Fable

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Purge

Post by Purge » 15 Sep 2004 16:30

keno wrote: Fuck all the Xbox exclusive shit these days. Why can't they make a decent RPG for PC ?  :angry:  That game sounds kick ass, but I'm not a console player.
<a href='http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml' target='_blank'>http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml</a>

You know, just in case you missed that memo about the greatest RPG ever to grace a PC.

the_lone_bard

Post by the_lone_bard » 15 Sep 2004 18:42

Imagine your rank if you got a girlfriend.

terencelee

Post by terencelee » 15 Sep 2004 20:04

the game Fable sounds cool. I wonder if it's out in my country yet, the country of piracy.. heheh

keno

Post by keno » 15 Sep 2004 23:45

Purge wrote:
keno wrote: Fuck all the Xbox exclusive shit these days. Why can't they make a decent RPG for PC ?&nbsp; :angry:&nbsp; That game sounds kick ass, but I'm not a console player.
<a href='http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml' target='_blank'>http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml</a>

You know, just in case you missed that memo about the greatest RPG ever to grace a PC.
Yes I do know of FF11. The thing that sux is this: FF11 is an online game. My current connection is 56k but since I live in the shitty midwest, I have a weak phoneline that will only connect at about 26.4 kbps. That rules out all online games for me :( I wish they'd bring me a nice offline RPG.

differ

Post by differ » 16 Sep 2004 00:55

Mr. Buttfister

Post by Mr. Buttfister » 16 Sep 2004 03:58

i just watched the fable video review on ign... meh...

not an rpg fan i guess

back to burnout.. SMASHY SMASHY!!!

the_lone_bard

Post by the_lone_bard » 16 Sep 2004 04:02

Stupid fucking newbie, someone should rip your vagina out.

His manager later admited Avril and Deryck knew the paperazi were following them so they bullshited an engagement

BradFoSho

Post by BradFoSho » 16 Sep 2004 04:51

keno wrote:
Purge wrote:
keno wrote: Fuck all the Xbox exclusive shit these days. Why can't they make a decent RPG for PC ?  :angry:  That game sounds kick ass, but I'm not a console player.

Yes I do know of FF11. The thing that sux is this: FF11 is an online game. My current connection is 56k but since I live in the shitty midwest, I have a weak phoneline that will only connect at about 26.4 kbps. That rules out all online games for me :( I wish they'd bring me a nice offline RPG.
Marrowind is the game for you then.

keykenny

Post by keykenny » 16 Sep 2004 05:15

I hate you XBOX whores! Give us PS2 owners another RPG game! GTA is not enough damnit! And this game looks so good! Oh well since I can't have it I should work on my bashing of the game. Pffft this game sucks ass, GTA 4 teh WIN! Fable is teh sux! I win!!!!!!!!!

obscuro

Post by obscuro » 16 Sep 2004 05:42

keno wrote:Yes I do know of FF11. The thing that sux is this: FF11 is an online game. My current connection is 56k but since I live in the shitty midwest, I have a weak phoneline that will only connect at about 26.4 kbps. That rules out all online games for me&nbsp; :(&nbsp; I wish they'd bring me a nice offline RPG.
Two good recent RPGs are out for GameCube. Tales of Symphonia is a good story RPG and has a fun realtime, "slash-and-go" battle system. It has plenty of sidequests, puzzles and things to collect if you're into that. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is good if you like FF or the old Secret of Mana style action RPGs. Not much story but the production values are great and it's fun to play though a little on the easy side.

<a href='http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/disgaea ... ?q=Disgaea' target='_blank'>Disgaea</a> is a good strategy RPG for PS2 if you like games like FF:Tactics. Dark Cloud (and its sequel), Baldur's Gate (and its sequel), and Shadow Hearts are some other good PS2 RPGs. <a href='http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/shinmeg ... 96448.html' target='_blank'>Nocturne</a> looks good but isn't out yet.

Hope these give you some suggestions. I know I get frustrated all the time by lack of good RPGs and find myself going back to the oldies-but-goodies.

Z7Z1Z0

Post by Z7Z1Z0 » 16 Sep 2004 06:09

keykenny wrote: I hate you XBOX whores!&nbsp; Give us PS2 owners another RPG game!&nbsp; GTA is not enough damnit! And this game looks so good!&nbsp; Oh well since I can't have it I should work on my bashing of the game.&nbsp; Pffft this game sucks ass, GTA 4 teh WIN!&nbsp; Fable is teh sux!&nbsp; I win!!!!!!!!!
First of all, GTA is not an RPG. Second, Fable is only good because of Peter Molyneux, who also made Black and White, which is a fucking kick ass game. Third, there is no GTA 4, if you are refering to the latest GTA which comes out in October, GTA: San Andreas, you would be incorrect as well as this would be the fifth game in the Grand Theft Auto series. If there was a GTA 4, it would most likely be GTA: Vice City. Fourth, you lose.

keykenny

Post by keykenny » 16 Sep 2004 06:48

Z7Z1Z0 wrote:
keykenny wrote: I hate you XBOX whores!  Give us PS2 owners another RPG game!  GTA is not enough damnit! And this game looks so good!  Oh well since I can't have it I should work on my bashing of the game.  Pffft this game sucks ass, GTA 4 teh WIN!  Fable is teh sux!  I win!!!!!!!!!
First of all, GTA is not an RPG. Second, Fable is only good because of Peter Molyneux, who also made Black and White, which is a fucking kick ass game. Third, there is no GTA 4, if you are refering to the latest GTA which comes out in October, GTA: San Andreas, you would be incorrect as well as this would be the fifth game in the Grand Theft Auto series. If there was a GTA 4, it would most likely be GTA: Vice City. Fourth, you lose.
Actually I was saying GTA 4 teh win, as in FOR the WIN, I was acting like l33t d00d or what ever it was. So if you would please feel free to unwad your panties, and relax a bit, to get that worked up over THINKING someone said GTA 4 is pretty outrageous. Trying my best to not bad mouth you because I simply would rather be a nice guy, than an ass hole. *cough* *cough*

EDIT: I thought you were going to try to "not piss people off" or create waves, you did both, from your words "YOU LOSE". Sorry had to get put some attitude into that.
Last edited by keykenny on 16 Sep 2004 06:55, edited 1 time in total.

obscuro

Post by obscuro » 16 Sep 2004 06:50

First of all, GTA is not an RPG. Second, Fable is only good because of Peter Molyneux, who also made Black and White, which is a fucking kick ass game.
Actually, GTA is an RPG in a loose way, like The Legend of Zelda. Here are several RPG traits GTA 3 has:
1) you play the role of a character who doesn't speak and you choose to an extent his personality. ie. should I obey traffic laws or not? should I practice random violence or not?

2)you collect stuff. see pokemon and countless other RPGs.

3) the new GTA will have more character attributes you can build and shape, but even in GTA3 your endurance can increase/decrease based on how often you jog instead of driving the car.

4) there are multiple ways to accomplish objectives, again, role-playing is all about making choices.
Third, there is no GTA 4, if you are refering to the latest GTA which comes out in October, GTA: San Andreas, you would be incorrect as well as this would be the fifth game in the Grand Theft Auto series. If there was a GTA 4, it would most likely be GTA: Vice City. Fourth, you lose.
actually, which ever game is considered the next-gen GTA will prolly be called GTA4. Both GTA1 and GTA1 had scenario packs ie 1960's London that didn't receive new names. While the scale of GTA3's sequels are much bigger than scenario packs, they still follow the same basic formula and have the same engine. At some point, at least based on their historical naming process, there will be a GTA4.
Last edited by obscuro on 16 Sep 2004 06:51, edited 1 time in total.

Sunday BBQ

Post by Sunday BBQ » 16 Sep 2004 07:05

Got any screen shots to show us?

differ

Post by differ » 16 Sep 2004 08:20

the_lone_bard wrote:
Stupid fucking newbie, someone should rip your vagina out.

His manager later admited Avril and Deryck knew the paperazi were following them so they bullshited an engagement
we'll see...