Spider-Man 2

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » 02 Jul 2004 04:43

william wrote: when do you think the next sequel will be out? in two years? and does anyone know the song that was playing during the end credits?
Spidey 3 is set for 2007. Three. Fucking. Years.

But I'm sure if it'll be worth the wait.

The song that was playing was "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional.

And surfpenguin, yeah, that was Stan saving some kid yet again. Good eye.

Justin

Post by Justin » 02 Jul 2004 05:45

yep. stan was in there for a split second. he was the guy on the street who pulled some girl away from danger. probably falling debri or something. his cameo made me smile.

has anybody here seen darkman?

Dex

Post by Dex » 02 Jul 2004 05:47

Justin wrote: has anybody here seen darkman?
I loved Darkman when I was a kid. I saw it at least 5 times the year it came out in theatres. I even got the (god-awful) <a href='http://www.movies.westumulka.com/darkman/games.html' target='_blank'>NES game</a>... ::shudder::

Darkman 2 was a little lame.. if memory serves correct.. and wasn't there a third?
Last edited by Dex on 02 Jul 2004 05:51, edited 1 time in total.

Justin

Post by Justin » 02 Jul 2004 05:51

haha. i had the nes game too. it sucked so bad and it was super fucking hard. it was pretty much robocop 2 with a darkman sprite instead.

darkman 2 and 3 sucked. but only because raimi didnt direct them. i think he only executive produced or something.

i'm gonna go pick it up on dvd.

Dex

Post by Dex » 02 Jul 2004 05:54

omg. The third movie was called (i shit you not):

DARKMAN III: DIE DARKMAN DIE

:o :omfg: :o :omfg: :o :omfg: :o :omfg:

Defjm

Post by Defjm » 02 Jul 2004 06:20

Justin wrote: yep. stan was in there for a split second. he was the guy on the street who pulled some girl away from danger. probably falling debri or something. his cameo made me smile.

has anybody here seen darkman?
thought that was him

Pulse

Post by Pulse » 02 Jul 2004 07:17

Saw it last night, was awesome. Went to special bonus showing of 12:01am, yeah i said ':01'

Yeah i saw Stan Lee in the credits as "Man dodging debris", hah sweetness

[Spoilage]

Loved Doc Oc. as the villin. The hospital scene was great, his tentacles are so awesome. The way he scales the building and fights Spidey as he clings to the sides of the buildings and the subway. And the way they look and hiss at him when he's trying to fight them. Sweet.

I didn't get that back injury thing either, but i know one of the guys a few seats over did. He laughed his ass off then giggled for 10 minutes after :blink:

Damn those falls were crazy, TOTALLY wasn't expecting that first one :lol:
And right after how he has to take the elevator down with that guy, looked hilarious. "It sorta rides up at the crotch" hahaha

[/Spoilage]

Damn i hope Venom is in the 3rd one, ya'kno who should play Eddie Brock/Venom?
Arnold Schwarzenegger!! LOL! :D
And Jim Carrey as Carnage! :P

They could give Spidey his Symbiote Costume at the beginning too, i bet they could make it look awesome.

Ok fine im done.
Payce. :P
Last edited by Pulse on 02 Jul 2004 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

purfektshun

Post by purfektshun » 02 Jul 2004 09:04

Spiderman 2 was excellent, surpased the first one, looks so much better, and a little more of a girly story going on with Kirsten having a bit more of a role - But ya, GO SEE IT NOW LAZY - stop reading this and go!

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 02 Jul 2004 09:09

Yeah so wait I don't get the back thing. I got that it was an inside joke, but didn't get the actual joke.

Justin

Post by Justin » 02 Jul 2004 09:19

tobey had serious back problems coming off the seabiscuit shoot and for a while, there were rumors that he couldnt make it back for spider-man and that he was getting replaced.

anyhow, it got blown out of proportion by the media. but yeah, the back problem thing is well publicized  

<a href='http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=I ... k+problems' target='_blank'>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=I ... roblems</a>
Last edited by Justin on 02 Jul 2004 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 02 Jul 2004 09:24

Ok now I get it, I do remember hearing that. I just am not the greatest at putting things together, especially coherent sentences

Dex

Post by Dex » 02 Jul 2004 10:03

...plus the fact that he said "IM BACK!!"

...then fell on his spider-ass...

And said "ow.. my back..."

I HOPE you at least got that one, Bob.

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 02 Jul 2004 10:05

Well I did at least get that. But thats the only part of this play on the word back that I caught. And I am guessing thats only the extent alot of people got.

absolutwill

Post by absolutwill » 03 Jul 2004 08:28

i dunno did i miss something or was this spiderman movie a complete dissapointment. i thought it was awful and uncomfortable to watch at times. i think spider-man falls under the action genre and there were about 10 total minutes of action in this movie.

Sunstrider

Post by Sunstrider » 03 Jul 2004 15:37

Justin wrote: evil dead 2 works as a stand alone movie. you dont really need to see the first one. it actually more of a remake than a sequel but i think they said (in the commentary) that it is a sequel and that bruce's character is just dumb enough to go visit the cabin twice. it's kind of complicated because sam changes the plot continuity from sequel to sequel. you'll notice that the ending of evil dead 2 isnt the way it's shown in army of darkness (when they recap back to the events of evil dead 2)
thanks for the info. Sometime this weekend after I see Spider-man again I'm going to rent (or buy haven't decided yet) all three of these movies.