Bill O'Reilly vs Michael Moore

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
flagass

Post by flagass » 01 Aug 2004 11:24

war is war the premises they can't help so they shouldn't have signed up , idiot.

AcydPhreak

Post by AcydPhreak » 01 Aug 2004 11:46

thatmexi wrote: "(In the interview, Moore calls Bush a criminal.  Last time I checked, plagarism is a crime.)"

There was no plagarism.  Stop lying.  And it's not even slander/libel.  Bush IS a criminal.  Check his arrest history.
What is his record?

Potee

Post by Potee » 01 Aug 2004 12:30

Bush got a DUI when he was 23 or something. The democrats dredged it back up during the 2000 election, because they couldn't find anything else to smear Bush with.
Last edited by Potee on 01 Aug 2004 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

bligityblah

Post by bligityblah » 01 Aug 2004 12:43

Technically he's not a criminal since the arrest record was sealed and or expunged. It's no longer a matter of legal record so it's as if it doesn't exist. This kind of thing happens all the time for thousands of people in the country, even for DUI. Money or not.

Potee

Post by Potee » 01 Aug 2004 12:51

I thought that criminal records were only expunged and sealed if the crime was committed by a minor, when the minor turns 18. Or is it different with misdemeanors, like DUI?
Last edited by Potee on 01 Aug 2004 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

davidw00t

Post by davidw00t » 01 Aug 2004 16:57

flagass wrote: They aren't sending children there. The "children" are in the military.. it's part of their job, if they didn't want to have the possibility of going to war then they shouldn't have joined. Who's to say O'reilly has a say in whether or not his kid goes... he is leaving the 'child' to think on his own behalf. Who's to let him speak for anyone other than himself. The 'children' are 18+ in the military... in this country that means they can think for themselves. If they didnt' wanna go to war don't join the military... duhh
This guy's got a point. I'm going to join the military, and that's to fight and kill for my country. Or, in the case of Iraq, to liberate a country. Saddam Hussein was responsible for the torture and slaughter of hundreds of thousands, yet people are acting like George W. is the one who deserves to die. Michael Moore might not be able to appreciate their freedom, but I'm sure the 25 million who lived under his dictatorship did.

speakEz

Post by speakEz » 02 Aug 2004 08:46

davidw00t wrote:
flagass wrote: They aren't sending children there. The "children" are in the military.. it's part of their job, if they didn't want to have the possibility of going to war then they shouldn't have joined. Who's to say O'reilly has a say in whether or not his kid goes... he is leaving the 'child' to think on his own behalf. Who's to let him speak for anyone other than himself. The 'children' are 18+ in the military... in this country that means they can think for themselves. If they didnt' wanna go to war don't join the military... duhh
This guy's got a point. I'm going to join the military, and that's to fight and kill for my country. Or, in the case of Iraq, to liberate a country. Saddam Hussein was responsible for the torture and slaughter of hundreds of thousands, yet people are acting like George W. is the one who deserves to die. Michael Moore might not be able to appreciate their freedom, but I'm sure the 25 million who lived under his dictatorship did.
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS?????? i think you need to check your sources their buddy. do you know that to date we've killed over 11,000 civilians and you can check bbc news for that! We now have constant hostage situations and civil unrest. Before there were no terrorists and now everyone to al queda is in the country. That is not fucking liberation. Yor a gonna be a soldier that kills for your country!??! Your killing for a lost fucking cause and your making your self into a terrorist. But.... go, go to iraq and get killed. But do it for your self.

Potee

Post by Potee » 02 Aug 2004 09:36

speakEz wrote:Before there were no terrorists and now everyone to al queda is in the country.
You're kidding right? Do you really think that there were no terrorists in Iraq? Saddam was a terrorist. (Gassing an entire region of your own country, killing 5,000 people in 1 day is domestic terrorism.)

Hundreds of thousands of murders is an estimate based on information from Iraqis: There are reports of about 260 mass graves in Iraq, and 40 have been found. About 300,000 are estimated to be in those graves.

Just out of curiosity, speakEz, what do you personally think all these terrorists and guerilla fighters are fighting for?

Potee

Post by Potee » 02 Aug 2004 10:52

At least one other person agrees with me:

joemaxwell

Post by joemaxwell » 02 Aug 2004 12:21

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."

-George McKibbens

c-unit

Post by c-unit » 03 Aug 2004 22:17

the whole "would you send your child to iraq" thing is absolutely ridiculous. i personally am becoming and training to be a paratrooper in the air force and it is not my "mommy or daddys" decision whether or not im going. it was my choice.

kvl

Post by kvl » 03 Aug 2004 23:11

I can't get the videos, so i can't make a smart political comment on this.

jdaw2552

Post by jdaw2552 » 05 Aug 2004 11:14

Yes, its my choice to go, the soldiers in Iraq fighting decided to go on their own. Well for the most part.
Neither of them won the argument. OReilly got him with the taking out saddam houssein, and Moore got OReilly with the sending someone elses child to war.

StizzleRizzle

Post by StizzleRizzle » 05 Aug 2004 12:51

The whole send your child to war is fucking stupid. And the people in the military who are complaining are even more stupid. I mean they signed up for the army because they wanted to get soe money to pay for tuition or whatever. They never thought they would actually have to do anything and now they are pissed because they do. God damn freeloaders thats the whole problem. It's their own fault.

the other

Post by the other » 05 Aug 2004 13:06

StizzleRizzle wrote: The whole send your child to war is fucking stupid.  And the people in the military who are complaining are even more stupid.  I mean they signed up for the army because they wanted to get soe money to pay for tuition or whatever.  They never thought they would actually have to do anything and now they are pissed because they do.  God damn freeloaders thats the whole problem.  It's their own fault.
I agree with you about the people signing up only for the GI bill. If you don't want to play soldier why in the hell did you sign up. That is like a doctor that doesn't like the sight of blood.

But to moore asking "would you sign up your child" thing. What I think he is trying to do is have them think of "what if that was your child?" Would you send them to war? Any idiot knows you can not sign up anyone else for service. You can not think too literally.