Internet...s?

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
rho

Post by rho » 17 Oct 2004 20:42

JordanSnowSucks wrote:
yhgldude wrote: internet

<networking> (Note: capital "I"). The Internet is the largest
internet (with a small "i") in the world. It is a three
level hierarchy composed of backbone networks, mid-level
networks, and stub networks. These include commercial
(.com or .co), university (.ac or .edu) and other research
networks (.org, .net) and military (.mil) networks and span
many different physical networks around the world with various
protocols, chiefly the Internet Protocol.

<a href='http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=internet&r=67' target='_blank'>http://dictionary.reference.com/search? ... et&r=67</a>

Bush knows that there are other internets do you?

Bush Rocks!!! Kerry is Scary!!!
Haha. I like you. You're cool.

Rho, you're a dumbass. We HAVE been living with Bush for four years, and the apocalypse hasnt happened yet. Where the hell have you been. Thats all im gonna say about this, sorry to break into front page posts and attack, Justin.
yes, i know he has been president for the last four years, however if you had thought one in that hair trigger wit of yours you would realize i made that comment out of the current state of affairs in the world,, not that kerry would be better, but if elected he would be stop-gap to any more questionable laws being passed as quickly as they have been with the republicans in control of all the branches of the government.

and i didnt say the apocolypse was going to happen, i just said it would suck,, worse than it does now, or have you been paying attention for the past four years.

now, so as not to thread jack, i believe bush did use "internets" correctly, but i doubt it was him actually doing it,, you just know that his speech writers have got to be close to hurling themselves off of a cliff.

and jordansnowsucks,, chill the fuck out, jesus man its what the internets are for, spreading rumors, downloading pron and bitching about everything under the sun without fear of the consequences that come with actual human to human interaction... man, you actually sound like its all supposed to "mean" something...
Last edited by rho on 17 Oct 2004 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

Serra

Post by Serra » 18 Oct 2004 01:45

Sounded to me like he was saying "the internets" as in "the internet blogs". How would you exactly say that so it comes out smooth? "On sites on the Internet."? That just doesn't flow. Sounds like a speech writer just wanted to use short hand to get the message across and chose a crappy way to do it.

Justin

Post by Justin » 18 Oct 2004 06:37

i heard on the internets that bush was being fed lines through the hump on his back!

Father Ted

Post by Father Ted » 18 Oct 2004 07:39

Justin wrote: i heard on the internets that bush was being fed lines through the hump on his back!
I heard he was actually transmoglified directly to the internets via ganglepins in his back

sheepdog

Post by sheepdog » 18 Oct 2004 07:58

Justin wrote: i heard on the internets that bush was being fed lines through the hump on his back!
Yay! Justin saying it gives it more credibility.

Just remember who brought it to you <a href='http:///board/index.php?showtopic=3453&view=findpost&p=69807' target='_blank'>first.</a>
Last edited by sheepdog on 18 Oct 2004 08:00, edited 1 time in total.

lswalker

Post by lswalker » 18 Oct 2004 12:15

Didn't Al Gore invent the internets?!?

sevenseat

Post by sevenseat » 18 Oct 2004 21:47

Latest internets rumor <------ Justin loves the cock.

PatrioticMarine

Post by PatrioticMarine » 26 Oct 2004 05:26

Well, being a US Marine I cannot really comment specifically because Bush the "Commander in Chief"...I do not have as much confidence in him as I would like though (to say the least) and the clip did make me chuckle and shake my head a bit.