Halo 2

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
speakEz

Post by speakEz » 17 Oct 2004 02:43

Cfizzle wrote: The Flood you fucking moron.
haha faggot knows the name of the monsters. what a dumb post to start justin! post more hot chicks!

Smash

Post by Smash » 17 Oct 2004 03:12

speakEz wrote:
haha faggot knows the name of the monsters. what a dumb post to start justin! post more hot chicks!
speakEz,

You are an asshole. Not to mention the fact that the NAME of the monsters was a very big part of the game...anyone who played the game through knew the name.

Wombat

Post by Wombat » 17 Oct 2004 03:16

speakEz wrote:
Is 60% not good enough for you doucheEz???

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 17 Oct 2004 03:26

The flood was very zomby-esque. Call them zombies or not; they still came and ate people and infested themselves inside of bodies. Granted all of this is not exactly 100% zombie; it still conveys the point across enough for someone who doesn’t know the name of the flood.

Genem

Post by Genem » 17 Oct 2004 04:43

Shoot the arms off of the flood, then they will follow you around as canon fodder.

Crackpot Live

Post by Crackpot Live » 17 Oct 2004 04:51

Just played halo2! and its in french! WTF?

quilens

Post by quilens » 17 Oct 2004 07:42

Pirated version of Halo 2 widely available online

Microsoft's biggest Xbox release for 2004 has been leaked to the Internet; surfaces on file-sharing sites. Company stands by official November 9 release date.

Late last night, 27 days before its officially scheduled retail release, a complete version of Microsoft's upcoming first-person shooter Halo 2 was leaked to the Internet. The pirated release, a PAL version of the game with French-language dialogue, is currently making its way around various Usenet newsgroups and peer-to-peer networks.

In a statement that Microsoft is sending only to media outlets that request comment, it admits the game "has been posted to various newsgroups and web sites."

While Microsoft says it is "currently investigating the source of this leak with the appropriate authorities," there has been no word on precisely where or how the game originally surfaced at this time, although Microsoft says it is actively tracing the leak. "Microsoft takes the integrity of its intellectual property extremely seriously, and we are aggressively pursuing the source of this illegal act."

It should be noted that players who download the game illegally could face a maximum penalty of $100,000 per instance for copyright violations. "We consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download as theft," the statement continues.

Reaction to the leak from developer Bungie, whose employees have spent most of the past three years developing Halo 2, was understandably more visceral. "We think this really sucks," read a staffer's post on the company's official Web site. "Aside from years of hard work being stolen from us, we've gone to great lengths to ensure that the details of the Halo 2 campaign remain a mystery."

"Microsoft," the post says, "is currently engaged in a full-scale investigation" to come down hard on "those foolish enough to partake in this piracy."

Another message, this one directed at the members of the bungie.net forums, warned of dire, sweeping consequences that would befall any member who posted screens stolen from the leaked game, or hinted that he or she had the game, or knew where to get it. "A link… on the forums will get you banned permanently [from the forums]." Worse, users whose GamerTag user name is listed in their user profile "risk having your Xbox Live account's ability to play Halo 2 crippled…We are NOT kidding around here."

"There's no doubt in my mind that Microsoft has people tracking down whoever was responsible for this," wrote the Bungie-appointed moderator on the forum. "I hope whoever it was thought that leaking the game was worth his job."

Halo 2, which continues the adventures of Master Chief with an all-new single-player adventure, as well as Xbox Live support for Internet-based multiplayer, is scheduled to hit retail shelves on November 9--a date that Microsoft says "remains unaffected."

By Staff -- GameSpot
POSTED: 10/14/04 01:23 AM PST

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 17 Oct 2004 07:53

I dont think any amount of donations you can garner, Justin, will help you out of that. I would probably take this off of the front page, considering the amount of hits you get.

Justin

Post by Justin » 17 Oct 2004 08:15

oh shut up. i dont even have the bootleg version plus my xbox isnt even modded! kekekeke. my PS2 is though. i just got def jam fight for ny in the mail from my mom yesterday. why pay fucking $50 bucks for that when you can get it for $2.50?? kekeke. i was just pulling bubbas leg. and all yours!

but you know what's funny? take a look at the xbox boards on ign (if you've got insider). they're totally censoring threads that even mention the word halo in them. and BANNING people that even talk about the leak! touchy!

i've never seen any game company get so freaked out over piracy before. wasn't GTA:SA leaked too? i dont hear rockstar going after anyone. this almost reminds me of the RIAA going after mp3 downloaders.

oh and all of you shut up about piracy! as if you guys have never listened to an illegally downloaded mp3 before!!!

heineken

Post by heineken » 17 Oct 2004 08:25

Emo :omfg:

Justin

Post by Justin » 17 Oct 2004 08:30

i want to get my xbox modded but then again, isnt xbox dying next year? not point in spending all that money modding this old xbox when the new one is coming out soon-ish. plus i'm afraid i'll fuck up and go on live with the mod on and then getting my xbox banned from live.

:o

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 17 Oct 2004 08:33

Ha Im not against it. And people still talk about it you just have to disguise your request. I think they do it a little less obvious...

When I tried find Halo it I noticed lots of people took it down.
ha maybe they are scared of the
enormous Microsoft. I always thought Microsoft only pursued those who
reaped benefits from piracy. They are going after
everyone who even hints at having it.

come November 9th there will probably be
a very large
number of people banned from playing Halo 2 on line.

I will hopefully be able to

get it somewhat
early from someone who works in
the warehouse in the back.

if I can get a copy or two early enough I may be able
to send one to you before the release date. To obvious huh
?

Justin

Post by Justin » 17 Oct 2004 08:41

i've got one preordered for launch day and another one that'll be coming in the second shipment the next week.

plus i dont have class on november 9th!!! my professor has to go do a shoot for a client or something (he teaching our advanced video production class and he's also has a production company or something).

so i'll be dedicating those 24 hours to playing halo online and bitching about the eventual server crashes on live (you KNOW that'll happen). yep.

here's the sticky thread they have up on the xbox boards at ign:
Due to the impending release of the game there's an ever increading likelyhood of unofficially leaked images, impressions and videos being posted. This is your warning: Anyone who posts such images, videos or impressions will be banned. Regardless of whether or not you obtained the information firsthand, posting such infomation is encouragement of piracy and is strictly not allowed on these boards. Questions asking about where to obtain a pirated copy of the game or implications that people should PM you with leaked information or anything related to pirating the game will be banned. Ban lengths will be determined on a case by case basis.

As always, official reviews, videos, impressions and images from Halo 2 will be allowed. It is up to the sole discression of the moderators and administrators of these forums to determine the distinction. If you have any questions about something, feel free to PM one of us. But in general, do not post any Halo 2 information unless:

• You got it from Bungie.net's main site.
• You got it from IGN.
• You got it from GameSpot.
• You got it from another REPUTABLE gaming site.
• You got it from a REPUTABLE gaming magazine.
• You are not violating any copyrights.

Absolutely NO leaks, scans, or anything of the nature will be tolerated. Let it be very clear. Zero tolerance. If you have even the smallest question as to whether your thread will stand, DO NOT MAKE THE THREAD.

Also be warned that intentionally posting spoilers from the game will be dealt with very harshly. That means don't spoil the events or the ending of the game or you will be banned. Period.

Read the official <a href='http://bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link= ... A67E324180' target='_blank'>Bungie Statement</a> for more details and for information on how you can help.

Read the nice <a href='http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=829516' target='_blank'>Halo 2 Leak FAQ</a> on the bungie.net forums.

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 17 Oct 2004 08:44

Hopefully you have it reserved at EB, they are doing midnight madness.

Edit

900 Posts OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!!1eleven
Last edited by Creepy Bob on 17 Oct 2004 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

Justin

Post by Justin » 17 Oct 2004 08:52

i got one preordered at gamestop (launch day) and babbages (second shipment). we dont have EB over here. not sure if they're having a midnight sale. either way, i'll be getting it on the 9th for sure.