QT Blog?

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Justin

Post by Justin » 24 Aug 2004 17:26

<li><A HREF="http://qtdiary.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Quentin Tarantino's blog</a>

Real or fake?
Last edited by Justin on 04 Dec 2004 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

lechero

Post by lechero » 24 Aug 2004 17:31

I'm going with fake. Very fake. Britney Spears tits fake even.

I remember seeing an entire community of people with "celebrity" blogs that were by no means the people they posed to be. I guess if thats what makes you happy, go for it. Seems kind of like a waste of time to me.
Last edited by lechero on 24 Aug 2004 17:32, edited 1 time in total.

Lock

Post by Lock » 24 Aug 2004 17:41

I'm going with fake. Very fake. Britney Spears tits fake even
Britney has such bad tits that if they actually are fake she should have hired someone to kill that plastic surgeon.
I don't want to turn this into a press promotion thing and that's what I told Miramax when I started it (with their cooperation). If you really want proof this blog is genuine, you can find it by contacting Miramax or whatever
I can't concieve of why he would need Miramax's permission, and any desk flunky you managed to get hold of at Miramax isnt going to have the slightest idea anyway. Most likely pure bullshit that the author figures won't be able to be disproven by his readers.
This is for the fans, and if they trust me then fine -- if they don't, all I can say is that convincing a few of them isn't worth ruining it by telling reporters who'll post it all over the 'Net and daily news
Sounds suspiciously like that "have faith and ye shall be rewarded with eternal bliss, but ye unbelievers will burn forever in the fires of hell" shite that the church spews out to put people with questions off the scent.
But as long as the fans are reading and it doesn't turn into a press extravanganza. The day that happens, I'm going to make a public announcement that I'm retiring the blog, because all I need is quotes from my blog getting smeared everywhere I don't want them... Or maybe I'll keep this shit going anyway. We'll see.
I read that as: I'm not really QT, but right now I'm having fun pretending. However if this gets serious and receives press coverage then I'll probably have to bail because I don't want my ass getting sued.
I think if he weren't in office, there could be potential there to play another baddie. Shit, he hasn't really played one since TERMINATOR 1, has he?
Mr Freeze. QT, I think, would know more about films.
Last edited by Lock on 24 Aug 2004 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

sevenseat

Post by sevenseat » 24 Aug 2004 20:27

Hey Justin, maybe you should do a fake site too. You could pretend you are Avril or something?!

J/K That site is definately fake.

ferdinand

Post by ferdinand » 24 Aug 2004 20:47

no, it's got to be true. didn't you read the email from jessica, the fan from la? her friend got an autograph. that proves it. i mean, come on.

WP_LeGeNd

Post by WP_LeGeNd » 24 Aug 2004 21:09

yeah and didn't ben affleck post on this site a while ago... so it is possible!

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 24 Aug 2004 21:46

If it's a fake it's a good one. I'm buying it. Then again I'm a Commie.

pevee

Post by pevee » 24 Aug 2004 23:06

I dont know if I think this is the real quentin Tarintino, Or I want it to be him.

The poster just seems to have all the manerisms of Quentin when we see him in his interviews.

Well, its been put in my favourite anyway.

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » 25 Aug 2004 00:53

I'm going with fake.
He wants this to just be some normal-type-thing, but still announces that his name is Quentin Tarentino?
Doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

pevee

Post by pevee » 25 Aug 2004 01:41

Clarissa wrote: I'm going with fake.
He wants this to just be some normal-type-thing, but still announces that his name is Quentin Tarentino?
If he doesn't say his name how else will the reader know who the blog is about?

damone

Post by damone » 25 Aug 2004 01:50

Why [is] Samue L. Jackson almost in every movie you make? It's cool that he's in the movies, I think he's great , but just wondering is there any particular reason for that. Same thin[g] with Uma Thurman...? A bit stupid questions, but I was just wondering... :)

- Eeva, Finland

Sam's been in three of my five movies -- PULP FICTION, JACKIE BROWN & KILL BILL 2, but he had a very small part in BILL and the first two...it's just cause we had a good time and wanted to work together again! I've also used Michael (Madsen) three times, so fuck...I just like to use the same actors I guess. And Uma's just wonderful -- I'd work with her all the time if I could.
I thought this was real until i read this part, Samuel L. Jackson also stared in True Romance, again a very small part

At first i thought maybe he didn't class True Romance as one of his films, but he then goes on to say 3 of the 5, the 5 including TR

Who knows, if it is a fake you'd think they would have checked iMDB!?

Umgawa

Post by Umgawa » 25 Aug 2004 01:52

Dude, it's totally real, because celebs love blogs; just like how Affleck used to write for Fubar, and that wasn't fake.

EDIT: On a serious note, I think that I read or heard Tarantino say that he was a notoriously bad speller once. I doubt he's washing this thing through someone else to fix all of the errors that spellcheck wouldn't pick up. And if you're still not convinced, ask him what he thought of Final Destination 2. Unless he reads the Chicago Sun-Times, it'll probably come out all wrong.

ADDENDUM: All things aside, though, I bet that was Affleck writing for Fubar.
Last edited by Umgawa on 25 Aug 2004 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » 25 Aug 2004 01:56

pevee wrote:
Clarissa wrote: I'm going with fake.
If he doesn't say his name how else will the reader know who the blog is about?
They don't need to. If he wants it to be some normal person random thing, he wouldn't put his name on it.
Blah.
Most bloggers don't put their full names on their blogs anyhow, because the internet is full of creepy stalker perverts. (Just look at FUBAR).

Edited because I can't spell for shit.
Last edited by Clarissa on 25 Aug 2004 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Finfan13

Post by Finfan13 » 25 Aug 2004 03:44

I'd say that it is Quentin. But you never can be 100% positive till you ask him yourself in person.

Whattman

Post by Whattman » 25 Aug 2004 04:16

I sure would like to believe that was him, because if it is really Tarantino, then that blog is really cool. But if it isn't..........isn't that some sort of copyright infringement??