Bill O'Reilly vs Michael Moore

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
meatwad

Post by meatwad » 31 Jul 2004 15:57

Well, Bill is the fuck'n man! I don't believe with him on everything, but he makes it so clear to people that any saine person would have acted the way Bush did- No contest. Moore is, well who he is, and he's just so far out of touch with reality that he makes an ass of himself and needs to move to France or Canada with all of the other "misguided" folk. But in their defense, THe media is so biased-well, everywhere, (NOBODY can DISPUTE that)- and people just can't get the real story and just don't know. It was a good showdown. The Factor Rules! Also, Do ya'll know that Canada refuses to have Fox news but is accepting the idea to have Al- jezzera (don't know how to spell that). Damn they hate us.

ruprechtjones

Post by ruprechtjones » 31 Jul 2004 16:02

Just keep doing what you're doing, Potee, and these boards will always be alive (excepting Justin's bandwidth bill...).
Now let's get back to tits. Can we talk about tits? Hey Justin, show us your tits. I'm not here for a Slashdot discussion...

Potee

Post by Potee » 31 Jul 2004 16:03

I know, what would you guys do with out me. I think I deserve a hug.

Please?

EDIT: I had to. Anyone remember that "Bomb Bin Laden" song? Here's <a href='http://kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=661' target='_blank'>The Sequel</a>
Last edited by Potee on 31 Jul 2004 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

XplosiveLaRDGuY

Post by XplosiveLaRDGuY » 31 Jul 2004 16:06

Dex wrote:It's called SARCASIM. Look it up.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>No entry found for sarcasim.</span>

Did you mean <a href='http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=sarcasm' target='_blank'>sarcasm</a>?

:huh:

ruprechtjones

Post by ruprechtjones » 31 Jul 2004 16:06

Back off, you faggot. This board is filled with soft sensitive burly-gay men. Give me some room, you flabby homos.

I'm only here to meet Amanda...

oh, and here's a damn good political parody for those 5 people in America that have missed it: <a href='http://www.jibjab.com/' target='_blank'>This Land</a>
Last edited by ruprechtjones on 31 Jul 2004 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

XplosiveLaRDGuY

Post by XplosiveLaRDGuY » 31 Jul 2004 16:11

Christ, three consecutive gay-bashing sentences in a row. Are you the most homophobic white trash to grace this earth?
Last edited by XplosiveLaRDGuY on 31 Jul 2004 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

hye

Post by hye » 31 Jul 2004 17:12

That inteview really deteriorated at the end when both sides stopped giving supporting details to any of their arguments.

What really gets me is how they spent all that time arguing semantics about what a lie is. Regardless of whether Bush received false information about WMD's in Iraq, stating that they did exist is a lie. As much as I hate Bush, you really can't place any blame on him for listening to people as high up in the intelligence community as he did. I think the point is, after the fact, Bush didn't publicly acknowledge that he made an honest mistake in invading Iraq based on the threat of WMD's. Also, I think the Bush administration, as well as the media (however liberal anyone thinks they are), have spun the invasion of Iraq as removing a dictator from power, when there are certainly other countries that are as repressive as far as human rights are concerned. <a href='http://www.freedomhouse.org/media/pressrel/040204.htm' target='_blank'>link</a> If you look around a bit, you can look at past data. In 2002 (before invasion), Iraq was only one of nine countries which were ranked equally bad, a list that includes Afghanistan, Burma, Cuba, N. Korea, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, and Turkmenistan. As far as protecting national interests, we did invade Afghanistan, but both Libya and Syria fund anti-US terrorism and have been doing so for a while. I haven't seen any reports of Iraq funding anti-US terrorism until recently, and I think we can all agree that you can expect suicide bombers when you invade a country like we did. But do correct me if you find something.

As far as O'Reilly's arguments about Hitler: he's talking about a completely different timeframe. There was no UN, Europe was still devastated from WWI, and Hitler ran unchecked into Poland way before the US ever got involved. Nowadays, when someone invades someone else (like Iraq and Kuwait in the early 90's), the UN steps in and kicks them out. To say that not invading Iraq and removing Saddam from power is akin to letting Hitler come to power doesn't make sense, and Michael Moore is a dumbass for not pointing this out. The way we (the UN) currently deals with countries who don't have jack for human rights is embargoes and such, because we really don't have the resources to invade every country that doesn't give freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

And when O'Reilly talks about people who volunteer for the army, yes, that's great, but I don't think he realizes that the armed forces is under serious strain from being in so many places at once, and it is certainly possible for there to be another draft. Moreover, the government is amending draft law so that higher education doesn't let you get out of it, which is pretty scary for students like me, who HAVE to register in order to get Federal financial aid.

And finally, Potee, you are a dumbass:
Am I the only person who noticed that Michael Moore stole his title from Ray Bradbury's book "Farenheight 451"?
Nope, you're just the only one stupid enough to think parodying is illegal (actually, it isn't) and for being stupid enough to think that we're all too illiterate to have read Fahrenheit 451. (Yeah, and you spelled Fahrenheit wrong as well)
I thought this was interesting in F 9/11. Michael Moore says that Saddam never threatened the life of an American. But later in the film he says that one of the reasons Bush went to war with Iraq is because Saddam tried to kill his father, Bush Sr. Last time I checked, you had to be an American citizen to be President.
The implication here is that Bush Jr. is going to war on false grounds (ie. that Saddam tried to kill his father Bush Sr.) NOT, that Saddam actually threatened Bush Sr. I don't think Saddam had a sinister plan to invade Kuwait, draw out the UN (and thus the US) troops, lose, wait for Bush Sr. to fly in on his victory plane only to be shot down by a SAM. Seriously, do you know anything about the Gulf War?

And God, you're a fucking dumbass too, to buy that Clinton bash justification:
Whether Clinton is better of Bush is better is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT issue, and just because both Clinton and Moore are calling out Bush does not mean that they are in cahoots. Sure Clinton may be hypocritical about lying in office, but that really doesn't have anything to do with Moore.

SunDevilZac

Post by SunDevilZac » 31 Jul 2004 17:15

in regards to me reading all these comments...

at first i was a little scared...

now i'm fucking hot. after all this political debate i am ready to fuck

thatsmypanda

Post by thatsmypanda » 31 Jul 2004 17:23

Anyone who takes Moore’s words and movies as fact is blind. However, Moore is smart, smart at making money. If you went to see his movies and believe in what he says, you fell right into his lap, lining his pockets. Moore doesn’t even believe the crap that he says, he is laughing at you all while he rides his Porsche all the way to the bank.

Moore’s only retort, “Would you sacrifice your child to secure Fallujah?” is absurd. American soldiers are men and women, and would probably be insulted by Moore’s comments as “Kids”. They volunteered to join the armed forces. so the real question is: If you were president would you send the United States Military to rid the world and protect America from radical islamic extremists who want to kill you and your family? Moore would say, "No" just to sell a couple more tickets to you delusional Bush haters. Well we survived fascism and communism, and as long as Bush is in office, its safe to say we will survive radical islam.

al k holik

Post by al k holik » 31 Jul 2004 18:15

Mad magazine. The reason this website is allowed to even exist is Mad magazine.

In the 50's Mad was a full-color standard comic book consisting of satires of both popular movies and culture. The other magazines their publisher EC produced were of the gory horror and cheesy romance variety. A few senators up for re-election saw to it that this became a national issue, and they brought about the Comics Code you see on all issues of Spider-Man and most other mainstream comics.

Mad went on to become what it sorta is today (there now is outside advertising - before a couple of years ago, there were only satires of ads), a source of satire obtainable by kids. I loved Mad. Even old, recycled Mad bits were great. I wasted a lot of my money on Mad.

Why does this belong in this thread? Because in their own ways both O'Reilly and Moore are SATIRE - but they are inadvertantly ridiculing their own causes to further them. Shout louder tahn the other guy, and you will win. Bullshit!

I would take a bullet for Michael Moore before I would let Bill O'Reilly clean my toilet. But neither one of them is running for President. Let's concentrate on the actual players in the election, rather than the talking heads that seem to define it right now.
Last edited by al k holik on 31 Jul 2004 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

al k holik

Post by al k holik » 31 Jul 2004 18:29

Well we survived fascism and communism, and as long as Bush is in office, its safe to say we will survive radical islam.
Possibly the DUMBEST thing I've read on these boards - and that includes the Chyna thread. Geez.

deuce_hexx

Post by deuce_hexx » 31 Jul 2004 19:23

hye wrote:What really gets me is how they spent all that time arguing semantics about what a lie is.&nbsp; Regardless of whether Bush received false information about WMD's in Iraq, stating that they did exist is a lie.
...no offence Hye, but that there seems to be some arguing of semantics you're doing.

Anyway... This whole ridiculously evil Bush thing makes me even gladder I'm not a member of the big country to the south. Canada to the MaX!!!!!

(I'm too drunk and tired to look through the rest of the posts to see if there's something worth commenting on... Please assume I would have been witty)

hye

Post by hye » 31 Jul 2004 20:35

Sorry, I meant not telling the truth. As a scientist, my definition of a lie means exactly that. None of this hazy stuff about belief or intention. I think most people will agree with me that stating something untrue is a lie regardless of whether you believe it or not or whether you intend to deceive or not.

wellness

Post by wellness » 31 Jul 2004 21:08

meatwad wrote: Do ya'll know that Canada refuses to have Fox news but is accepting the idea to have Al- jezzera (don't know how to spell that).&nbsp; Damn they hate us.
That's probably one of the stupidest things i've heard. I'd love to see where you got that info!! Or are you just spining lies.

hectorubaldo

Post by hectorubaldo » 31 Jul 2004 21:17

And here we go again with Justin and his *I heart Michael Moore* harangue.

Dude, it's imperative for you to finish your college education and come out to the real world so you can start thinking for yourself.

If you cannot see what is plainly in front of your eyes, that Moore is an obese, America hating bafoon, then I can't help you.

And I leave you with this. Moore is fond of the circus stunt of asking lawmakers to enlist their kids in the military. To him I reply: if you love our boys and girls in uniform so much, as you profess to do, then are you willing to give up *ALL* of your considerable fortune (made by telling lies) to them, for their wellbeing and safety?

Michael Moore and his like can kiss my shiny metal ass.

Love and kisses

H