Kekekeke

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Justin

Post by Justin » 28 Oct 2004 00:18

From <A HREF="http://news.com.com/Peeping+Tom+filter+ ... 25105.html" target="_blank">news.com</a>:
A developer in Tokyo has created an add-on for Vodafone handsets that's meant to be used as a night filter to let people take pictures with their phones in the dark.

Unfortunately, the night vision camera has an unexpected side effect, according to Japanese developer Yamada Denshi. In the right circumstances, it allows users to see a lot more than they bargained for.

As well as taking snaps in the dark, the Yamada Denshi infrared filter apparently sees through people's clothes.
I'd buy that for a dollar!
Last edited by Justin on 04 Dec 2004 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

NGEddie

Post by NGEddie » 28 Oct 2004 00:20

First post

william

Post by william » 28 Oct 2004 00:27

isn't that the same thing as the Sony Video-cameras with night vision mode? Where if properly set, you could see through clothing too?

Justin

Post by Justin » 28 Oct 2004 00:27

i think so. i remember reading about that a coupla years ago. i want one.

Tora_Torrance

Post by Tora_Torrance » 28 Oct 2004 00:53

I'll wait till 2010 for Oakley to release their x-ray glasses.

Every 10 year old boys dreams.

Gon O Rhea

Post by Gon O Rhea » 28 Oct 2004 01:03

I have a pair of Nike sunglasses and happened to have them on while waiting for an elevator at work. One of the few hot chicks in the office came up and I could basically see through her sweater! Not her bra, mind you. I was so surprised that I took the glasses off to make sure it was them.

Now I carry the glasses around hoping she'll wear that sweater again!
Last edited by Gon O Rhea on 28 Oct 2004 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

RKrispy

Post by RKrispy » 28 Oct 2004 01:06

You know the guy who "discovered" this was taking a picture of his grandma or family and saw things he should have not seen.

That's why he reported it, cause he got sick from the horror he saw. :omfg:

rory

Post by rory » 28 Oct 2004 01:28

Justin wrote: From <A HREF="http://news.com.com/Peeping+Tom+filter+ ... 25105.html" target="_blank">news.com</a>:
A developer in Tokyo has created an add-on for Vodafone handsets that's meant to be used as a night filter to let people take pictures with their phones in the dark.

Unfortunately, the night vision camera has an unexpected side effect, according to Japanese developer Yamada Denshi. In the right circumstances, it allows users to see a lot more than they bargained for.

As well as taking snaps in the dark, the Yamada Denshi infrared filter apparently sees through people's clothes.
I'd buy that for a dollar!
Robocop rules! Whenever I say "I'd buy that for a dollar" nobody gets the reference. I thought mine was the only head in which that stuck.

kvl

Post by kvl » 28 Oct 2004 01:43

There was a camcorder out a few years back that could see through some clothes if nightvision was turned on. I wanted to get one, but i was too young to have any money saved up.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 28 Oct 2004 02:40

X-RAY Vision
See through clothes.

These Goggles can see through some type of materials making it possible to see through clothes that in the same condition cannot be seen by the naked eye.

The theory behind it is simple. Under normal light, the visible and infrared lights can

pass through some type of material covering an object and are reflected by
the object's surface.

The reflected visible light is too strong and saturated to see.

Therefore the covered object surface can not be visible using naked eyes.

However, if the reflected visible light is filtered out and only the reflected infrared and the required light is captured using special made sensitive cameras inside the Goggles, the covered object surface will be visible.

Some materials completely blocks the naked eye from seeing through it.

But with these Goggles , you can see through it.
Taken from <a href='http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/goggles.html' target='_blank'>http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/goggles.html</a>.

The goggles are huge though, no substitute for a little phone camera. They cost like &#036;2400.... :omfg:
Last edited by efilflah on 28 Oct 2004 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

MathGuy
Location: somewhere between the ninth ring of Hell, and seventh Heaven

Post by MathGuy » 28 Oct 2004 03:42

If its anything like the infared feature on my digital camera, yes you can see through some clothes, but its not like superman x-ray vision. The pictures are grainy and the see through phenomenon is only after studying, and looking closely. Nothing you can really beat off to.

Elder Young

Post by Elder Young » 28 Oct 2004 03:43

This will make my "job" easier.

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 28 Oct 2004 04:13

Wait I have two sony cameras. How does one go about doing this? Does the area need to be dark or should it be in normal light. Do I need to do some fine tuning to the infared sensor?

Edit before anyone else says it.

Maybe paris hilton wasnt really having sex. They were just wrestling around in the dark with their clothes on.

Haha I know better than that. Of course he was naked. Xrays only work on girls.
Last edited by Creepy Bob on 28 Oct 2004 04:16, edited 1 time in total.

william

Post by william » 28 Oct 2004 04:46

If im not mistaken, it only works with sony camcorders with the 'night shot' thing and it needs a special filter. Read more <a href='http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/ir.html' target='_blank'>here.</a>

onlyamereshadow

Post by onlyamereshadow » 28 Oct 2004 05:21

william wrote: If im not mistaken, it only works with sony camcorders with the 'night shot' thing and it needs a special filter. Read more <a href='http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/ir.html' target='_blank'>here.</a>
Some cameras needed the filters, others were a result of modding the ir emitter on the camera itself.