Oh snap! Another leak!

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Mr_Junky

Post by Mr_Junky » 24 Oct 2004 03:16

i clicked on the girls boobies to many times and it sent me to a sexual harassment website :lol:

Justin

Post by Justin » 24 Oct 2004 03:21

pervert!!

Supher

Post by Supher » 24 Oct 2004 03:34

Actually Halo 2 was first to be leaked. GTASA second, Bard Tales third.

but who's counting? B)

radish01001

Post by radish01001 » 24 Oct 2004 03:37

Well I'm going with the suckyness factor of the first halo, and instinct.
First Halo was so fucking stupid - another case of good story, bad game. I don't see how Halo 2 will be much different. Original Halo was really, not a good game...its claim to fame is that all of the current FPS for console (minus one Goldeneye) are really bad. Multiplayer, which is maybe its only saving grace, isn't as good as people say it is - in fact it's pretty boring.

Half-Life 2 - yes I Know this will be out soon, but I still like to say it'll never be out. (Remember, a YEAR ago now, the game was already supposed to be out)

GTA is tired. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy GTA 3 or Vice City, I'm just saying it's tired. I'm sorry, I don't find doing dirty work for crime lords as much fun as I did 3 years ago - the game is turning into the Sims, where it will spawn a million more games because they rake in so much money. You know what the Sims expansions are too, don't you....probably a sum total of 40 hours of work to add in clowns and furniture and shit. GTA is the same, only instead of new furniture, there's a new city and new weapons.

..and besides, who wants to play these particular games on console (GTA probably looks the same as the previous 2) anyway, they all look like shit. :)

DMBrules

Post by DMBrules » 24 Oct 2004 03:51

DMBrules wrote: Are u getting these games off suprnova? Where do u find them?
somebody? anybody?? :wub: :wub:

radish01001

Post by radish01001 » 24 Oct 2004 03:55

Yeah you could probably get em from bittorrent...

I've seen them on IRC too..

check Packet News?

GTA and Halo are only on console so far..

Mr. Buttfister

Post by Mr. Buttfister » 24 Oct 2004 05:42

indeed the bigger stories would be that halo 2 and gta SA were leaked.

i have steam and HL2 is already preloaded onto my computer i just cant play it till the release date. GTA is NOT going to be the exact same thing, if you read one page of the millions of pages written on it or even just look at screens it's not the same shit.

i just bought one of the new slim ps(two)s a week ago and already they're talking about dropping the price fiddy bux. fuck sony, they own my soul.

Aequitas

Post by Aequitas » 24 Oct 2004 10:51

radish01001 wrote: Half-Life 2 will never be out.
It's already gone gold and will be released November 16th.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 24 Oct 2004 11:25

Are u getting these games off suprnova? Where do u find them?
Torrent sites or DC++ is what I use.
i have steam and HL2 is already preloaded onto my computer i just cant play it till the release date
Thing that pisses me off about steam is the the downloading factor. You preload it but what happens if you need to reinstall steam have you gotta download the whole fuckin game again? If you can't play it until the release date anyway...why not just go down the shops and buy a copy on cd/dvd?

You would think that someone like Luzifer/Emporio (of the cs:s hacked version fame) would be able to release a crack that could unlock HL2 on preloader's machines.

WP_LeGeNd

Post by WP_LeGeNd » 24 Oct 2004 15:33

What's this preloader shit? I never heard of something like that... how does it work?

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 25 Oct 2004 02:57

Well you pay for the game with your credit card months before it comes out, and as the months progress a little more of the game is downloaded onto your machine until its finally fully there.

You cannot play it until it finishes downloading and you cannot play it even when its fully downloaded until the release date of the one in the shops. SO no matter what you still gotto wait....difference is that one way you get a nice shiny dvd/cd the other you don't.

The reason for it? By pre-loading you get benefits like access to the counter-strike source package so you can play the new cs months before anyone else can (when they buy HL2 in the shops they get it free too).

The real reason for it? Valve are currently in a court battle with the publisher Vivendi over some cyber cafe license thing or whatnot. Since Steam is a valve product for every person who buys HL2 over steam they get a shitload of cash and vivendi get nothing....for every person who buys in the shops vivendi take a huge slice from every sale....so you can see why they are trying to big-up Steam..because in the long run they (Valve) get a lot more money if they can dupe people into buying over their system.

No way I am using Steam (a buggy easily hackable pos) to buy a game when I don't even get a cd out of it, just to get CS:source.....I just play the hacked version until HL2 hits the shops and then use the legit copy.

lucifer

Post by lucifer » 25 Oct 2004 17:38

Ho Hum. Another "Paris Hilton Maneuvre".

Seriously, developers, if you (a) can't meet the deadline (B) think it's a lousy game anyway, just put the freaking project out of its misery, rather than pull another publicity stunt by having the source codes "accidentally" stolen ...