And we're back

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Justin

Post by Justin » 14 Aug 2004 10:36

Holla bitches! So i just got my <A HREF="http://homepages.wmich.edu/~devans/COM% ... rades.html" target="_blank">grades</A> and shit back for that short movie we made for class. We got a 154 points out of a possible 150. Because it's just THAT DAMN GOOD (or at least better than the rest of the other shorts). Incidently it was also the only short that got a perfect score (150). Plus i also have the highest number of points in class AND i got an A. In the words of Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie:

"That's hot"

So i went and saw Alien vs. Predator today. It was actually pretty alright. Got in with that free ticket you get when you buy the Collector's Edition of Predator on DVD. I love how they're giving away movie tickets with DVDs these days. Half the movies i've seen this year i didn't even have to buy a ticket for. Got 'em free with DVDs (The Chronicles of Riddick, Spider-Man 2, The Bourne Supremacy, AVP). That's hot.

The only thing i wish Paul W.S Anderson did differently with AVP was to let it have an R rating. Plus, they really wasted the one and only "fuck" that they're allowed to say (in a PG-13 movie) on the wrong line.

It really should have gone to the "ugly motherfucker" line. Instead of the one they went with (which was pretty lame).

Hopefully there'll be an unrated directors cut on DVD with extra gore and swearing (kinda like what they're doing with the Chronicles of Riddick DVD). Actually i think they're also gonna double dip P.W.S.A's Resident Evil with a deluxe DVD edition or something. Was that movie originally PG-13? Can't remember. Either way it would be cool if they put out an unrated cut for both Resident Evil and AVP somewhere along the line (doubtful though).

Anyway, apologies for the site downtime these past 2 days. Apparently they were doing some kind of maintenence on the servers and installing a firewall system or something for the network so that we won't get DOS attacks. But anyhow, we're back. And i'll probably be updating a lot more now since i'm pretty much done with school crap for now (at least until the Fall semester starts).

More updates later.

Seacrest out!
Last edited by Justin on 04 Dec 2004 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » 14 Aug 2004 10:53

whoo hoo!

The damn site kept redirecting me to hotmail.

Semper Phildelis

Post by Semper Phildelis » 14 Aug 2004 11:02

thank god. what do you expect me to do at work when the site is down? hopefully the government never figures out what they're paying me for. thanks for paying your taxes!

for real im gonna go cash in my spare change and give it to fubar. justin could buy a twinkie for lunch.
Last edited by Semper Phildelis on 14 Aug 2004 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

The Zot

Post by The Zot » 14 Aug 2004 11:09

High five on the score Justin!

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 14 Aug 2004 11:18

Whoever loses. Justin wins.

keykenny

Post by keykenny » 14 Aug 2004 11:21

Well deserved Justin. Glad you had fun doing the video, and got good grades for it too. I still want to see that god damn COMMERCIAL!

Tankz

Post by Tankz » 14 Aug 2004 11:25

I am going to make my own commercial and it will be the bestest one evar!

Justin

Post by Justin » 14 Aug 2004 11:25

i'm never going to post that commercial. ever!~!!

AVP QUESTION:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!

so can anybody who's seen the movie tell me when the hell did that last predator get 'impregnated' with that chestburster? maybe i wasn't paying attention but did one of those face huggers actually get to him during that whole taking his faceplate off marking himself with the aliens blood scene? i only remember him slicing one in half and also slicing an aliens head in half. cant remember if any face huggers actually got to him (maybe it happened off screen?)
Last edited by Justin on 14 Aug 2004 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

_sappy_

Post by _sappy_ » 14 Aug 2004 12:48

Yeah, it was right after he got done marking himself they cut back to him finishing and a spider alien came at him and he had his gaurd down.. however they didn't show it attaching to him, they just implied it. otherwise the ending would have not been such a surprize to most people, they wanted you to forget...

eggfart

Post by eggfart » 14 Aug 2004 12:54

<jimmy fallen dj skit> and we're backkkk!!!! </jimmy fallen dj skit>

Justin

Post by Justin » 14 Aug 2004 13:08

_sappy_ wrote: Yeah, it was right after he got done marking himself they cut back to him finishing and a spider alien came at him and he had his gaurd down.. however they didn't show it attaching to him, they just implied it. otherwise the ending would have not been such a surprize to most people, they wanted you to forget...
ah yes. that's what i thought. that scene was the only possible scene where it could have happened.

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 14 Aug 2004 15:53

_sappy_ wrote: Yeah, it was right after he got done marking himself they cut back to him finishing and a spider alien came at him and he had his gaurd down.. however they didn't show it attaching to him, they just implied it. otherwise the ending would have not been such a surprize to most people, they wanted you to forget...
Thanks a lot you arsehole.

~vjay~

Post by ~vjay~ » 14 Aug 2004 18:24

Wondered where you all went, thought maybe you all thought I smelt bad or something & ran off to make a new group (snicker)

quilens

Post by quilens » 14 Aug 2004 19:32

congrats on the score

did you get a chance to gloat and look self- righteous at the same time.

rick

Post by rick » 14 Aug 2004 20:48

Never realized how much of a junkie I am for this fucking site til the access went down a few days ago. Being unemployed for the summer(by choice -- I like to get all fucked up in the summer and working 9~5 all week doesn't fit that lifestyle) I need this site to keep me sane between the constant boozing, watching movies and hanging at the pubs/clubs.