FOX TV

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Justin

Post by Justin » 17 Jul 2004 09:17

How is it that shit like Method And Red can manage to stay on the air while good shows like Wonderfalls gets cancelled? TV pisses me off sometimes.

Wonderfalls > Quintuplets, Method and Red, The Jury, North Shore.

On that note, i really miss watching Caroline Dhavernas on Wonderfalls. Those were the best 4 Fridays of last season.
Last edited by Justin on 18 Jul 2004 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

tojoloveslohan

Post by tojoloveslohan » 17 Jul 2004 09:32

Justin you're so right. Fox has managed to fuck up thier line up every season. The only good thing they've ever done is fix the mistake they made by canceling Family Guy.

TomC

Post by TomC » 17 Jul 2004 09:32

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: were just some men thats on the mic, and when we rock up on the mic we rock the mic tight

Heathen

Post by Heathen » 17 Jul 2004 09:33

TV networks such as Fox are faceless corporations concerned only with profits. Good ratings = money. The only way these networks can obtain high ratings is by catering to their highest viewer demographic, which, in Fox's case, is composed mainly of individuals devoid of even the smallest shard of intellect. So you see, "smart" shows like Wonderfalls don't last while idiot shows like Method and Red do. It's all in the name of $$$$.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » 17 Jul 2004 09:50

Heathen nailed it. While most of us (those here) would rather see the lovely Caroline Dhavernas, others rather relate to someone they're more familiar with, ie. Method and Red. But it also has to deal with the Friday night death time slot. Of doom.

And, of course, the shitty execs at Fox are to blame. At least networks like ABC sometimes see the potential of their low rated shows (Alias) and keeps them around. But Fox tends to jump ship pretty quick. Least Firefly is getting a movie, and Wonderfalls will have the DVDs by the end of the year.

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping they don't fuck over 24 anymore than they already have.

heineken

Post by heineken » 17 Jul 2004 10:19

I'd prefer to know why Dave Chapelle/ Comedy Central isn't suing Fox for their blatent rip of his sketch "Trading Spouses". Fox is putting out a show with the same idea as the sketch, and with the same name nonetheless. Ridiculous.
Last edited by heineken on 17 Jul 2004 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

AlphaPrime

Post by AlphaPrime » 17 Jul 2004 11:17

Yeah.. Heathen hit the nail on the head.

Also the female demographic holds more sway in terms of importance as opposed to everyone else; apparently they have higher retention in terms of brand recognition from commercials and also are more likely to follow shows on a week to week basis, whereas men are less likely to do so.

That's why television is populated with sitcoms and infinite number of CSI's and Law&Order's; the sitcoms are aimed primarirly at the females and the serials are for the males which all have nice conclusions at the end of every episode.

And ever since Fox has stopped being the "other" network, they're furiously trying to push their way into middle; hence why all their shows are now all "safe" and not like Married with Children.

They really did screw wonderfalls over though, because they made them make extra episodes because they "didn't get what was going on" and made them air them as the 2,3rd eps which while not bad.. were not the best. Had they aired the remaining eps I guarentee the show would still be on the air. The FatPat and RussianMailOrderBride eps were just hilarious..

I think that episodes 1-11 are available up on bittorrent too for those interested

dryden

Post by dryden » 17 Jul 2004 11:57

Fox Shows that were Canceled Too Early (and not in any order):

1) Family Guy
2) The Ben Stiller Show
3) The Tick
4) Wonderfalls
5) Undeclared
6) Andy Richter Controls the Universe
7) Greg the Bunny

What the hell is wrong with Fox? They had some of the best creative and innovative comedy shows on regular television, and they fuck it up with their "Hey, Let's be like ABC / CBS / NBC and do the 'reality show' thing." Then again, people are watching their crap shows like "The Simple Life", "The Swan", "Joe Millionaire", and the badly-named "American Idol". I know someone has already said its corporate television, and I know it's all what people are watching and the trend. If people weren't watching the shows, they wouldn't be making them.

Thank God for Comedy Central and Cartoon Network.

Sunstrider

Post by Sunstrider » 17 Jul 2004 12:20

dryden wrote: Fox Shows that were Canceled Too Early (and not in any order):

1) Family Guy
2) The Ben Stiller Show
3) The Tick
4) Wonderfalls
5) Undeclared
6) Andy Richter Controls the Universe
7) Greg the Bunny
Don't forget Keen Eddie. They played a couple of episodes last Summer and then canned it! Bravo picked up the show and played all 13 episodes this past winter. It was a smart funny all around great show. Good going Fox you fuck heads.

As for Caroline Dhavernas, has anyone seen her nude scenes in the movies she made before wonderfalls?

<a href='http://mrskin.com/data/pic/00/42/68/dha ... e-n-08.jpg' target='_blank'>Carol</a>
<a href='http://mrskin.com/data/pic/00/42/68/dha ... e-n-06.jpg' target='_blank'>Carol2</a>
<a href='http://mrskin.com/data/pic/00/42/68/dha ... e-n-01.jpg' target='_blank'>Carol3</a>
<a href='http://mrskin.com/data/pic/00/42/68/dha ... f-n-14.jpg' target='_blank'>Carol4</a>
<a href='http://mrskin.com/data/pic/00/42/68/dha ... le-n-3.jpg' target='_blank'>Carol5</a>
<a href='http://mrskin.com/data/pic/00/42/68/dha ... le-n-2.jpg' target='_blank'>Carol6</a>
If these don't work then let me know and I'll try to fix them. If they've been posted before sometime in the distant past ....I don't care.

She looks much better in motion.
Last edited by Sunstrider on 17 Jul 2004 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

Wax The Rabbit

Post by Wax The Rabbit » 17 Jul 2004 12:30

Some more stuff on the new Family Guy episodes coming out.

<a href='http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4071' target='_blank'>Family Guy Info</a>
Last edited by Wax The Rabbit on 17 Jul 2004 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

VashtheStampede

Post by VashtheStampede » 17 Jul 2004 12:53

anyone heard any news about futurama comeback?

SirLoin

Post by SirLoin » 17 Jul 2004 12:56

I'm with you dryden, thank God for Comedy Central and Cartoon Network. Those are the two channels I watch the most. I never watched a lot of network television, but I completely stopped after a while because they started producing copious amounts of crap (reality shows, I can't stand them). Keen Eddie was great, and so was Family Guy. I'm glad I have Cartoon Network to give me my Family Guy fix.

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 17 Jul 2004 13:02

I will never watch the WB again since they canceled Angel which was easily the best written show on TV last year.

By the way...check the trailer out on this page for this game....

<a href='http://www.fightclubgame.com/us/' target='_blank'>http://www.fightclubgame.com/us/</a>

devilblue

Post by devilblue » 17 Jul 2004 13:11

I suppose arrested development will be cancelled next. I love that show.
Never saw Wonderfalls but I am downloading 9 episodes right now

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » 17 Jul 2004 13:40

heineken wrote:I'd prefer to know why Dave Chapelle/ Comedy Central isn't suing Fox for their blatent rip of his sketch "Trading Spouses". Fox is putting out a show with the same idea as the sketch, and with the same name nonetheless.
Actually, ABC is the one who has a problem with Fox's Trading Spouses. ABC had already announced plans for their own show called Wife Swap (based on the British show of the same name). Fox supposedly copied the idea and then rushed their show to market. They did the same thing when they created the boxing show The Next Great Champ in response to NBC's The Contender.
AlphaPrime wrote:Also the female demographic holds more sway in terms of importance as opposed to everyone else; apparently they have higher retention in terms of brand recognition from commercials and also are more likely to follow shows on a week to week basis, whereas men are less likely to do so.
The demographic for males age 18-34 is the most desired demographic. It may be that women are more loyal to shows, but apparently males age 18-34 are more easily influenced by advertisements and are more likely to spend their discretionary income on products featured in ads.