I'm back, I think

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
eve

Post by eve » 26 Nov 2004 22:16

East of Eden by John Steinbeck has been my bed-side, bathtub and bathroom buddy for the duration of my sickness this last week. Why I mention this is not to share my reading list with fubar readers, but to make a connection. If any of you have read this book, I hope you will remember the Chinese helper, Lee, that Adam, the sorry bastard who got shot by his half-human of a whore wife, employed. Justin reminds me of Lee. Lee often says, “I am getting more Chinese in my old age.” I think Justin is getting old, but not more Chinese. I remember when fubar was full of postage about Avril fans mistaking Justin for … well, Avril. And long worded emails from strange people who wanted to make love to Justin’s Brunei behind. Lately all that Justin has been posting are hi-res pictures of celebrities. He doesn’t even talk about his new DVDs anymore, and all of you who have been here more than a couple months should know that Justin’s DVDs are his well-nurtured children. Justin, you need to post more, goober.

The last 7 days have been extraordinarily boring. I’ve left the house a total of 5 times, twice to the doctor, once to get cigarettes and fluids, once because I was desperate for human company and another time to get some fresh air. Two days ago my house guest adventure started. My live-in boyfriends’ friend from Turkey is on a two week visit here in Germany. I don’t mind him, I can even say I like him. He’s a good person, hasn’t really got all the glasses in the cupboard, but that’s okay. Another friend of my boyfriend is here as well, he also stayed the night last night. They both came in late, carrying laptops. Thing I don’t understand is why they come here at all. They claim it is to visit friends and whatnot, but… My apartment turned into an internet café. They didn’t speak to each other, they all, including myself, simply immersed themselves into the internet, gaming and playing Solitaire, of all things. Is there something so totally interesting about boarding a plane (and paying for it) just to sit on your laptop in a different country? And these are grown men.

It was already bad enough that my boyfriend came home early smelling like garlic – he claims he didn’t eat anything with garlic (my ass he didn’t), but his two friends smelled equally …. mmm, delicious. Remember, I’m sick. After sitting next to my beloved house guests that hogged up waay too much space on my couches and my boyfriend for a couple hours I gave my boy the sideways glance and head shake that we need to get out of here. I was going to suffocate. I didn’t care that I had to bear the nut-freezing temp outside; I NEEDED that fresh air like Justin needs Avril. This morning I woke up and my bedroom smelled like garlic and my living room smelled like something I can’t describe. I wrapped a scarf around my neck and opened every damn window in this place until it was unbearable. Ah, house guests. I’ll be happy when my friends from America arrive on the first. One will be stayed until the middle of January, and I know they will smell completely normal, at least after the airplane food odors get showered and washed away. It will be the first holiday season in three years that I will be surrounded by my real loved ones – my friends, my dad, my boyfriend. As I can’t afford to fly over the few in my family who I do want here, this will be a nice substitute.

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on fubar. Hopefully after all the cobwebs get cleared I can start posting something a little more worthwhile, something that might even resemble entertainment. For the oldtimers who still remember – no, I will not show you my boobies. For the newbies: you suck.

Just in case some of you haven’t checked out the forums recently, then I want to repeat Thess’ request here. In case you newbies haven’t caught on yet (you suck) Thess is an oldtimer in fubar, here long before I was. Thess is the super-woman, and hard core bitch for some, of fubar. Pay your respects, newbies (you suck). Thess needs your prayers for the life of her mother. I believe there is power in numbers, more in prayer than anything else. So please, all you who read this, please just give a minute of your time and lift Thess and her mother up in your prayers today and the following days. Love you Thess, don’t give up hope.

Happy holidays to all! <3 eve.
Last edited by eve on 28 Nov 2004 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

BigDaddyCool

Post by BigDaddyCool » 26 Nov 2004 22:25

Welcome back

oz_sequel

Post by oz_sequel » 26 Nov 2004 22:25

i think thess's mum is in all our prayers..

eve - i hope your feeling better... and welcome back to fubar

devnull

Post by devnull » 26 Nov 2004 22:31

Welcome back!

onlyamereshadow

Post by onlyamereshadow » 26 Nov 2004 23:00

Welcome back

bligityblah

Post by bligityblah » 26 Nov 2004 23:03

I <3 Eve!

dueces4life

Post by dueces4life » 26 Nov 2004 23:39

Welcome back.

God be with us all in times of need.

WP_LeGeNd

Post by WP_LeGeNd » 27 Nov 2004 00:02

Happy times, Oh happy times. The Eve of the newb destruction has begun!

good to see you again Eve! oh yeah and Gute Besserung!

sheepdog

Post by sheepdog » 27 Nov 2004 00:39

Houseguests are like fish, after a few days, they stink.
(Mark Twain)

a bit more literal in you case, though.

radish01001

Post by radish01001 » 27 Nov 2004 01:28

We can never go back to the glory of the old days, but we can come close!

the_lone_bard

Post by the_lone_bard » 27 Nov 2004 02:31

j

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 27 Nov 2004 03:03

For the newbies: you suck.
I love her already.

Welcome back!

onlyamereshadow

Post by onlyamereshadow » 27 Nov 2004 03:30

the_lone_bard wrote: j
There is a post so full of deep philosophical meaning.

Fruity Loops

Post by Fruity Loops » 27 Nov 2004 03:35

onlyamereshadow wrote:
the_lone_bard wrote: j
There is a post so full of deep philosophical meaning.
fucker

Meowth

Post by Meowth » 27 Nov 2004 05:10

That particular smell of Eve's guest is pretty common in Germany. I remember walking in the streets and seeing the most gorgeous girl walking in my direction, until she was like 5 feet from me and... Oh God! The smell of... "unbathed humankind". Such a pity.

Get well, Eve. I don't know you from the "old times" 'cause I'm one of your hated newbies, but your post was worth reading. Take care.