'Censored' Star Wars Trilogy DVDs?

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
surfpenguin

Post by surfpenguin » 23 Jul 2004 22:41

Looks to me like most of the edits involve people being shot by blasters. Maybe the edits were done for the commercial only, so they don't get into trouble with overzealous religious groups and what not, crying out that seeing a stormtrooper taking a blaster shot in the chest will corrupt America's youth and turn them all into serial raping killers.

I hope it's that. If the movies really are censored like the preview, I'll have George Lucas refund me every penny I've ever spent on Star Wars. Ok, I'll probably just take it like the little bitch I am, but I won't be happy about it.

galaga

Post by galaga » 24 Jul 2004 02:25

i recommend finding a copied version onto dvd of the laser disc original versions. i think this new box set is gonna be just crap. i have all three movies from laser disc on dvd and it rocks. try suprnova.org, i think they're there.

al k holik

Post by al k holik » 31 Jul 2004 18:39

galaga, you have a great name.

and, whether or not you buy the DVD, you still have the original films.... I can't believe Lucas is not offering the original films up against the ™ SPECIAL EDITIONS ® . Disappointing, but only because within 5 years, I'll be among the lucky 400 million privileged enough to buy them in the super-special edition, "available only because interest in Star Wars had waned so much due to overall lameness of the prequels" 6-Pack. Oh I look so forward to that day.

EDIT: like it matters. bad spelling.
Last edited by al k holik on 31 Jul 2004 20:05, edited 1 time in total.