The Grudge

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Justin

Post by Justin » 28 Sep 2004 19:33

Stupid. I can't believe how some people can actually say that Ringu is better than The Ring. Ringu fucking sucks. It's as scary as <A HREF="/board/index.php?showuser=4">this guy</a> (which isn't very much).

Ringu wasn't scary. The remake is probably 10 times more scarier and it probably would've been that much scarier for me if i hadn't seen the shitty original first.

So i'm reading about The Grudge and i see all these people going on about how it'll suck because it's a remake and how it's too slick to be scary blah blah blah. Fuck you. I've seen the original Ju-On and it sucked balls. There was nothing really scary about it and it was boring as hell. Not as boring as Phone (stupid Korean horror flick which i didn't even finish watching because it sucked harder than Ju-On) but boring and not very scary nonetheless. But fuck Phone. I'm looking forward to the Ju-On remake. I really don't see why people are bitching about it. It's not like some other director is remaking it. It's the same guy who did the Japanese original. Plus Sam Raimi is producing. And it's got a bigger budget so hopefully they'll fix the shitty makeup effects on that little kid this time (the terrible makeup in the original totally took me out of the movie).

The Ring > Ringu
TTCM '03 > TTCM '74
The Grudge > Ju-On

Oh and if you didn't already know, they're remaking The Amityville Horror. Michael Bay is producing so expect it to be as good as the TCM remake.

Remakes aside, i'm going to predict that a lot of people are going to be all like, OMG THE GRUDGE IS SOOOO SCARY!!!!! SCARIER THAN THE RING!!!! And if it is, then good! Nothing like a good scary movie. But i can just imagine how some people are just gonna be like, SOOOO freaked out by the images they'll see in The Grudge because they've never seen this kind of horror before.

Western horror just doesn't compare to Asian horror. But most of you probably already know that if you're into import DVDs and/or have seen The Ring.

Makes me wish i was still with that stupid ass ex-girlfriend of mine who thought The Ring was the scariest thing ever. So scary that even the mere mention of the movie to put her to tears. Honest to goodness. It has happened. Stupid bitch. She'd probably die if i made her watch The Grudge. Which is undoubtedly going to be a lot scarier and better than the original. Moreso than The Ring was.

Goddamn what a pussy. In fact, all of you are pussies. I posted about it once. <A HREF="/archives/1106">PUSSIES</A>!

By the way, i love the little easter egg on the Ring DVD where you can watch the 'tape' in it's entirety. The best thing about it is that it disables the remote control functions so you can't stop the 'tape' even if you wanted to. I should've tricked my ex into activating that easter egg. Then she would've been like OMGOMOGMOMGOMG WHY WON'T IT STOP?!??! AAHHHHH!!! *CRY*

Stupid cunt.

That being said, check out the <A HREF="http://doyouhaveagrudge.com" target="_blank">official website for The Grudge</A> if you haven't already. Pretty creepy. Especially with the sound up and the lights off.

The Japanese are <A HREF="http://howtofoldashirt.net/" target="_blank">geniuses</A>.
Last edited by Justin on 04 Dec 2004 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

zip

Post by zip » 28 Sep 2004 19:36

First?

J-Mah

Post by J-Mah » 28 Sep 2004 19:56

Justin wrote: It's as scary as <a href='http:///board/index.php?showuser=4' target='_blank'>this guy.</a> (which isn't very much).
It can't be more scarier then <a href='http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs4/i/2004/26 ... tabyte.jpg' target='_blank'>purge's</a> picture.
Last edited by J-Mah on 28 Sep 2004 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

Dex

Post by Dex » 28 Sep 2004 23:33

Someone should do a RE-MAKE of JSD.

He sucks almost as much balls as Ju-On :omfg:

stacia

Post by stacia » 28 Sep 2004 23:58

You said "stupid korean" and you're mean about girls who are scared...

I hate you, justin. No love for you.

kvl

Post by kvl » 29 Sep 2004 00:05

I tried watching the original Ringu shortly before the ring came out in theatres, but i had to stop watching it because i got bored ith it. It wasn't scarey. Bride of Chucky had more scares than it did, and BoC was a borderline comedy movie.

The grudge looks decent, so i may go see it. I have to wait for reviews to start surfacing to hear if it is half as good as it looks.

smittenboy

Post by smittenboy » 29 Sep 2004 00:32

i think it'll kick ass.it's the same director but he has an american-sized budget and he's changing it up a bit.Plus Sam Raimi's overseeing it so it won't suck.

Sampson

Post by Sampson » 29 Sep 2004 01:51

I think it looks like it will be good. I messed around in the site for a bit, it was interesting. Since you say Ju-On sucks balls, I'll refrain from seeing it before The Grudge.

reservrdg8

Post by reservrdg8 » 29 Sep 2004 03:29

Ju-on was miserable. The original Ringu was miserable. The American Ring was more than miserable (I wanted to leave I was so bored). But I think The Grudge has promise. I'm there for that.

EDIT: I did like Ringu 2.
Last edited by reservrdg8 on 29 Sep 2004 03:29, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 29 Sep 2004 03:45

<span style='color:maroon'>I read the books.

That is to say, I read Ring and Spiral.

Translated, obviously.

They're so much not like the movies.</span>

Sampson

Post by Sampson » 29 Sep 2004 04:17

Seriously wrote: <span style='color:maroon'>I read the books.

That is to say, I read Ring and Spiral.

Translated, obviously.

They're so much not like the movies.</span>
Were they better or worse?

Phife

Post by Phife » 29 Sep 2004 04:23

Man that is a kick-ass website for the Grudge...Who knows if the movie will be good or not?

I am a little creeped out by the website actually...I need to be held...*shivers*

popezaphod

Post by popezaphod » 29 Sep 2004 04:51

The Grudge will kick ass because it's directed by the same guy who did Ju-On: The Grudge.

The Ring was a good American version of Ringu. I like both films. They had to change things in The Ring though (like the boy's father not being psychic, that whole bizarre horse thing) to appeal to an American audience. I think the little girl is much creepier in Ringu - maybe because she doesn't talk. In fact, the big climax in Ringu is waaaay scarier and freakier than the same scene in The Ring; the former just looks freaky, while the latter looks like a crappy made-for-TV movie or something.

Japanese horror is much more about suspense and atmosphere than American horror, which is about blood and guts and explaining everything in simple terms so 13-year-olds can understand it. I'm glad I saw Ringu and Ju-On before the American versions.

I also recommend The Eye - a freaky little Hong Kong horror/suspense film that plays like a long episode of "The X-Files".

grey_fox24

Post by grey_fox24 » 29 Sep 2004 07:00

I need to start watching Asian horror movies. I haven't been scared by a Western horror movie since I was 9 years old. I didn't see what the big deal was for the Ring. Yeah, I said it, It wasn't that fucking scary.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » 29 Sep 2004 07:08

The Ring scared me. A lot. That's not saying much though- Frank the Rabbit from Donnie Darko scares me!
I would probably watch The Grudge if I was with other people and had a cushion to squeeze.