Movies you should check out

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Justin

Post by Justin » 07 Sep 2004 15:02

---------------<i>
To: webmaster@psykotik.zzn.com
Subject: posting IM logs
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

that's so uncool that you posted i.m. logs with people's screen names
and how the hell do you expect to attract girls to date you when the opening pages of your site features the photos of lots of girls?
--------------</i>

Pfffft. I post screen names ALL the time. And guess what, i post e-mails too. Also, i didn't realize that i was supposed to be attracting girls with my website. Who the hell does that anyway. Attracting girls with a website. Only <A HREF="http://www.xsunderground.com/thechilde/" target="_blank">a complete loser</a> would do that!

ps: to any girls reading this, hit me up at my e-mail address if you wanna hook up. kthnx.

Any of you seen Go? It's pretty old now. Came out in 1999. Sarah Polley, Katie Holmes, Jay Mohr, Scott Wolf and a whole bunch of other pretty cool actors. I picked it up on DVD a coupla days ago. Only 5.99. Cheap as fuck. Anyhow, check it out if haven't already. It's from the guy who did Swingers (that movie is so money) and The Bourne Identity. I hadn't Go in years (the last time was probably when it first came out) and i didn't remember it being as funny as it was. It actually had me laughing out loud at certain points. Good stuff. It's one of those movies that got pretty good reviews but practically nobody ever saw. If you like Pulp Fiction (and who doesn't), you'll probably like Go. Heck, there's even a quote on the back of the DVD package that says "A razor-sharp dark comedy... son of 'pulp fiction.'"

Katie Holme still looked pretty good back then. I just recently saw posters of her and her new movie, <A HREF="http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/first_daughter/" target="_blank">First Daughter</a>, hung up all over the place at the mall and she looked... kinda... retarded? I dunno. Maybe it's just me. Actually, go have a <A HREF="http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/first_daughter/" target="_blank">look here</A>. What do you think? She used to be so much hotter back in the day. Now she's just broken and she's <A HREF="/movies/hires/Katie_Holmes_TDAT1.jpg" target="_blank">lost the</a> <A HREF="/movies/hires/Katie_Holmes_TDAT2.jpg" target="_blank">fine boobage</A> that she had from the time she bared them for all to see in The Gift. What happened to you Katie?? I think it's probably from all the weight she's lost.

Speaking of upcoming movies, i was watching TV earlier tonight and i saw a spot for the new <A HREF="http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/cellular/" target="_blank">Cellular</A> movie. I posted about this flick a coupla months back and i'd already planned on seeing it but then after watching the TV spot and catching the fact that David R. Ellis is directing this one (never knew it until i saw his name in the credits), i'm DEFINITELY going to see this opening day. I LOVED Final Destination 2 (that opening crash scene RULED) and this one looks like it's gonna have some awesome vehicular destruction as well (David R. Ellis was also the 2nd unit director that worked on the highway chase scene in The Matrix Reloaded). Can't wait for Friday.

I picked up Flirting With Disaster on DVD a coupla weeks ago. I'd heard about this movie ages ago when it first came out back in 1996 but i never got around to watching it. Anyhow, i picked up the DVD and i was pleasantly surprised to see that it was directed by David O. Russell (he made Spanking The Monkey [one of my favorites] and Three Kings. both EXCELLENT movies). I regret not having seen Flirting With Disaster earlier because it's one hell of a funny movie. It's just so incredibly quirky. Almost insane. I love it. And judging from the looks of his new movie, <A HREF="http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searc ... huckabees/" target="_blank">I &hearts; Huckabees</a>, it looks like another winner (i.e even more insane).

So yeah, those are my recommendations for now. Go, Cellular and I &hearts; Huckabees. Should be some good times.
Last edited by Justin on 04 Dec 2004 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

WP_LeGeNd

Post by WP_LeGeNd » 07 Sep 2004 15:18

hmmm you weren't wrong in the past!

Justin

Post by Justin » 07 Sep 2004 15:22

you'd like Go. it's has drugs in it!!

Wombat

Post by Wombat » 07 Sep 2004 15:23

Justin wrote: Only <A HREF="http://www.xsunderground.com/thechilde/" target="_blank">a complete loser</a> would do that!
Dude! Your are just mean. :cry: :weep:

JaPeX

Post by JaPeX » 07 Sep 2004 15:33

Haha... nice one on the retarded katie holmes... she really does look lost, doesn't she?

Justin

Post by Justin » 07 Sep 2004 15:38

<a href='http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/871 ... oster1.jpg' target='_blank'>seriously</a>. what is that?!?!

JaPeX

Post by JaPeX » 07 Sep 2004 15:42

She is cute enough in the actual trailer though - not nearly looking as dimbwitted... the movie, however, promises to be the worst p.o.s. in recent memory.

Justin

Post by Justin » 07 Sep 2004 15:46

halfway through you see her in a bikini. with broken boobies =(

Wombat

Post by Wombat » 07 Sep 2004 15:57

That movie is gonna suck even on free tv.

lswalker

Post by lswalker » 07 Sep 2004 19:49

Is it just me or does that first link contain a virus, the complete loser, one?

devnull

Post by devnull » 07 Sep 2004 20:27

lswalker wrote:Is it just me or does that first link contain a virus, the complete loser, one?
This is why you should not use IE, or at least upgrade to SP2 in XP.

régi

Post by régi » 07 Sep 2004 22:17

yeah, Sarah Polley is hot. And she's Canadian too. If you liked Go, then you should also like Exotica, one of her earlier films. The Sweet Hereafter is also pretty good. Both were directed by Canadian Atom Egoyan.

JaPeX

Post by JaPeX » 07 Sep 2004 22:45

Another nice sarah polley flic is Dawn of the Dead 2004 - i got a lot more than i expected ... i thought i was going in to see the worst movie of the year. :)

She's hot too.

Mr. Buttfister

Post by Mr. Buttfister » 08 Sep 2004 00:33

yes... "GO!" is an awesome movie (DRUGS!!!) even without the drugs. In that poster katie holmes looks like she either has bell's palsy or a mild case of down's syndrome. I can't remember if you posted about this before because of the drugs, but another awesome movie is "City of God"

An awesome album to listen to is Inspectah Deck's "Uncontrolled Substance"... and no, it's not all about drugs...

[drugs]

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 08 Sep 2004 01:37

Atom Agoyan is a douchebag. Exotica was great but after that he has let everyone down. Ararat was God fucking awful.
David ORussell is a VERY nice guy. I Heart Huckabees made me laugh pretty hard several times but it's still not Bad Santa.
Go was half decent. I enjoyed it for what it was but I wouldn't say go search it out.

Everyone should see The Beast (the late 80's one if u look on imdb) and To Live and Die in LA. Check out Nowhere as well. Greg Araki's new movie apparently kicked some ass at the Venice film fest.

Sarah Polly is a snaggle toothed left wing cry baby. Hot she is not.

<a href='http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/1089685/ ... %20Vanessa' target='_blank'>This chick</a> has a legendary ass.