Batman Begins

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
vultureug

Post by vultureug » 06 Aug 2004 01:33

i still think the batmobile should be sleek but inconspicuous (sp?). He's the dark knight. not the flashy look at my huge tank knight. he keeps to the shadows to stay unseen... sigh... other than my large grip with the batmobile, i'd still see the movie.

reservrdg8

Post by reservrdg8 » 06 Aug 2004 01:41

That's pretty crazy but yeah I don't know if it fits the Batman that we all know. It would be cool as an alternate vehicle but not as the Batmobile itself.

earthtoandy

Post by earthtoandy » 06 Aug 2004 02:28

i was worried about this movie because of how lame they have all been since the first one... and the tank made me mad at first. But after seeing this trailer i have faith now.

<a href='http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/batm ... r_hi_a.mov' target='_blank'>http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/batm ... i_a.mov</a>

Bacon

Post by Bacon » 06 Aug 2004 03:02

This movie will own. Bale is a God.

I'm really glad they're rebooting the series.

hoodoo

Post by hoodoo » 06 Aug 2004 03:16

So is thing gonna go off-road too, what the fuck?

AcydPhreak

Post by AcydPhreak » 06 Aug 2004 04:25

surfpenguin wrote:
AcydPhreak wrote: Did anyone think that maybe its not the batmobile.&nbsp; Its from the movie we know that cause the police cars, but maybe its a villans car.&nbsp; Its just seems weird thats nothing like any of the other batmobiles EVER
It is the Batmobile. At Comic-Con a few weeks back, they supposedly said during the Batman Begins panel that there is a "reason" why the Batmobile looks this way.
Oh, well then I would like to know that reason

DeathBeforeDesigner
Location: I don't know, it's kind of warm and dark and if I move this way I feel something really warm

Post by DeathBeforeDesigner » 06 Aug 2004 04:30

I'm making my way thruogh the script now and I've read a review on the script and it has been called the best Batman story to be put on screen (though that' snot saying much). It's supposed to be really dark and so far into the script it is dark story. More realistic than the other Batman movies by far.

Mastodon

Post by Mastodon » 06 Aug 2004 05:26

Borjan has it right. I don't see why you can dislike this batmobile for not looking like the others... it's a PREQUEL. It came BEFORE the batmobile we used to play with when we were 15 *cough*. I think it looks pretty sweet for a car that's gonna be chasing down psychos with machine guns, and whatever else they start creating in the Batman series.
To whoever made fun of its turning radius: It can obviously handle pretty well, as we've seen in the clip. You apparently have no idea why semi's have double-wheels.
to whoever whined about capitalism: Who's gonna market a film with a batmobile like that to kids? It looks like a hummer with a drop-job and snow plough on the front.
to whoever was whining about it not fitting the image: Firstly, Batman in this movie is not the Batman you know anything about unless you read the comics religiously. Secondly, it's just as inconspicuous as any other batmobile, i mean they all had massive turbine engines or whatever, and they were the size of a Limo.

This looks like one of those born-again things, I'm not sure of what it is, but it's basically what the hero/villian's storyline would be if they had been born in our generation, IE: A batman not created in the 40s, but in the 90s. So everyone who was wearing pinstripe gangster suits now wears parachute pants. Or something.

Tankz

Post by Tankz » 06 Aug 2004 06:33

I like it, but that's a given. I dislike Christian Bale. I think he is too much of a pretty boy. He is not big either. He has no muscle. I think they should get someone who actually looks like he can kick some ass. They were on the right track with Val Kilmer who actually has an bicep that is bigger than his forearm. I like the new logo also.

sevenseat

Post by sevenseat » 06 Aug 2004 06:41

Maybe GM is a sponsor. Since the Dark Knight cant actually drive a hummer around, they "hummerized" his ride - sortof an indirect product placement.

Still sux though

Rivers

Post by Rivers » 06 Aug 2004 06:59

Tankz wrote: I like it, but that's a given. I dislike Christian Bale. I think he is too much of a pretty boy. He is not big either. He has no muscle. I think they should get someone who actually looks like he can kick some ass. They were on the right track with Val Kilmer who actually has an bicep that is bigger than his forearm. I like the new logo also.
he's not suppose to look big. This is when he came up with the idea of being batman. He wasnt doing all that work out crap to bulk up for huge guys like mr. freeze yet.

Crotch Pizza

Post by Crotch Pizza » 06 Aug 2004 07:18

this movie is going to suck like the last few have, sure all the gagets are cool and whatnot, but, i mean come on if this how batman started shouldnt the bat mobile and bat suit suck, and he should get his ass kicked all the time, now that would be an awesome flick, but this one he is all pimped out to start with, and he's gonna kick everyones ass, its going to suck, but I am still going to see it since its anothr batman movie.
Last edited by Crotch Pizza on 06 Aug 2004 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 06 Aug 2004 07:26

Bale is fucking huge right now. He's been actually ripping through the suits. Don't worry about that.

The batmobile is a spin off of a project by Wayne Enterprises which has a military technology division. That's the reasoning behind that.

The Scarecrow is younger because Batman is younger. In the movie Bruce Wayne is 25.

a213b

Post by a213b » 06 Aug 2004 07:55

So is thing gonna go off-road too, what the fuck?
It'll probably be like most SUV owners today -- A FUCKING PUSSY. Get the biggest, largest ass vehicle you can find (but make sure it had heated leather seats), and then take it to the fucking grocery store and shopping mall. Get it washed and waxed every week, and take it off-road every now and then when you take your fucking children to Little League practice and have to park in the gravel parking lot.

I hate those people. Die fuckers, die. [/Pussy SUV Owner rant]

Back to the topic -- this thing looks fucking gay. It's ALMOST enough to inspire me to not go see this movie ... ALMOST, but not quite.
Last edited by a213b on 06 Aug 2004 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

jaxz0rz

Post by jaxz0rz » 06 Aug 2004 09:54

I don't remember where I read it, but apparently the new batmobile is supposed to be able to jump in the air or something, that's why it's designed like that.

Go Go Gadget Batmobile!