Spider-Man...... India???????

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
WP_LeGeNd

Post by WP_LeGeNd » 22 Jun 2004 22:36

sarah wrote: and i am NOT a 'stupid fucking newbie'!!!!!!!!! i've been here more than a year!!!!
that's very newbie IMO...

Harrison

Post by Harrison » 22 Jun 2004 22:40

Talk about marketing to a specific audience.

What's sad is that it'll sell. Not only that, but because the timing coincides with the movie's release, it'll sell well. I just hope it doesn't sell too well, because if comic companies start making culture-specific versions of all the super heros, I'mma be pissed. Just imagine it. The Jewish League of America. Iran Man. The Guido Lantern.

Oh, the horror.

BabyEaterMmm

Post by BabyEaterMmm » 22 Jun 2004 22:54

Umgawa wrote: And in every issue, Spider-Man will no doubt save several sacred cows from the Indian version of Green Goblin, who will look almost identical to Ronald McDonald.
I am sitting in class and I came acorss this and laughed out loud. My prof just glared at me like "why the hell are you laughing?" I think we could proposition Marvel about this, we just need to think of a more detailed story.

Like Goblin's hideout would be an exact replica of Evil Corporate America's McDonald's HQ...or something a little less lame. I don't have the time to think of something real good, gotta get back to work.

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 22 Jun 2004 23:01

Indians hate any kind of Western shit. This crap's gonna tank hard.

thecrow4life

Post by thecrow4life » 22 Jun 2004 23:35

Indians hate Western shit? That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard. I was in India in Feb of 2003 and everything is Westernized. There's a McDonalds on every corner. The clothing is all westernized. The movie theaters are set up like ones here (except you get assigned seats which is kind of nice). Hell I watched the last Bond film there as well as The Hot Chick. Believe me, Indians love all things American, except their politics.

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 22 Jun 2004 23:53

thecrow4life wrote: Indians hate Western shit?  That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard.  I was in India in Feb of 2003 and everything is Westernized.  There's a McDonalds on every corner.  The clothing is all westernized.  The movie theaters are set up like ones here (except you get assigned seats which is kind of nice).  Hell I watched the last Bond film there as well as The Hot Chick.  Believe me, Indians love all things American, except their politics.
Wow. Really? Great. Wonderful. Glad to hear it.

Get your fucking ass to newbie introductions. Who the fuck do you think you are? First post Jesus? Get a fucking move on before I have to get my knife out.

jareth

Post by jareth » 22 Jun 2004 23:59

why did they have to do this to spiderman? why couldnt they have picked superman or batman? i'd pay to see an indian batman!

AtraTraceur

Post by AtraTraceur » 23 Jun 2004 00:13

As long as they make it believable then it should work their background on the character seems solid and plus the guy looks kind of cool...

thecrow4life

Post by thecrow4life » 23 Jun 2004 01:14

UncleMao wrote:

Get your fucking ass to newbie introductions. Who the fuck do you think you are? First post Jesus? Get a fucking move on before I have to get my knife out.
Ha ha, that's your response? Can't actually discuss the topic at hand so you attack me? You're rather worthless...

Back to the actual point... the fact is, most popular comic book characters are american creations. but in countries like india or china, there are over a billion people looking for heroes of their own. so yeah, an indian spider-man will do well, but i think this is probably just a stepping stone to these countries trying to create their own superheroes...

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 23 Jun 2004 01:21

thecrow4life wrote:
UncleMao wrote:

Ha ha, that's your response? Can't actually discuss the topic at hand so you attack me? You're rather worthless...

Back to the actual point... the fact is, most popular comic book characters are american creations. but in countries like india or china, there are over a billion people looking for heroes of their own. so yeah, an indian spider-man will do well, but i think this is probably just a stepping stone to these countries trying to create their own superheroes...
You little flake of an asswipe,

You live in a little fucking hole where the Indians and Chinese don't have their own myths and fables already. The Mahabaratha and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms have been reprinted many times as comic books, literature and other sources of pop literature in these countries.

Now back to the issue at hand.

You are a useless labial mite, popping out like the nutless cretin that you are, hoping to assimilate in the forum under the radar of hiding in the FPP.

You are less than nothing.

Mike

Post by Mike » 23 Jun 2004 01:26

<span style='color:teal'>PREPOSTEROUS!

...someone had to say it. <_<

The shoes are hilarious. He looks like Aladdin in a Spider Man outfit.</span> :lol:

thecrow4life

Post by thecrow4life » 23 Jun 2004 01:30

UncleMao wrote: You little flake of an asswipe,

You live in a little fucking hole where the Indians and Chinese don't have their own myths and fables already. The Mahabaratha and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms have been reprinted many times as comic books, literature and other sources of pop literature in these countries.

Now back to the issue at hand.

You are a useless labial mite, popping out like the nutless cretin that you are, hoping to assimilate in the forum under the radar of hiding in the FPP.

You are less than nothing.
I'm sorry, but do you not read posts? When did I discuss myths and fables? The Mahabharata (please spell it right next time) isn't a comic book with superheroes. It's an epic tale discussing the true stories of Lord Krishna and Lord Vishnu among others. Last I checked, these guys weren't flying around with masks on. My point was about creating popular superheroes, not comics based on historical texts. That's like saying Jesus could be considered a superhero just because someone decided to make a comic out of the Bible.

I love how people try and make a point but when they can't they resort to name calling. I'm sure you feel like a big man now. Congrats!

ihatepeople

Post by ihatepeople » 23 Jun 2004 01:57

So, if this is supposed to be an Indian Spider-Man, where's his feathered Headdress?

HA!

Ok, even I think that was bad, and I wrote it.

Back onto topic, does anyone here want to hazard a guess for what the original copies of the first 4 will go for on ebay?

I'd like to own them, if for no other reason than because they'll be collector's items.

startrumours

Post by startrumours » 23 Jun 2004 01:58

hahahahahahahahahahHAAHAHAHAHA
ok thats not what i meant, i meant....

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Sliy

Post by Sliy » 23 Jun 2004 02:25

The only reason Gotham Comics is doing this is so we can all see a Bollywood Spiderman, now that is a really money maker.