Fahrenheit 9/11

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
ge0rge

Post by ge0rge » 28 Jun 2004 20:18

well now, saying "stupid malaysia" sounds a tad insulting. tho im not from malaysia i still think it aint good... lol. pardon me from going off topic.

sarah

Post by sarah » 28 Jun 2004 21:25

meatwad wrote:Second,  the terrorists are as pissed as ever at us.  Obviously we are doing something right!  You can't reason with them or please them- a world pleasing to terrorism is fucking scary.  But I understand how other countries don't get it but every true American should.  The USA is the heart of freedom and liberty in the whole world.  Yes war is horrible and no one likes it but we have captured or killed 2/3 of al queda's known leaders, along with a killing asshole named Saddam-fucking impressive.
  God, I wish every country would be in on it with us.  Think about how awesome it would have been if after the Spain Madrid bombings (that scared them out of Iraq), Spain would have said "Fuck you assholes,  we are sending more troops now" and all UN countries would actually help.  Damn we could wipe out these bastards.  NO administration is perfect but at least this one is killing bad guys and spreading freedom.
Yes, spreading freedom with some casualties-  But I would rather spread freedom now with few casualties, than risk loosing it later with mass casualties.  I am so proud of what our troops are doing and of the fact that I am a citizen of the USA.  Some people don't get it.  Don't you want to get rid of the people who want you dead just because you want to live?- and protect our future and the future of our children no matter what?
I know I do, and I'm damn sure my President does.
-My 2 cents
oh for gods sake - <a href='http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5223932/' target='_blank'>al qaeda has nothing to do with iraq </a>. there were no WMD's in iraq - this has been stated over and over again. so all the crap that you said was just that - CRAP. defending our freedom, blah blah, under attack blah blah, GET OVER IT. this sort of skewed logic that justifies this war is exactly why you have a moron for president who will probably be re-elected.

and THIS "the terrorists are as pissed as ever at us. Obviously we are doing something right" - dude, this was a real classic. the terrorists were ALWAYS pissed at you. they're terrorists - fanatics. they need SOMETHING/SOMEONE to be pissed at. making THEM angry does not prove that you're right - thats the logic of a five year old. or not even.

sarah

Post by sarah » 28 Jun 2004 21:33

meatwad wrote: Don't you want to get rid of the people who want you dead just because you want to live?- and protect our future and the future of our children no matter what?
and thats probably EXACTLY what osama is telling HIS troops right now.

again - you've got the logic of a 2 year old (yeah, it dropped from 5 to 2 after i re-read your post). this awesome assumption that the terrorists are after you only cause you want to live sounds real noble. honestly, it does. but its a load of crap. nobody wants YOU (or american's) dead cause you're ALIVE. to reiterate, the terrorists are a tad bit insane (you know, they don't have access to as many distractions as we do - they're poor, starving and need something to focus on - in comes a guy (osama) with his own agenda, and tells them to hate america and blame america for all their problems and they find a PURPOSE - they go into "war" thinking its all for a great cause) - they have picked your country cause they are convinced it is a threat to their culture, to their future. and they want revenge for the shit thats happened to them in the past (obviously they're a bit delusional).

however, it is not as simplistic as "he wants me dead cause i want to live" shit...

meatwad

Post by meatwad » 28 Jun 2004 23:09

Okay, sense everyone is ripping on me for that; I will have to be more clearer (damn it was just a broad statement). The terrorists want us dead because we want to live life freely and without objection- because we don't use their logic or believe that if you kill innocent women and children you will get to have sex with 72 virgins. Mainly, freedom of religion. We think -believe what ever and worship whomever as long as it is done peacefully. They think- do as we do, or die! There are many other reasons why they hate us but I don't have all day.
You say Al Queda has nothing to do with Iraq.

<a href='http://www.papadoc.net/WoW/Connectionbe ... Saddam.htm' target='_blank'>you are an idiot</a>
That is where Al Queda is- out there fighting us, along with a bunch of wannabe al queda groups. We are killing those dickheads IN IRAQ.
And the fact that we are doing a good job of that should get any sane person's praise.
And one more thing, wake up and smell the fucking coffee. Question my logic all you want but you are just making yourself sound more like an asshole, or worse....a liberal. They are more pissed at us AS EVER. Not the same as before the war, more. Why? because we've killed or captured over half of their leaders, scattered their asses all about and bumped up security and intelligence denying them a chance for another 9/11. Hell yes we are doing something right! For every terrorist we kill IN IRAQ, a lot of lives are saved. Believe it.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 28 Jun 2004 23:37

<span style='color:maroon'>I am of the opinion that so-called "religious zealots" very rarely take up a cause on purely religious grounds. Soldiers did not go into the Crusades to take Jerusalem from the Muslims, but to plunder and rape women.

I think this is pretty similar, there's a motive besides zealotry, at least for the leaders.

But then, I'm not going to presume to know the thoughts and intentions of people I've never met.

I just wish the United States pull out all our troops in other countries and bring them home safely, then go isolationist, Japanese-style.

It'd be great if we weren't so dependent on imports.

Oh well, guess it's to the killing fields for our troops, then.</span>

the other

Post by the other » 28 Jun 2004 23:49

OMG In Iraq BEFORE the war, al queda did not operate in Iraq, AQ started to pop up after the fighting. There has not been a solid link between Saddam and AQ. The gov't has not found a money trail that lead Saddam to Bin Laden. Saddam praised 9/11 but said he had nothing to do with it.

<a href='http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/ ... 7356.shtml' target='_blank'>From bush's top security adviser </a>

There has not been an Iraqi terrorist attack outside of Iraq since the mid 90s until this war started but even now it has only been Iraqi until the incident in spain.

And for the people that said they found WMD, I believe they did they found one shell of a nerve agent enough to make 2 people sick that wasn't in protective gear. I guess giving 2 people the runs, is considered a weapon of mass destruction.
Last edited by the other on 28 Jun 2004 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

otacon52

Post by otacon52 » 29 Jun 2004 02:01

I just saw it yesterday. Same old Moore stuff, but a good film. Though he did stretch some things a few nautical miles (the connection between the Saudis and the Bushes.) I was suprised when people actually started crying, especially when the lady was talking about her dead son in Iraq and the blackout thing of the Sept. 11th footage. .

The only real thing though that the movie succeeds in doing is pointing out that war is bad (big suprise there) and that the administrations treatment regarding the Patriot Act and the constant terror alert is very questionable.

So in conclusion, if your a fan of him he's pretty much preaching to the choir, if not it'll make your head explode.

srcroy

Post by srcroy » 29 Jun 2004 02:30

I live in Madison, Wisconsin (uber-liberal) and had to see it at midnight on Friday because all other shows were sold out. The midnight sold out too. Everything sold out all weekend. I liked it and think he's got the right to express his view any time he wants. I liked it better than his other movies in the sense that he wasn't trying so much to just humiliate people on the streets. Powerful stuff.

Amy

Post by Amy » 29 Jun 2004 04:16

I was suprised when people actually started crying, especially when the lady was talking about her dead son in Iraq and the blackout thing of the Sept. 11th footage. .
You were suprised people started crying while watching a mother's desperate heartbreak over losing her son? Or when listening to the screams of people witnessing the destruction of September 11th?

Yeah, that's shocking.

(Yes, I cried. The ability to feel compassion... it's the damndest thing.)

Liberal_idiots

Post by Liberal_idiots » 29 Jun 2004 04:48

Now, I don't think any admnistration is completely on the up and up, you all just need to realize where Moore's motivation lies. Oh, an Justin, &#036;25 million in a weekend is like 2 million people going to see the movie. If they all could actually vote, and really did, they wouldn't get shit elected...

You want a hard-core alternative view of history? Check this shit out:

<a href='http://syninfo.com/Epperson/' target='_blank'>http://syninfo.com/Epperson/</a>

Moore is, and always will be a liberal hack, a glorified journalist hiding behind so-called documentaries. Read this shit and realize it doesn't really matter which side you're on, you're REALLY insignificant...

otacon52

Post by otacon52 » 29 Jun 2004 04:52

Amy wrote:
I was suprised when people actually started crying, especially when the lady was talking about her dead son in Iraq and the blackout thing of the Sept. 11th footage. .
You were suprised people started crying while watching a mother's desperate heartbreak over losing her son? Or when listening to the screams of people witnessing the destruction of September 11th?

Yeah, that's shocking.

(Yes, I cried. The ability to feel compassion... it's the damndest thing.)
Ya, believe it or not, some people have the ability to not be an over-emotional crybaby and not complain to others about it.

But then again, I wish I could pretend to feel compassionate too so I can feel more important than everyone else. :rolleyes:
Last edited by otacon52 on 29 Jun 2004 04:53, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 29 Jun 2004 04:53

<span style='color:maroon'>Hey guy,

I respect your opinion and all, but that website...

...might not be the most reliable in the world.

Just sayin'</span>

the other

Post by the other » 29 Jun 2004 04:58

Liberal_idiots wrote: Now, I don't think any admnistration is completely on the up and up, you all just need to realize where Moore's motivation lies.&nbsp; Oh, an Justin, &#036;25 million in a weekend is like 2 million people going to see the movie.&nbsp; If they all could actually vote, and really did, they wouldn't get shit elected...

You want a hard-core alternative view of history?&nbsp; Check this shit out:

<a href='http://syninfo.com/Epperson/' target='_blank'>http://syninfo.com/Epperson/</a>

Moore is, and always will be a liberal hack, a glorified journalist hiding behind so-called documentaries.&nbsp; Read this shit and realize it doesn't really matter which side you're on, you're REALLY insignificant...
For any movie to make 25 Million is big deal and especially if that movies is not shown in a lot of theaters. And just about 2100 theaters less than White Chicks, that is a big deal...

2 Million people is a lot compared to 537...

Amy

Post by Amy » 29 Jun 2004 05:17

But then again, I wish I could pretend to feel compassionate too so I can feel more important than everyone else.
Yup. Any and all compassion must be fake. No one really cares about the pain of others.

Everyone knows true self-importance comes from being a dick on the Internet.

Nice job.

EDIT: otacon52, I'm removing where I called you a "dumbass". Clearly, your aggressive and nasty post in a sign of some sort of deep-rooted hurting.

It will be okay.

Go hug a puppy.
Last edited by Amy on 29 Jun 2004 05:20, edited 1 time in total.

otacon52

Post by otacon52 » 29 Jun 2004 05:23

Amy wrote:
But then again, I wish I could pretend to feel compassionate too so I can feel more important than everyone else.
Yup. Any and all compassion must be fake. No one really cares about the pain of others.

Everyone knows true self-importance comes from being a dick on the Internet.

Nice job.

EDIT: otacon52, I'm removing where I called you a "dumbass". Clearly, your aggressive and nasty post in a sign of some sort of deep-rooted hurting.

It will be okay.

Go hug a puppy.
Me= aggresive and nasty
You= Calling someone a dumbass and a dick

I believe that is the pot calling the kettle black. Don't be so bitter sweety.

Me thinks you are desperately trying to win a argument on the internet.
Last edited by otacon52 on 29 Jun 2004 05:35, edited 1 time in total.