G4techTV

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Incognito

Post by Incognito » 23 Dec 2004 05:49

I was just about to look into subscribing to G4 so I could receive it.

Your gripe warned me.

Rujtu

Post by Rujtu » 23 Dec 2004 05:59

best post in weeks

poppinfresh

Post by poppinfresh » 23 Dec 2004 05:59

OK, I am/was a devoted G4 TV fan before it became TechTV..I never watched TechTV because everytime I turned it on, it was Anime Unleashed..blecch!! I loved Cinematech because it showed vids of games I hadn't played yet, and used to show previews of games to come out soon. I love G4TV.com because T-Dub is freakin hot!! Lately I am hatin on the channel though because when I turn it on I see Cinematech for games that were released in like 1994, Unscrewed(double-blechh!) , Robot Wars(WTF?!?!) and Anime Unleashed(That's what Anime On-Demand and Adult Swim is for).

I don't watch it half as much as I used to and like the rest of the board, it has become a channel that, if it got dumped tomorrow would not be missed by me, and I am a gamer(own PS2, GameCube, NES, SNES and Genesis and play MAME all the time, plus PC CDROM)....

That's my 2 cents... :angry:

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 23 Dec 2004 06:06

Have you ever seen Gamezville on SkyOne?

The UK is a little slow on the uptake especially with the games industry, only in recent years have we even had more than one programme that is to do with games, and the TV execs must be fucking retarded, they make this Gamezville show like a kid's programme, with bling bling talk and magic Gurus who know all the lame cheatcodes etc...it's fucking embarassing and I'd personally love to beat the shit outta the presenters who blatantly know nothing about games technology except what they read off their cue cards.

Watch that and tell me if it's better or worse than the G4Tech stuff, because I really can't imagine it being any worse than the shit we come up with here in the UK.
Last edited by efilflah on 23 Dec 2004 06:07, edited 1 time in total.

jimthej00

Post by jimthej00 » 23 Dec 2004 06:18

they well fucked up techtv. ziff saw the opportunity to fuck its best channel in the ass with its shitty channel and took it. boohoo.

RKrispy

Post by RKrispy » 23 Dec 2004 06:31

I liked the old techtv with the old screensavers.

i never liked G4 even when it wasn't merged with techtv. There shows sucked and always had that annoying asshole in every show.

I want the old guy and the scottish guy back! (even though the old guy was also in every other episode in screensavers, he wasnt an annoying asshole like the G4 dickhead.)

SigmundFrodo

Post by SigmundFrodo » 23 Dec 2004 06:36

I miss Leo Laporte and "Call for Help" and "Screensavers". Was never a gamer, but I'd watch X-Play just to see Morgan Webb. "Unscrewed" really sucked.... only watched a few. Since they had their big switch to G4 bullshit, I don't even try to find the time slot where they moved Morgan Webb. I do have plenty of her pics on my 'puter, though. :weep:

JohnnyRoyale

Post by JohnnyRoyale » 23 Dec 2004 06:42

Justin wrote:here's a press release for their 05 lineup
G4TechTV Press Opportunities for 2005
by Maria Perez at 05:28PM (EST) on December 15, 2004 | Permanent Link

G4TechTV is re-launching in late spring/early summer 2005, and branding our daily, live show “The Screen Savers” as the place to see and be seen if you want to reach the 17- to 34-year-old guy.

Below are several ongoing PR opportunities we have on all network shows in early 2005:

...Yadda, yadda, yadda....

G4, a 24/7 network branded for today’s gamer, is a lifestyle and variety network for the 17- to 34-year-old male. The network is available in 60 million cable and satellite homes nationwide and airs 24 original series.

To learn more, log onto www.g4techtv.com
again, where is the tech? gone! and ever more goner in 2005!
One question: Why isn't X-Play on that list?

Justin

Post by Justin » 23 Dec 2004 07:06

<a href='http://www.joeytheintern.com/media/leos_thoughts.mp3' target='_blank'>http://www.joeytheintern.com/media/leos_thoughts.mp3</a>

leo's still around doing call for help. in canada at least. and i think he has a radio show?

you can tell that he isnt very happy with the way G4 is handling TechTV. poor guy =(

onlyamereshadow

Post by onlyamereshadow » 23 Dec 2004 07:29

i believe this post sums up my opinion of g4techtv:
onlyamereshadow wrote:I completely agree with you. Tech Tv used to be a place where you could learn new tips/hacks ect. about computing. After the merger, however, it became an orgy of mindless videogame drivel. :bah:  Shows like Cinematech are completely useless. If i want to see the cutscenes from a game, i'll play it, not turn to G4TechTv. The only thing that could make this channel worse is a marathon of Cheat! forcing everyone to see consecutive hours of that fag explaining how to beat SpyHunter 2.

Grinch

Post by Grinch » 23 Dec 2004 08:07

SigmundFrodo wrote:I miss Leo Laporte and "Call for Help" and "Screensavers".  Was never a gamer, but I'd watch X-Play just to see Morgan Webb.  "Unscrewed" really sucked.... only watched a few.  Since they had their big switch to G4 bullshit, I don't even try to find the time slot where they moved Morgan Webb.  I do have plenty of her pics on my 'puter, though. :weep:
onlyamereshadow wrote:i believe this post sums up my opinion of g4techtv:
onlyamereshadow wrote:I completely agree with you. Tech Tv used to be a place where you could learn new tips/hacks ect. about computing. After the merger, however, it became an orgy of mindless videogame drivel. :bah:  Shows like Cinematech are completely useless. If i want to see the cutscenes from a game, i'll play it, not turn to G4TechTv. The only thing that could make this channel worse is a marathon of Cheat! forcing everyone to see consecutive hours of that fag explaining how to beat SpyHunter 2.

doesnt anyone remember the uproar that happend when the two merged?
G4 friggin pwned everyone at tech tvs ass, fired them all, cept leo laport and the guy he worked with on TSS and sometimes C4H.

and then they fired his ass, and leo laporte got waned out slowly....

fucking douchebags g4 should burn for their crimes [snoop dogg too for promo-ing them]. GOD DAMMED PRICKS :veryangry: :hrmph: :superangry:

dead_stars

Post by dead_stars » 23 Dec 2004 09:20

Great, listening to the audio of Leo and the whole TechTV death was at the hands of cumcast, my overpriced scum-sucking shitfaced cable company. G4 sucked on it's own, sucks now, will always suck. TTV rocked even though I was a johnny-come-lately to it and TSS. I hope they go down down down...gaming can't support a succesful channel.

This audio cracks me up...basically saying how much crap game scenes are shown, playing to the lowest common demon. for stupid gamer 13 year olds...hahahahahaha!

zecchino

Post by zecchino » 23 Dec 2004 09:26

after reading all that, i'm fancying you even more now

Red_Dwarf

Post by Red_Dwarf » 23 Dec 2004 10:32

X-PLAY sucks ass every game they rate gets a 3 out of 5.

INVENT THIS what a piece of shit show this is ant even worth bitching about it.

ARENA I like it.

ROBOT WARS LOOOVE IT! best show on the BBC and g4tv.

THE SCREEN SAVERS I remeber back when this was a local cable access show
for that reason alone I like it.

ANIME UNLEASHED crap, crap, crap Anime is so over!

FILTER all I got to say is Diane Mizota, Diane Mizota, Diane Mizota :wub:

ICONS very cool.

THE BEST SHOW ON G4TV

ELECTRIC PLAYGROUND funny-ass game rating show that puts the XXX in Play.

I know there are more shows but so far these are the only ones I seen.

hardcore_2031

Post by hardcore_2031 » 23 Dec 2004 11:20

Well after lurking in the shadows for some time this was the post tto finally bring me out from under my rock.

I could not agree more with Justin on this one. I sit and watch while good ol' TechTV burns. I used to PVR the shit out of that channel. FreshGear, Call for Help, and especially The ScreenSavers, were killer shows that I enjoyed almost every time I watched, even some of the lamer programs on TechTV were better than the dog barf that populates most all the other channels up and down the cable/satelite dial. And the personalities, they were people you loved to love, not love to hate. Leo Laporte was not only cool, but he could listen to these noobs ask stupid ass noob questions, and answer in a calm non-conescending way, which takes a unique breed of person that I dig. Kevin Rose... Well Kevin Rose I couldn't even belive they put a person with his skills and history on TV. Kevin was the king of the household electronics mod, Xboxes, TiVos, fuck, Kevin Rose would mod a fucking toaster with Bluetooth if it would benefit him in some way. And Morgan Webb (Yeah I see the odd gothy transformation too) but I'd hit that till my dick fell off. Talk nerdy to me you hot techy bitch. Damn. But I digress, my PVR box is empty now because there isn't shit to record for later consumption anymore. It's all fucking garbage. It makes me sad when something that is good gets taken over by something else, and that something else turns it to garbage. Like Hotmail, wayyyyy back in the day before it was MSN Hotmail, was just Hotmail. Now I'd be ashamed to have hotmail.com at the end of my e-mail address. Or Napster in it's pure unfettered state. Such a bad ass prog in it's day, now they are pimping that evil cat for a gay ass pay service. It saddens me. TechTV's demise saddens me. G4 can lick my balls.

Wohoo! I'm a stupid fucking newbie! :)