Passion

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Wombat

Post by Wombat » 10 Sep 2004 04:09

Phife don't feed speakEz! We want him to starve to death so he never posts again.

Phife

Post by Phife » 10 Sep 2004 04:19

Wombat wrote: Phife don't feed speakEz! We want him to starve to death so he never posts again.
Oh fuck! I didn't know. Chew his damn leg off and send him home a fucking amputee wombat!

samebrian

Post by samebrian » 10 Sep 2004 14:24

speakEz wrote: Listen here you stright edge christ core mother fucker! Do you know how many people per fucking day sufferd the exact same death? Cruxifiction was the most popular form of execution in those times. Go and quote your fucking horse shit bible frases somewhere else. The new testament is entirely fucking bull shit any ways. If you want some spiritual help go to <a href='http://www.surya.org' target='_blank'>llama surya das's web site</a> and purchase one of his "good books" christiantiy in all forms is the stupidest fucking thing to ever curse the earth!
Okay, so you are telling me that someone who KNOWS FOR A FACT that they did something (even if it's not what they are being crucified for) to deserve death (ie, any sin) dies the same death as a man who has never commited a SINGLE sin in his life.

That's all assuming that everyone else who was crucified was beaten by Roman guards, whipped with a cat o' nine tails, stabbed in the head with thorns, forced to drag an entire cross up calvalry hill, beaten by Jews on the way up, crucified and finally stabbed with a spear.

No wait, you're right....everyone died the exact same death as Jesus. Thank you for your helpful insight.

And by the way, while you may consider the New Testament "bullshit", it does show exactly what happened to Jesus, and therefore all the things I mentioned in the second paragraph ring true, regardless of whether or not you believe in God and/or Jesus.

*Edit* If you want people to take what you say more seriously, you should learn things like 'using evidence', 'spelling' and 'not swearing every second word'. I am not trying to say I'm better than you, just that it's hard to take someone seriously when their opening statement is "Listen here you stright (sic) edge christ core mother fucker". That doesn't even really make sense. You might be better off trying "I think you are an idiot and will write a paragraph degrading your beliefs while showing no real evidence for the falsehoods I accuse your Holy Texts of having."
Last edited by samebrian on 10 Sep 2004 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

Revolt

Post by Revolt » 10 Sep 2004 16:51

samebrian wrote: Okay...you're right....everyone died the exact same death as Jesus. Thank you for your helpful insight...
I'm better than you...That doesn't even really make sense.
Wow... I bet you're gonna have tons of fun at this forum. ;)
Last edited by Revolt on 10 Sep 2004 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

Wombat

Post by Wombat » 10 Sep 2004 16:57

samebrian ignore every post from speakEz. He only posts crap. All crap, all the time.

speakEz

Post by speakEz » 11 Sep 2004 11:14

samebrian wrote: beaten by Jews on the way up
Ok now you have really proved your self a complete moron. Jesus was a fucking jew. And just so you know if jesus did know that you fuckers made a religion after him he would would be seriously pissed off. Soooooooo fuck you. Please go drink so poisin kool aid and save me the trouble of stabing, whipping, getting "jews" to beat you, and then finaly cruixifing you. But no crown of thornes for you becuase your a fuckin' bitch!

Christains=Nazis
DEATH TO ALL FUCKING NAZIS :veryangry:
Last edited by speakEz on 11 Sep 2004 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

samebrian

Post by samebrian » 11 Sep 2004 14:41

speakEz wrote:
samebrian wrote: beaten by Jews on the way up
Ok now you have really proved your self a complete moron. Jesus was a fucking jew. And just so you know if jesus did know that you fuckers made a religion after him he would would be seriously pissed off. Soooooooo fuck you. Please go drink so poisin kool aid and save me the trouble of stabing, whipping, getting "jews" to beat you, and then finaly cruixifing you. But no crown of thornes for you becuase your a fuckin' bitch!

Christains=Nazis
DEATH TO ALL FUCKING NAZIS :veryangry:
Okay first of all, if a Jew is beaten by fellow Jews, he is still beaten by Jews. Your arguement against that doesn't even make sense. Obviously he was a Jew. That doesn't mean that most other Jews hated him.

Secondly, no one has created a religion after him. Christianity is not a religion, Judiasm is. You see, a religion is a belief that, by doing something, you can atone for your sins, while Christians believe that there is nothing they can do to make up for what they have done wrong. They must accept Christ so that he can take their sins away. A relationship with Christ (and now with God, too) is spiritual, not religious.

Anyway, since I'm sure that's not what you meant, Jesus did command that we spread the 'Good News' about him, therefore commanding us to make 'a religion after him', so once again, your arguement holds no ground.

Once again, I don't mean to be rude, but it is extremely annoying to read a paragraph that contains as many spelling/grammatical mistakes as yours. Please read over your posts before you post them so as to avoid confusion and resultant annoyance.

Phife

Post by Phife » 11 Sep 2004 15:07

samebrian wrote: Secondly, no one has created a religion after him. Christianity is not a religion, Judiasm is. You see, a religion is a belief that, by doing something, you can atone for your sins, while Christians believe that there is nothing they can do to make up for what they have done wrong. They must accept Christ so that he can take their sins away. A relationship with Christ (and now with God, too) is spiritual, not religious.
This dichotomy you espouse between religion and spirituality is hogwash. Religion is a social structure in which people revere the supernatural (God, nature, gods, sex, etc) by observing cultic rituals (by cultic I mean religious but since one is not to define a word by using the word being defined I used its synonym, cultic). Every religion has a spiritual side to it...even Judaism you anti-Semitic right-wing fundamentalist!

Try telling the Muslim that prays faithfully many times a day that he/she is not spiritual....

Try telling the Jewish men and women who pray at the Wailing Wall day after day, seeking communion with God that they are not spiritual...

Try telling the Wiccan priestess who spends all night who meditates on the ever-rising goddess in an incense filled room that she is not spiritual...

And since you are obviously a tract-slinging, ultraconservative Protestant, try telling the Catholic monk that rises at 3:45am to observe the first of his seven prayer times that day in the desert of New Mexico that he is not spiritual...

Christianity (of which I am a part) is a religion...you may think that it is the correct God-ordained religion and that's ok. Everyone, ultimately, thinks his or her religion is right. But don't denigrate others’ religions by claiming that they are not spiritual. That is purely unintelligent. As you said..."A relationship with Christ (and now with God, too) is spiritual..." All the people I mentioned above clearly have a relationship with their God and by your own definition are spiritual and by the normal definition of religious they are all also religious.

You make me sad to call myself a human being, not a Christian! Its people like you that screw it up for the rest of us. Thanks a lot overzealous moron!

samebrian

Post by samebrian » 12 Sep 2004 04:31

I never said that religions could not be spiritual. I stated that religions hold a belief that there is something you must 'do' in order to recieve salvation/reincarnate. In Judiasm, you must sacrifice an animal in order to atone for your sins. Even in many Christian sects, there are problems with this. Jehovah's Witnisses believe that they must earn their way into heaven. While it does in the NT that Christians should evangelize, nowhere does it say that you should earn your salvation. You should simply, out of your love for God, want to do things in His name. People who accept Christ (which I won't get into an arguement about that being something you have to 'do' to recieve salvation. It is different) and simply live a repented live, while never really 'doing' anything, still go to heaven, they are just obviously lazy/scared people.

This will be my last post in this topic, as I have been warned by Wombat to watch myself, so I would rather leave this conversation unfinished than risk getting banned.

dawolfman

Post by dawolfman » 15 Sep 2004 03:39

subtleconfused wrote: I do not like "The Passion of the Christ". I believe it is one of the most horrible movies out there. Do people really believe it is a good movie because they get to see Jesus tortured to death? Though the movie was supposed to make people believe in Christ (at least that's what i think), it's really not good (morally). The entire time I watched it, I was thinking, "oh my god, you fucking sicko, mel, how the fuck can you make this movie?" It's just so horrendous.

*Most likely I will be severly burned for saying this, but I don't care. I just wonder who else doesn't like the movie for the reasons I stated.
If someone were to read the BIBLE they would see that Mel Gibson did not have to make up this movie, the "SCRIPT" for this movie was written long ago, also as for WHY someone would make a movie like this, well i believe that it was made to bring the message to the people since society today wont allow the message to be shared anywhere public anymore, you hear more and more about seperating religion from everyday life, when the original message, from the Good Book, was to Include god in every part of your life, people fall short, therefore Jesus was tortured so you would not have to be when you die.

kvl

Post by kvl » 18 Sep 2004 22:51

I saw the movie and was underwhelmed by the whole thing. Not a great movie by any means, though the cinemtography was amazing. That guy will get an oscar most likely, but the movie was lame.