Fill in the blank!

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Zaheer

Post by Zaheer » 04 Nov 2004 13:13

JordanSnowSucks wrote:
Zaheer wrote:
JordanSnowSucks wrote: You guys take this waaaaay to seriously. The republicans said the same thing with Bush the first lost to Clinton, and we're all still here. Quit whining, you bunch of pussies.
Jordan we've gone back and forth on this a couple of times in other forums and I ask you one thing? Is your life better or worse off since he's president? You say we (and I assume I am included in this) take this way to seriously.

It took 3 years for me to get my citizenship when on average it takes 7-8 months.
-Education costs have gone up every single year and I go to a public university.
-It's been more and more difficult for me to get student loans for college than it was in 1999.
-My brother works in International banking and has had his corporations assets frozen because he has an arabic name.
-My credit card rates have gone up yet I pay on time.
-Gas is astronomical. 2.15 in miami for regular.
-I fend for myself since my parents live over seas and find that my dollar goes far less than it did 4 years ago.
-I fear that I am almost unemployable because I have an arabic name and Bush has instilled fear in this country.

These are just a few of my beefs. Life has been turned on it's ear in the past years for me and plenty more like me. So sorry if I take it waaaaaay to seriously for your liking. I'm not being an idiot who wants to move to Canada, Puerto Rico or Guam but I do worry. Unfortunately a lot of people get affected. Just because you haven't been one of them don't put down those people who are.
I am sorry that these things have happened to you, Zaheer. I really am. I cant claim that I know how to fix them. I never will. My beef is with people who complain and bitch and cry, only because someone they liked lost, when half of the fucks in this site DID NOT VOTE. Its astonishing that all of the "Rock the Vote" shit did not work, but then again it doesnt surprise me.

I want the economy to go back up too. I want the oil prices to go down too. Its bad around the world, and you CANNOT blame it on one guy. You just cant. Its so much more complicated than that. You know it is, so dont bullshit me on this. I am educated, just as you are.

The reason Bush won is not because he is a great speaker(we all know he sucks at it), it isnt because he won a war (which is still going on), its because of the moral values. The democrats failed to hit on them. They focused purely on economics and bad things Bush has done, but they didnt make the people trust Kerry enough. It doesnt matter if you went through hell, if you trust the guy who is leading you to get you out of it, you're going to follow him regardless.

This is democracy, guys. Take it or leave it. The system worked, and its simply astonishing that it still does.

Again, Zaheer, I'm sorry for what is happening to you. I hope someday I can help this get fixed.
Agreed. I have no qualms that the system didn't worke He (Bush) flat out won. I'm not bitching that Kerry lost. He did, so be it. Kerry didn't run the best campaign and in hindsight should have hit more on the moral issues that minroties cared about. You say I can't blame it on one guy, but actually I can. He's the president and as they say the buck stops there. He is the leader of our country and his decisions and policy makers are a large portion as to why we're in the state we are today. I certainly can't put the blame the senator from North Dakota or the Congressman from Arizona for what's happened. It's the man who's job is to steer the agenda and enforce the policies set. So sure I can't blame just one guy but when that guy influences Cabinet, the Senate, Congress and has influnce on the future of major court decisions for the next 20 years or so it does make him a bigger target than most.

On a Side note. CJ as chief os staff!?!?

scentless

Post by scentless » 04 Nov 2004 13:18

geniuses!

JordanSnowSucks

Post by JordanSnowSucks » 04 Nov 2004 13:19

Zaheer wrote: On a Side note. CJ as chief os staff!?!?
<shrugs shoulders> I dunno man. Get online, damnit!

Observant

Post by Observant » 04 Nov 2004 13:35

Bush won. Americans who voted for him are _______________.
Staring at Walter's new avatar.

Flaming Penis

Post by Flaming Penis » 04 Nov 2004 13:47

All of you Bush haters can thank the Far Left Nutcases that spoke so loudly on behalf of the Democratic Party this election year. Michael Moore, George Soros, Kitty Kelley, Sean Penn, and the virulent "Bush is Hitler" protesters... these are the people to blame for Bush winning the Presidency. Instead of making this an election about defeating a fundamentalist warhawk on the basis of his poor record, this became an election about how Bush was a liar, AWOL, and indirectly connected to the Nazis. Instead of making moderates reconsider their support for Bush, they have galvanized and mobilized support on his behalf.

The Democrats could have taken the high road, like they did in the Clinton years, and allowed Republicans to make fools of themselves with the Swift Boat accusations, Flip Flop cliches. But they tried to fight shit with more shit.... and they were louder, nuttier, and more annoying to the American public. They relied on outdated National Guard accusations and they concocted a Draft scare out of thin air to try and scare the young voter into the voting booths. And it failed miserably.

So a hearty "Thank you" to DemocraticUnderground.com, MoveOn.org, and all of the other extremist fucktards who helped to drive voters to cast millions more votes for one of the most unimpressive and beatable Presidents in American history. I hope your pseudo-intellectual jerking off was worth it.
Last edited by Flaming Penis on 04 Nov 2004 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie845

Post by Newbie845 » 04 Nov 2004 13:49

april wrote:are you fucking kidding? they just listen to morons like bill o'reilly or rush limbaugh or tucker carlson or whoeverthefuckelse instead.

yeah, republicans on the whole are real critical thinkers who really weigh all the issues and don't just vote solely so gay people can't get married or just so they can keep their guns or some shit like that. right.
Oh but they didn't listen to Michael Moore, Howard Stern, Ben Affleck, Cher, Uma Thurman, Barbra Streisand, Martin Sheen, Madonna, Robert Altman, Alec Baldwin, Rob Reiner, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Matt Damon, Jon Bon Jovi, Robin Williams, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Whoopi Goldberg, Rosie O`Donnel, Quentin Tarantino, Moby, Isaac Hayes, Dave Matthews, R.E.M, Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Sting, U2, Gwyneth Paltrow, The Dixie Chicks, Elton John, Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Dustin Hoffman, Willie Nelson, Pearl Jam, Richard Gere, Al Franken, or the 32973 other celebrities and political commentators who endorsed Kerry. Yeah that's right your point is null and void. Contrary to your beliefs, people are intelligent enough to make decisions without the help of celebs or others telling them how to vote. Most people actually resent others telling them how to vote.

I voted Bush based on the fact I believe he is the strongest leader and best for the war on terror and for security of our country. The economy (while not the best) has been improving greatly and I plain didn't like Kerry. The democrats simply picked a horrible canidate.

If you disagree, great. Apparently the majority of people agree with me (by 3.5 million votes mind you).

RandomHero

Post by RandomHero » 04 Nov 2004 13:51

Bush won. Americans who voted for him are.......

people who know what they want, and not influenced by Moviestars/punkrockers/Michael Moore.

Bartman387

Post by Bartman387 » 04 Nov 2004 13:55

Moronic and oblivious to the horrible way Bush has run his administration

P.S. dont act like just because someone voted for Kerry it was because they were swayed by those jackass celebs or the mouthpiece of the far left Michael Moore.

Genem

Post by Genem » 04 Nov 2004 13:56

Justin wrote: Bush won. Americans who voted for him are _______________.
the majority

JordanSnowSucks

Post by JordanSnowSucks » 04 Nov 2004 14:04

zing!

hesey

Post by hesey » 04 Nov 2004 14:18

you guys all bitch so much it makes me feel sorry for you, so good job because im sure thats what you were shooting for.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 04 Nov 2004 14:20

Mr. Buttfister wrote:
<span style='color:blue'>Face it...YOU LOST! Now get over it and move the fuck on, crybaby. :cry:</span>
you embody the republican attitude. can you tell me the best reason you voted for Bush? just one please...
<span style='color:blue'>Sure, how about I paraphrase the reason that so many mindless liberal zombies quoted almost by rote when asked that same question about why they were voting for their Democrat savior...

Because he wasn't Kerry.

How do you like them apples? <_< </span>

april

Post by april » 04 Nov 2004 14:23

starks wrote:
are you fucking kidding? they just listen to morons like bill o'reilly or rush limbaugh or tucker carlson or whoeverthefuckelse instead.

yeah, republicans on the whole are real critical thinkers who really weigh all the issues and don't just vote solely so gay people can't get married or just so they can keep their guns or some shit like that. right.

This response makes no sense. And gay marriage? Is that really an issue? I think most people could give a fuck about gay marriage. Its amazing how this keeps being brought up as an issue, yet 2% of the country is gay. Make a stand on a real issue. If 2 guys want to suck each others dicks and say they are happily married, good for them, no one cares. Pointless fucking issue.

If you're going to retort, at least make it something of substance like Iraq, the deficit, homeland security or abortion.
are you serious? this is a HUGE issue according to most people. all of the exit poll shit talked about how the MAJORITY (i.e. people who voted for bush) voted based on "VALUES." they, according to the media, said they voted for bush because of (pick one of the following:)

- he doesn't want gay people to get married
- he thinks stem cell research is bad
- he is against abortion
- he loves god
- etc.

did you not notice that 11 states had gay marriage referendums that were passed with landslides? obviously most people DO give a fuck about gay marriage - it's a HUGE issue to people, for some fucking dumb reason. i think MANY bush supporters ignored all of the shit he's done the past 4 years and voted because of one of the "value" issues above. how else can you explain ohio - a state that lost TONS of jobs - still voting for the guy?! because he supposedly shares their "values."

that was my point. people like my parents are "one-issue voters" - my dad so he can keep his gun, and my mom so gay people can't get married. that's it. they don't even care about the other stuff.
Last edited by april on 04 Nov 2004 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 04 Nov 2004 14:36

sheepdog wrote:
AngelBaby wrote: <span style='color:blue'>Post two to complete my big dare from sheepfucker:

Another fact, once again let me know if I'm wrong or stupid on this one.

Projected electoral college vote: George W. Bush-286, John Kerry-252</span>
Sorry you lose again. See in the first post of the set you said you weren't wrong about my nationality, merely misled. Being misled is not a legitimate excuse for being wrong. Bush misled to the American people into believing Iraq had WMDs and must be attacked, but I wasn't wrong because I didn't buy this justification. Additionally, being misled does not change the simple fact that you were, indeed, wrong.

Alas, you were also wrong in your second post in saying that it has been projected that Bush has won 286 electoral votes. not even Fox (Republican) News have awarded him that many, he's at 279 as Iowa has not yet been determined. Other sources have yet to award Bush Iowa and still have him at 274. Perhaps inconsequential, but once again you lose.

So yah, you're still wrong and/or stupid. You fail.

I'd also like to point out that though JSS refered to me being a Democrat earlier, I am registered as independent, and voted Democrat, Republican, and Green Party for various state and local offices.

going to have to live with their decision directly for the next 4 years, and however farther long his policies continue to have an effect.

(and that takes me to eight)
<span style='color:blue'>You actually cast a useless vote for a fucking Green Party candidate and have the gall to call ME stupid? Okay, yeah...whatever. :rolleyes:

Come back and tell me how wrong I am when New Mexico and Iowa's votes are officially awarded to Bush (as pretty much every network I've watched has predicted they will be eventually) and he finishes with 286 as I said. Then you'll be officially my bitch. Until then just realize that calling me stupid doesn't make you any smarter, calling me wrong doesn't make you right, and your boy still got his ass whooped and crying about it like a two-year old brat pitching a fit won't change anything.

YOU STILL LOSE, ASSWIPE. :lol: </span>

radish01001

Post by radish01001 » 04 Nov 2004 14:38

I think you mean moral issues..

The irony here though is, there are currently Americans dying in iraq - people dying, shouldn't that be considered a moral issue as well? I was confused as to why it wasn't in this election. I really like (not) how we place Gay Marriage, stem cell research, and abortion in the category of "moral," but people dying in a completely different area of topic.

Who knows, complaining wont get us anywhere, so what's the point?

On with the titties!!

KARATE EXPLOSION!!!!