Batman Begins

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
a213b

Post by a213b » 06 Aug 2004 10:04

jaxz0rz wrote: I don't remember where I read it, but apparently the new batmobile is supposed to be able to jump in the air or something, that's why it's designed like that.

Go Go Gadget Batmobile!
That's the faggiest thing I've ever heard of -- if true, I can guarantee that I will never go see the movie.

Although, truth be told, it sounds like it's going to be pretty damn good. They've lined up an incredible cast of very talented actors, so those should hopefully redeem the shittiness that is the Batmobile.

Fathertime7

Post by Fathertime7 » 06 Aug 2004 10:11

Well it can't be any worse then daredevil. DC comics till suck though

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 06 Aug 2004 10:38

a213b,
It's a David Goyer script directed by Chris Nolan. The producers are all some of the best around. The actors are what's going to make this movie good, but the creative talent are what will make it great.

This thing will bust Spiderman's balls with a sledgehammer.

speakEz

Post by speakEz » 06 Aug 2004 10:45

NO it wont. I dont see any movies unless they have meyrl streep in them. Just kidding. Batman is the fucking shit. Thing looks like a fuckin hum-v though!

James Earl Jones

Post by James Earl Jones » 06 Aug 2004 10:52

Though the car looks great, it's not exactly batmanie?

speakEz

Post by speakEz » 06 Aug 2004 10:53

yeah its more like the fuckin hulk mobile

Tankz

Post by Tankz » 06 Aug 2004 10:56

Rivers wrote: he's not suppose to look big. This is when he came up with the idea of being batman. He wasnt doing all that work out crap to bulk up for huge guys like mr. freeze yet.
Well he isn't supposed to look like a pretty boy fag pussy wimp either.

speakEz

Post by speakEz » 06 Aug 2004 10:58

Tankz wrote: Well he isn't supposed to look like a pretty boy fag pussy wimp either.
pretty boy fag pussy wimp????? is that what you scream out durring sex?

Tankz

Post by Tankz » 06 Aug 2004 11:32

speakEz wrote:
Tankz wrote: Well he isn't supposed to look like a pretty boy fag pussy wimp either.
pretty boy fag pussy wimp????? is that what you scream out durring sex?
No, it is what your dad screams out during sex. I would know. Tell him he left his watch on my nightstand.

DeathBeforeDesigner
Location: I don't know, it's kind of warm and dark and if I move this way I feel something really warm

Post by DeathBeforeDesigner » 06 Aug 2004 11:42

Crotch Pizza wrote: this movie is going to suck like the last few have, sure all the gagets are cool and whatnot, but, i mean come on if this how batman started shouldnt the bat mobile and bat suit suck, and he should get his ass kicked all the time, now that would be an awesome flick, but this one he is all pimped out to start with, and he's gonna kick everyones ass, its going to suck, but I am still going to see it since its anothr batman movie.
The movie is not going to suck. This is a very realistic Batman. He's not even Batman until it gets deeper into hte movie. He's just an average guy. I'm going to do a small bit of spoiling.

It starts out with Bruce in prison. You find out why he's in prison through flashbacks he has. While in prison he's attacked and then promptly kicks a guy's ass and they put him in solitary confinement. This guy, Ra's Al Ghul's goon, talks to him and tells him exactly what he needs to hear (pretty much, I'll train you to be better than you already are). Bruce is let out of prison and the first thing he does is go to Tibet to train with Ra's Al Ghul (played by Ken Watanabe, he speaks no English in the film, Ducard, his assistant, does the speaking for him).
They train and this is when the flashbacks come in. It shows Bruce at 8 years old playing with the maid's daughter, Rachel, she's 10. They're playing hide-and-seek I beileve it is and Bruce runs into the kitchen and falls through the floor and breaks his arm. All the bats come out of the cave and it scares him.
Another flashback, he's still young and his parents are at the theatre (stage theatre) and he gets fidgety asks to leave. Bruce's father opts to take him outside for a breather and his mother follows too. This is when some goon comes up and asks for money. Bruce's father being the rich guy he is says it'll be ok and takes out his wallet. He drops the wallet and the goon gets a bit figety. He picks it up and then he asks for the mother's pearls. (They were brand new pearls just bought for her.) The goon ends up killing the mother and father and running off.)
Another flashback, Bruce has been kicked out of numerous Ivy League colleges and decides to return to Wayne Manor. He's fed up with his life and all that and decides he's gonna sell the mansion and whatnot, Alfred yells at him saying it's been in the family for many generations.
His parents killer is (either going to trial or getting out of jail, not sure) and he's walkign from the courthouse and people are surrounding him when this woman comes up to him and shoots him. That was supposed to be his vengeance and the woman took it from him. He talks to Rachel in the car and pulls out the gun and says "I was going to kill myself." She slaps him a few times and starts crying. No reaction from him.

That's as far as I've gotten 30 pages into. Still plenty of more to go. I love it so far.

And yes the Batmobile can jump apparently later in the movie Rachel has been gassed with Scarecrow's gas and he's trying to get her back to the Batcave as fast as possible and so he's jumping on rooftops and such trying to get his enemies off.

Whattman

Post by Whattman » 06 Aug 2004 11:51

Bale was pretty good in Reign of Fire....It might be worth checking out

Mr_Junky

Post by Mr_Junky » 06 Aug 2004 12:49

they should make a batman vs spiderman

pistolero

Post by pistolero » 06 Aug 2004 13:11

i'd like to add to anyone else posting from now on that this movie is NOT A GODDAMN PREQUEL. the film is the reintroduction of a cult icon, and is basically stating that the other films didn't happen, or rather that they're just another take on the story. so stop bitching and moaning about the batmobile not being sleek and streamlined like the others. it's a fucking bat-tank, so its time to grow some balls and just accept it

AlphaPrime

Post by AlphaPrime » 06 Aug 2004 14:48

Obviously noone here even reads the Batman comic books.. anyone who read Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" story knows that the batmobile in the movie comes straight from his books.. and it makes sense since the script is apparently heavily based on his Year One thread... and though I personally liked the old batmobile better as well... I have zero problems with this one... and the reasoning is there as well. Wayne Enterprises does projects fer the military.. when batman needed a car to fight crime that's where he stole it from.... makes sense to me..

tortus

Post by tortus » 06 Aug 2004 15:21

jaxz0rz wrote: the new batmobile is supposed to be able to jump in the air or something, that's why it's designed like that.
How the hell are four 300-pound truck tires going to help that hunk of trash jump in the air? I don't care too much whether there's a valid reason behind the styling besides continuity - it is a fictional movie after all - but if you're going to come up with reasons to defend the styling, at least pull something out of your ass that makes sense.