G4techTV

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
nousentre

Post by nousentre » 23 Dec 2004 11:40

Justin wrote:G4techTV pisses me off. Here's a list of all the things i currently hate about it.
Kevin Pereira
Chi Lan Lieu
Those stupid G-Spot pop ups
I hate the new Screen Savers
I hate Martin Sargent and his stupid Unscrewed show
I hate Arena
I hate Cinematech
I hate Cheat
I hate G4TV
Other things i hate:
Those stupid Truth ads
I hate Robot Wars
I hate whatsherface. That MTV bitch.
I hate Tommy Tallarico
I hate G4techTV.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO TECHTV?!??!!!
The merger ruined that channel!!! I hate the new screensavers, wait what am i saying? I stopped watching that stupid show! Even stupid motherfuckers calling in had legit questions:
"Um, Yes, how can I set up a wireless network?"
now it's:
"Um yeah, how do you bring up a screensaver? They're so cute!"
or
"What's the difference between a blue mouse pad and a red mouse pad?"

What the Fuck? What do you call that? If a stupid motherfucker asked a simple network question what are you if you call in complaining that you can't get fluffy kittens on your desktop? What could possibly go below stupid motherfucker? A douche maybe?

And who watches Robot Wars?? I know I'm a geek but damn, . . . how much of a loser do you have to be to get a hard-on for robots slugging it out? You think people would have learned from "Battle Bots" being cancelled. That's why they show it at night, it sucks but it fills in the time gap.

As for "Unscrewed", the only thing that show is worth looking at is Laura Swish's tits.

To quote Justin: "I hate G4techTV"

Nadz169

Post by Nadz169 » 23 Dec 2004 12:14

Have you gone to there website yet its fucking useless

OriginX

Post by OriginX » 23 Dec 2004 13:45

A guy I know turned me onto TSS about a year ago. He didn't know much about tech and yet he watched, he even took notes. Then I finally got the show on satellite and I was very happy. Then they changed the times it was on, then the hosts were changed, then the hosts were fired. Then I got a little happy when the show was shot in L.A. and I thought I could go watch sometime. I thought the show was on it's way back up. I was wrong, so very wrong.
Me thinks that a moment of silence should be had for all those who lost their jobs and those who've whored themselves to the new shows.

Here's to all of those tech people who were fans and now have nothing but the discovery channel and their chopper shows.
(Of course has anyone seen the American Chopper cologne and video game? Utterly pathetic.)

Eddie

Post by Eddie » 23 Dec 2004 14:04

i heard this from a very reliable source.

this is no rumor, this is a fact. some time in Quarter 1 2005, G4techtv, will be known just as G4.

Quarter 3, 2005, Microsoft will buy tech tv, and begin a new network i believe called MStechtv. (something like that) Its supposed to be a network similar to the older tech tv days, or the ZDtv days.

The original techtv was owned by a high ranking microsoft employee untill comcast bought it, so this should be very good.

fuck comcast, u ruined a very good network and merged it with a failing network, to make one failure of a piece of shit. I turned on TSS for the first time in afew months over break, and WTF is this asian bitch and that queer from pulse doing on it? kevin and sarah packed up and moved from san fran just to be on TSS and theyve become some sort of back up hosts.

enough ranting, atleast techtv will return in 2005. untill then, fuck comcast, fuck g4. g4 sucks balls

Bartman387

Post by Bartman387 » 23 Dec 2004 14:20

poppinfresh wrote:OK, I am/was a devoted G4 TV fan before it became TechTV..I never watched TechTV because everytime I turned it on, it was Anime Unleashed..blecch!!  I loved Cinematech because it showed vids of games I hadn't played yet, and used to show previews of games to come out soon.  I love G4TV.com because T-Dub is freakin hot!!  Lately I am hatin on the channel though because when I turn it on I see Cinematech for games that were released in like 1994, Unscrewed(double-blechh!) , Robot Wars(WTF?!?!) and Anime Unleashed(That's what Anime On-Demand and Adult Swim is for).

I don't watch it half as much as I used to and like the rest of the board, it has become a channel that, if it got dumped tomorrow would not be missed by me, and I am a gamer(own PS2, GameCube, NES, SNES and Genesis and play MAME all the time, plus PC CDROM)....

That's my 2 cents... :angry:
G4 was never a good channel, it always sucked, and has had two decnt shows during its entire existence. Those two shows were Icons, but it seems that they only made 5 episodes because they always replay the same show over and over, and that gameshow they would replay from the 80's.

A perfect example of how stupid G4 is is the old logo for Sweat, their show devoted to sports games. It consisted of two heads, one was a skull, the other was an ogre of sorts and they both were wearing medievel helmets with spikes and had axes. NOW WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH SPORTS!!! If you ever saw that logo and still thought that G4 was a good channel you will probably win a Darwin award sooner or later.

P.S. You are an idiot, never post again!

super ninja dog

Post by super ninja dog » 23 Dec 2004 19:24

:omfg: my uncle works at G4, he got fired for trying to promote that bitch.

rory

Post by rory » 24 Dec 2004 00:20

I hate the changes too. I know what I know now because of TSS and Call for Help. It was definitely cool and both shows covered things you would never see any other place on TV. Now it went to crap. Its such a joke when Chi lan answers a live call or the other Kevin does the same. They always have to point the question toward Kevin Rose because he's the only one left on the show who knows anything.

decodernot

Post by decodernot » 24 Dec 2004 00:27

It is a shame that thay have prostituted this channel to nothing but gaming, repeat British robot show, and generally useless programming.

I really enjoyed Leo a few years back, and learned quite a bit from him (them).

Anyway, I just pass it by on the old sat guide....too fucking bad.

Happy Holidays!

onlyamereshadow

Post by onlyamereshadow » 24 Dec 2004 03:14

Red_Dwarf wrote:ANIME UNLEASHED crap, crap, crap Anime is so over!
I hate you now. :veryangry:

Red Dwarf < g4TechTV :fuckyou:

peacec

Post by peacec » 24 Dec 2004 10:57

Eddie wrote:i heard this from a very reliable source.

this is no rumor, this is a fact. some time in Quarter 1 2005, G4techtv, will be known just as G4.

Quarter 3, 2005, Microsoft will buy tech tv, and begin a new network i believe called MStechtv. (something like that) Its supposed to be a network similar to the older tech tv days, or the ZDtv days.

The original techtv was owned by a high ranking microsoft employee untill comcast bought it, so this should be very good.

fuck comcast, u ruined a very good network and merged it with a failing network, to make one failure of a piece of shit. I turned on TSS for the first time in afew months over break, and WTF is this asian bitch and that queer from pulse doing on it? kevin and sarah packed up and moved from san fran just to be on TSS and theyve become some sort of back up hosts.

enough ranting, atleast techtv will return in 2005. untill then, fuck comcast, fuck g4. g4 sucks balls

At least someone else remembers when it was ZDTV. In my opinion that is when the channel was at its best.

Bartman387

Post by Bartman387 » 24 Dec 2004 14:43

peacec wrote:At least someone else remembers when it was ZDTV. In my opinion that is when the channel was at its best.
I remember those days, it was great back then. Remember Xplay(it had a different name back then), it was hosted by Adam Sessler and a chick that was somehow more annoying than him!

The best thing about ZDTC was that they had almost no commercials and the few they did have were just promos for the channel itself. Man, those were the days!

Woozle

Post by Woozle » 24 Dec 2004 15:02

The only show I do enjoy on this lame G4 channel is ICONS. I hate that show CHEAT and I hate that tool of a host with a passion. :bah:

AntZ

Post by AntZ » 24 Dec 2004 17:19

This rant makes me extremely glad that I live in Oz. TechTV gets taken completely off the air in a weeks time and after that I will only have memories of good The Screen Savers, Call For Help and X-Play episodes (we hadn't gotten around to a complete g4 tech tv takeover yet) though we are suffering through Cinematech, Cheat and Sweat.

NoMSG4u

Post by NoMSG4u » 24 Dec 2004 22:03

i'd like to introduce you to a few friends of mine. fubar, this:
is a remote control.

if you can't afford one, here's another friend of mine, this:
is a dial (we don't talk much) :lol:
Last edited by NoMSG4u on 24 Dec 2004 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

DeathBeforeDesigner
Location: I don't know, it's kind of warm and dark and if I move this way I feel something really warm

Post by DeathBeforeDesigner » 25 Dec 2004 06:58

I agree completely!