Fable

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
twitch

Post by twitch » 16 Sep 2004 11:06

For those of you looking for a kick-ass RPG for the PS2, I have been playing Star Ocean: Til the End of Time and am quite impressed. Any RPG that has a chick inviting you to her hotel room after telling you she is "really dry" within the first 10 minutes of the game has to reek of awesomeness, right?

Z7Z1Z0

Post by Z7Z1Z0 » 16 Sep 2004 13:40

obscuro wrote:
First of all, GTA is not an RPG. Second, Fable is only good because of Peter Molyneux, who also made Black and White, which is a fucking kick ass game.
Actually, GTA is an RPG in a loose way, like The Legend of Zelda. Here are several RPG traits GTA 3 has:
1) you play the role of a character who doesn't speak and you choose to an extent his personality. ie. should I obey traffic laws or not? should I practice random violence or not?

2)you collect stuff. see pokemon and countless other RPGs.

3) the new GTA will have more character attributes you can build and shape, but even in GTA3 your endurance can increase/decrease based on how often you jog instead of driving the car.

4) there are multiple ways to accomplish objectives, again, role-playing is all about making choices.
Third, there is no GTA 4, if you are refering to the latest GTA which comes out in October, GTA: San Andreas, you would be incorrect as well as this would be the fifth game in the Grand Theft Auto series. If there was a GTA 4, it would most likely be GTA: Vice City. Fourth, you lose.
actually, which ever game is considered the next-gen GTA will prolly be called GTA4. Both GTA1 and GTA1 had scenario packs ie 1960's London that didn't receive new names. While the scale of GTA3's sequels are much bigger than scenario packs, they still follow the same basic formula and have the same engine. At some point, at least based on their historical naming process, there will be a GTA4.

Doesn't look like it says RPG to me.

the_lone_bard

Post by the_lone_bard » 16 Sep 2004 18:24

GTA is an action driving game. If you could manage your "stats" somehow then maybe you could call it an RPG. But getting extra running time and endurance because you completed a mission doesnt make it a RPG thats silly.

When after every mission that I complete sucsessfully I get a "point" to put into "Strength" or "Agility" or "Intelligence" or choose a skill like "butter churning" thats an RPG.

quilens

Post by quilens » 16 Sep 2004 20:02

who gives a toss whether GTA is a role playing game or not.

i'm more worried if justin will commit sucide if avril is really engaged.

or maybe go on a murder spree first

"multiple homicide/sucide" is always the best way to go.

devnull

Post by devnull » 16 Sep 2004 20:18

quilens wrote:i'm more worried if justin will commit sucide if avril is really engaged.

or maybe go on a murder spree first

"multiple homicide/sucide" is always the best way to go.
Shut up about that Avril thing, already! That is so <a href='http:///board/index.php?showtopic=2825' target='_blank'>over</a>!

Edit: And why 52 posts but noone in newbie intro?
Last edited by devnull on 16 Sep 2004 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 17 Sep 2004 00:04

<span style='color:#005699'>OMG so gay!!! Fucking Ivan! I was there tuesday morning thirty minutes before the mall opened. I get to EB he said they didn't have it yet and they probably wouldnt get it till 6:00 when heir new game shipment came. I said fine and went to every other store in the city that sold games. None of them had it yet. So I went home, we packed the house, and watched the news/weather. I couldn't wait anymore so I went to the mall at 4 and I get there and They have it all boarded up. NOOOOOO!!!! I got over that and figured wherever we went they would sell video games. We left the house to head to texas at 9:50 then we hit the traffic and it takes 2 hours to get to ponchatoula a little hole in the wall town where my uncle lives. We were going to stay the night with them and leave early in the morning when the traffic died. We didnt leave. So at 10 I began driving all over. Their mall closed at 2 on tuesday, and would not open again till friday. I went to blockbuster accross the street. No, they didnt have it either. I drove into the next city looking for more stores. I went to Super Walmart, and they also didn't have it. I saw another blockbuster so I decided to try it also since it was another city. No they didnt either. And I asked if there was anywhere I could buy games aroun here. He said no not really. And I asked where the nearest bestbuy was. "in baton rouge" 30 miles away in the worst traffic ever no thanks. They probably closed too. So I went to sleep and drove home this morning where none of the stores are open and most likely wont until tomorrow. All this for what!?! 30mph winds!!! :superangry: :fuckyou: :veryangry: :fuckyou: :superangry: Fuck you Ivan! You could have at least had the decency to hit us and cause some damage. Now no fable till tomorrow and so I sit and weep :weep: </span>

Supher

Post by Supher » 17 Sep 2004 01:01

I'm having fun being an evil son of a bitch right now.

I think the very first thing I did was punch my dad :D the evilness of my character evolves from there.

its sooo much more fun playing games like this.

d00kee

Post by d00kee » 17 Sep 2004 02:02

I picked mine up on Tuesday. I thin kI am at the end, fighting with Jack to save the Guild from burning but that fucker killed me, first time in the game I had died. I haven't played since because im still pissed :)

jaredhump@gmail.com

NateWave

Post by NateWave » 17 Sep 2004 05:56

I have no clue how to post this anywhere important... and its off topic... but everyone should know--- Avril is supposedly engaged.... to that tool, the lead singer of SUM 41

Jonstafa

Post by Jonstafa » 17 Sep 2004 06:26

NateWave wrote: I have no clue how to post this anywhere important... and its off topic... but everyone should know--- Avril is supposedly engaged.... to that tool, the lead singer of SUM 41
I'm really hoping that you read the comments and this is just supposed to be a joke. I'm clinging to the smallest little strand of hope.

I'm guessing by this being your first post, it was meant to be sincere and you are a retard. But still holding on to that hope! :wicked:

scotty

Post by scotty » 17 Sep 2004 09:10

keykenny wrote: I hate you XBOX whores!&nbsp; Give us PS2 owners another RPG game!&nbsp; GTA is not enough damnit! And this game looks so good!&nbsp; Oh well since I can't have it I should work on my bashing of the game.&nbsp; Pffft this game sucks ass, GTA 4 teh WIN!&nbsp; Fable is teh sux!&nbsp; I win!!!!!!!!!
you've got the "never-ending" Fantasy game for wanking material , so STFU you PS2 whore!

and btw, Molyneux's game R0x0r, so sue me. :rolleyes:

NateWave

Post by NateWave » 17 Sep 2004 10:16

no, i don't read most of the comments... and yes, i am a retard... and no, there is no hope

Purge

Post by Purge » 18 Sep 2004 04:22

NateWave wrote: no, i don't read most of the comments... and yes, i am a retard... and no, there is no hope
QUALITY!

Ah well, we all lose for having read your comment and now you lose for being a waste of life.

~sigh~ the viciousness of the cycle.

Justin I hate you for having Fable. :veryangry:

kvl

Post by kvl » 18 Sep 2004 23:07

one of my housmates got Fable, (i don't have an x-box. Boo-urns to that) and i have been playing it almost non stop. Its fucking sweet. And once you learn the secret to stealing shit, you can become so fucking powerfull, and keep the cash.

i can't wait for it to come out on PC.

Red_Dwarf

Post by Red_Dwarf » 19 Sep 2004 01:26

FABLE

I thought that I'll be able to play the game as a child. I was wrong. I thoght that the choice between good & evil would be easy. I was wrong. I thought that I'll be able to save the game at any moment. I was wrong. I thought that the game would be great! I was wrong.

The game is just good.