Spider-Man 2

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Anonymous Bastard

Post by Anonymous Bastard » 30 Jun 2004 09:55

Justin wrote:
Anonymous Bastard wrote: You saw the first movie. The plot won't be spoiled. ;)
okayy.... whatever that means.
Peter Parker loves Mary Jane
Evil Villain is created
Evil Villain wants to kill Spider-Man
Mary Jane is in harms way because of the Evil Villain
Spider-Man beats Evil Villain and saves Mary Jane
Peter Parker doen't end up with Mary Jane

Just replace te Evil Villain with whoever it is this time. Don't get me wrong, they are some great looking and entertaining movies, but the plots are anything but mysterious.
Last edited by Anonymous Bastard on 30 Jun 2004 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

Justin

Post by Justin » 30 Jun 2004 09:58

WOW. i guess i don't need to see the movie then!!

worst. rational. ever.

it's not the journey that matters. it's how you get there.
Last edited by Justin on 30 Jun 2004 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

Sunstrider

Post by Sunstrider » 30 Jun 2004 18:17

Justin,Here you go. Hope this helps. Just remember this is on the Southern part of Manhattan Island

<a href='http://www.mcall.com/news/local/ny-grou ... 4546.flash' target='_blank'>WTC</a>

As for the Statue of liberty, just keep going south from the WTC and it shoud be there.

Let us know if these sites are in there.
Last edited by Sunstrider on 30 Jun 2004 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

WP_LeGeNd

Post by WP_LeGeNd » 30 Jun 2004 18:47

Justin I can help you now... I know my way around NY!

Justin

Post by Justin » 30 Jun 2004 19:00

yep. i found it last night. i actually kept going south (before i consulted a real map, the in game map doesnt label specific landmarks) and i ended up around soho. i figured the wtc site would be big enough for me to actually see from a distance while swinging around. but i never found it (the first time anyway). if i'd looked around a little bit more to the east, i would've been there. anyhow, they have two beams of light shoot up into the sky on the wtc site at night in the game. very classy. good stuff!

now i just need to find a way to get to the statue of liberty because spidey cant swim and he just can't swing all the way over there because there's nothing to web on to. i think i need to hitch a ride on a helicopter.

Anonymous Bastard

Post by Anonymous Bastard » 30 Jun 2004 19:07

Justin wrote: WOW. i guess i don't need to see the movie then!!

worst. rational. ever.

it's not the journey that matters. it's how you get there.
I never said don't see it. I'm just saying their is nothing to spoil in the plot. Playing the game won't ruin the movie.

Justin

Post by Justin » 30 Jun 2004 19:21

but it wiiillll! the game follows the movie's major plot points. look at this poor bastard:

<a href='http://www.gamerankings.com/itemranking ... wid=398219' target='_blank'>http://www.gamerankings.com/itemranking ... =398219</a>
I’ve just spent an entire day sitting in a room with pizza, chips, brownies, Mountain Dew and a copy of SPIDER-MAN 2 for the Xbox. While it’s somewhat disappointing to have spoiled the movie story for myself, the gameplay may be the closest any game has ever come to putting a gamer into a superhero’s tights.
but ya, i'm going to see the movie at 10:00am today.

yes, 10:00am. i've got class from 5 - 7:30 and i usually dont go see movies at night. it's cheaper during the day

anyhow, this thread will probably be grounds for open movie discussion once everyone sees the movie, so if anybody is going to post about it, provide spoiler warnings for those who havent.

true believers away!
Last edited by Justin on 30 Jun 2004 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

zepfred

Post by zepfred » 30 Jun 2004 21:42

I got my tickets for the 9:00PM showing tonight.

It currently has 97 percent Fresh Tomato rating at rottentomatoes - i cannot wait.

NGEddie

Post by NGEddie » 30 Jun 2004 22:22

I hate you all!!!

Its not out in the UK till the 16th of July. WHY??!?!?!?!???!?!!!

And I refuse to download such a great film! REFUSE!!

Justin

Post by Justin » 01 Jul 2004 01:57

just got back. wow.

lemme just say i ALMOST cried during two scenes.

and that scene in the hospital.... CLASSIC. SAM. RAIMI.

i almost felt like i was watching all the best parts of evil dead 1, evil dead 2, army of darkness and darkman all over again. all in the span of like 2 -3 minutes. omg that was. the. best. CLASSIC.

those two scenes that almost got to me?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>SPOILERS</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>after the subway fight: when spidey, with his mask off, gets carried into the train by the civilians. that scene was so. so.... damn i cant even describe it.

and after the doc ock fight: when spidey, again with his mask off, turns around and mj sees him. omg. that scene felt so. fucking. great. i swear if spidey hadn't broken up the scene with that one bit of comic relief ("this thing's pretty heavy" or something like that.. haha), i would've probably lost it.

now all i'm wondering is what spider-man 3 will bring us. is harry gonna become a goblin? is john jameson gonna become venom? is dr. connors gonna become the lizard? are all of them going to be in the next movie at the same time?</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>SPOILER END</span>

damn. spider-man 2 was amazing. amazing
Last edited by Justin on 01 Jul 2004 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

Dex

Post by Dex » 01 Jul 2004 02:28

AHHH i had to scroll past that spoiler really fast. I'm so tempted to read it.

I'll be leaving for the theatre (by myself, a la "Justin style") in about an hour... I can't wait :omfg:

Defjm

Post by Defjm » 01 Jul 2004 03:47

the movie was hot IMO

neonblack

Post by neonblack » 01 Jul 2004 05:05

Justin, I saw the movie last night at the midnight showing, and I agree with you once again that it was awesome. Being quite a big Spiderman fan myself (I used to read the comics as a kid), I must say it was better than the first one. As far as bad guys go, Docter Octopus was probably better than the Green Goblin.

KIND-OF SPOILERS!!!!!!:

The scene in the train was great, but the hospital scene (the chainsaw, yes the chainsaw!) was even better. Not to mention the ending where Harry is talking to you know who was pretty sweet! Can't wait for the third one, now I gotta go buy the first one.

surfpenguin

Post by surfpenguin » 01 Jul 2004 09:20

neonblack wrote: Justin, I saw the movie last night at the midnight showing, and I agree with you once again that it was awesome.&nbsp; Being quite a big Spiderman fan myself (I used to read the comics as a kid), I must say it was better than the first one.&nbsp; As far as bad guys go, Docter Octopus was probably better than the Green Goblin.

KIND-OF SPOILERS!!!!!!:

The scene in the train was great, but the hospital scene (the chainsaw, yes the chainsaw!) was even better.&nbsp; Not to mention the ending where Harry is talking to you know who was pretty sweet!&nbsp; Can't wait for the third one, now I gotta go buy the first one.
It was a great movie indeed, and the scenes you describe really were pretty bad ass. The "he stole that guy's pizza" line was pretty damn hilarious, as was Jamieson. They've done such an AMAZING job with that character, in both movies. Overall, it was better than 1, and I'm looking forward to 3. As for Doc Ock, he wasn't just a better bad guy than the Green Goblin, I think he might have been the best villain since Darth Vader. If they can only do as good a job with the Batman franchise they are restarting, and the Superman franchise there's talk will be coming back... This is how comic books should be made into movies.

Dex

Post by Dex » 01 Jul 2004 09:39

OMG.

BEST. COMIC BOOK. MOVIE. EVAR.

I peed myself like.. 9 times during the movie. New record.

I don't even know what to say except, EVERYONE needs to see Spiderman 2.