The Boondock Saints

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Justin

Post by Justin » 28 Dec 2004 01:29

the[Hitman] wrote:Stick to looking at underage boobs and stay out of the movie reviewing circuit.
You wouldn't know a good fucking movie if it bit you in the ass.
boondock saints still sucks. sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks. sucks.

joemizzle

Post by joemizzle » 28 Dec 2004 02:30

I don't trust any GUY who would rather watch Titanic over Boondock Saints. Yes, Boondock Saints tried to cash in on the Pulp Fiction frenzy, but it still was a good movie. Bad acting? Willem Dafoe was awesome in it!! I hadn't seen Boondock Saints until recently and I had heard both sides of it... it was really good and it sucks really bad. I wound up enjoying it quite a bit. Is it the best movie ever? No. But is it a witty, fun, entertaining tale about two guys taking out bad guys? Yes.

There's something about Boondock Saints if Justin felt the need to write a whole post about it... it just gets to people. Ha Ha.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 28 Dec 2004 03:21

joemizzle wrote: Yes, Boondock Saints tried to cash in on the Pulp Fiction frenzy, but it still was a good movie.
<span style='color:blue'>What??? :huh:

Pulp Fiction (1994)
The Boondock Saints (1999)

Didn't realize there was still a "frenzy" surrounding Pulp five years after it hit the theaters. Interesting... :rolleyes: </span>

Justin

Post by Justin » 28 Dec 2004 03:22

until i hear all of you admit that titanic is a GREAT movie (WHICH BY THE WAY, MADE $1,845,034,000 WORLDWIDE AND WON 11 OSCARS), i can say the boondock saints sucks all i want. boondock saints sucks!
Last edited by Justin on 28 Dec 2004 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

Son of Suzy Creamcheese

Post by Son of Suzy Creamcheese » 28 Dec 2004 04:28

Justin wrote:until i hear all of you admit that titanic is a GREAT movie (WHICH BY THE WAY, MADE $1,845,034,000 WORLDWIDE AND WON 11 OSCARS), i can say the boondock saints sucks all i want. boondock saints sucks!
Who the fuck cares how much it grossed or how many peice of shit oscars a movie won. That isnt what makes a movie good. Boondock Saints was a fantastic movie no matter what you try to say is bad about it your wrong. Titanic was the worst peice of shit to ever hit the movie theatre. When I wasted my money on this I fell asleep right after you see Kate Winslet naked and right after the ship started breaking apart (only 2 good scenes in the entire movie). I later on went back and watched the whole thing. One word: HORRIBLE.

the[Hitman]

Post by the[Hitman] » 28 Dec 2004 05:10

Justin wrote:<!--QuoteBegin-the[Hitman+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the[Hitman)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->,Dec 27 2004, 12:15 PM]Stick to looking at underage boobs and stay out of the movie reviewing circuit.
You wouldn't know a good fucking movie if it bit you in the ass.
boondock saints still sucks. sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks. sucks.

[/quote]

Good to see we are being mature about this.

Anyone who liked Titanic either lacks a penis or needs their head read.

Justin

Post by Justin » 28 Dec 2004 05:38

Titanic was a fantastic movie no matter what you try to say is bad about it your wrong. Boondock Saints was the worst peice of shit to ever hit the movie theatre. One word: HORRIBLE.

joemizzle

Post by joemizzle » 28 Dec 2004 05:50

AngelBaby wrote:
joemizzle wrote: Yes, Boondock Saints tried to cash in on the Pulp Fiction frenzy, but it still was a good movie.

Pulp Fiction (1994)

Didn't realize there was still a "frenzy" surrounding Pulp five years after it hit the theaters. Interesting... :rolleyes: </span>
Really? You didn't think Pulp Fiction still had an impact five years later?? There weren't movies made from 1994-1999 that weren't Pulp Fiction inspired? Really? Let's think, shall we??

Pulp Fiction (1994)
Usual Suspects (1995)
Two Days in the Valley (1996)
Suicide Kings (1997)
Thursday (1998)
Go (1999)
Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels (1999)
Boondock Saints (1999)

Shall I go on?? :fuckyou:

Son of Suzy Creamcheese

Post by Son of Suzy Creamcheese » 28 Dec 2004 07:17

Justin wrote:Titanic was a fantastic movie no matter what you try to say is bad about it your wrong. Boondock Saints was the worst peice of shit to ever hit the movie theatre. One word: HORRIBLE.
No.

Ol Dirty Bastid

Post by Ol Dirty Bastid » 28 Dec 2004 08:23

joemizzle wrote:
AngelBaby wrote:

Pulp Fiction (1994)

Really? You didn't think Pulp Fiction still had an impact five years later?? There weren't movies made from 1994-1999 that weren't Pulp Fiction inspired? Really? Let's think, shall we??

Pulp Fiction (1994)
Usual Suspects (1995)
Suicide Kings (1997)
Thursday (1998)
Go (1999)
Boondock Saints (1999)

If by "Pulp Fiction Inspired" you mean "Made after Pulp Fiction" then I agree.

Mastadge

Post by Mastadge » 28 Dec 2004 11:43

I rather liked THE BOONDOCK SAINTS. Not the best movie ever, but I adored Willem Dafoe's over-the-top performance, I love the cat scene, and I thought it was generally pretty funny, particularly the ridiculous action sequences.

the[Hitman]

Post by the[Hitman] » 28 Dec 2004 12:29

Justin wrote:Titanic was a fantastic movie no matter what you try to say is bad about it your wrong. Boondock Saints was the worst peice of shit to ever hit the movie theatre. One word: HORRIBLE.
You read Harlequin romances and get wet when the guy gets the girl don't you?

You obviously have a vagina. Just admit it and let this end.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 28 Dec 2004 13:58

joemizzle wrote:
AngelBaby wrote:

Pulp Fiction (1994)

Pulp Fiction (1994)
Usual Suspects (1995)
Suicide Kings (1997)
Thursday (1998)
Go (1999)
Boondock Saints (1999)

<span style='color:blue'>Learn to read, douche. :veryangry:

I didn't say Pulp Fiction didn't have any "impact" five years after its release, cause that would be pretty stupid, as you so adroitly pointed out. What I said was that I didn't think there was still a "frenzy" regarding PF five years later, which there wasn't. :rolleyes:

Clear it up any for you? <_< </span>

haujimm

Post by haujimm » 28 Dec 2004 18:36

Interesting. i enjoyed Boondock Saints....AND Titanic.
How can one person be "cool" , and yet a "douche" at the same time?
It seems that this argument really has no merit. As justin points out, the scenes in BS are over the top, crazy camera angled..and the dialogue is either hit or miss.

This is just one of those films that people enjoy, or they dont.

Hauj®

Observant

Post by Observant » 28 Dec 2004 20:03

Makes me wonder why you all instead chose to attack the less refined argument that Boondock Saints was a bit too Pulp Fiction-y for it's own good and attacked "joemizzle" or whomever that fuck is when Mao made a very excellent point:

Being possibly the second best film in the 90's (the first, Goodfellas, having a tremendous impact on it) Pulp Fiction still has a lot of direct impact on cinema. Many films after Pulp Fiction have attempted to emulate it's mismatched timeline, absence of a clear narrator/lead character, and most notibly, style. The problem with this is that Pulp FIction is an extremely well written/acted/directed film in the case of the above mentioned list, all of these other films lack either one, two or in most cases all of these things with the Boondock Saints being the latter.

Translation: It's a piece of shit and you know it.
Last edited by Observant on 28 Dec 2004 20:03, edited 1 time in total.