Alias/Hi Res Jennifer Garner

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Thalia

Post by Thalia » 06 Jan 2005 02:16

Bearo wrote:It was interesting to see Ricky Gervais in a serious acting role
Ricky Gervais was in it?! Now this I have to see, despite never watching Alias before in my life.

Dex

Post by Dex » 06 Jan 2005 02:27

I've watched all the episodes of Alias on DVD..

And YES.. season 3 is pure shit.

In fact.. I loved season 1, easily one of the best shows ever made. And season 2 was almost as good.. but season 3.. I havn't even finished watching, even though I own the box set. I got it the DAY it came out.

I think I'll just take my time watching season 3.. and maybe RENT season 4 when it comes out. Unless I hear otherwise.

FranklinJohnson

Post by FranklinJohnson » 06 Jan 2005 02:39

JaPeX wrote:*mumble* square-jawed piece of *grumble* manly *mumble* manmeat *grumble*
YES! CAPTAIN DIRK SQUAREJAW TO THE RESCUE!!!!

stucco

Post by stucco » 06 Jan 2005 05:05

before she got her horrible breast augmentation
Yeah, she should have gone bigger.

dreezy

Post by dreezy » 06 Jan 2005 05:54

hilary swank with more make up oh sweet

SigmundFrodo

Post by SigmundFrodo » 06 Jan 2005 07:25

Boob job? What boob job? She often has Wonderbra-type bras on during the show... never really seen anything that would make me think she had a boob job. She's gorgeous as is! :wub:

JaPeX

Post by JaPeX » 06 Jan 2005 07:46

dreezy wrote:hilary swank with more make up oh sweet
Haha... so true, so true! They are like the SQUAREJAW brothers.

AlphaPrime

Post by AlphaPrime » 06 Jan 2005 07:53

Jesus.. how much more can they dumb down the show?? They already did it once when they got rid of SD-6 and killed the whole double/triple agent angles.

So now we're left with a straight good guy vs. bad guy show and they STILL need to dumb it down some more?!?!

Ahh well.. it was good while it lasted.. good thing there's still 24... dun worry alias fans, I'm sure J.J. will keep you stringing along by never ending the rambaldi thread...

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 06 Jan 2005 07:54

Justin wrote:Although i hear they're sort of starting from scratch with this fourth season. Apparently season 3 got way too convoluted for it's own good, with all the storylines it carried over from the first two seasons and whatnot. I guess it became too hardcore for casual viewers. So they're essentially resetting the show for it's fourth season and making it newb friendly.
<span style='color:blue'>Justin pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

I've read that creator J.J. Abrams wants to return the show to its spy vs. spy roots and ease back on the whole Rimbaldi mystical artifacts angle. I for one am VERY glad, as the 3rd season didn't hold a candle to the first two.

Can't wait for the 2-hour premiere tonight! :) </span>

mikesisgod

Post by mikesisgod » 06 Jan 2005 08:40

lost aint too bad right before it either. and yeah, they KEEP dumbing alias down more every year stretching for damn ratings.

has anyone ever sent justin pictures of evangeline lilly? she's way hotter than jennifer garner.

iamthedevil60

Post by iamthedevil60 » 06 Jan 2005 08:42

Quote by JG from Alias that I shall remember fer a long time to come...

"What was wrong with the black one??"

:rolleyes:

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 06 Jan 2005 08:56

AlphaPrime wrote:Jesus.. how much more can they dumb down the show?? They already did it once when they got rid of SD-6 and killed the whole double/triple agent angles.

So now we're left with a straight good guy vs. bad guy show and they STILL need to dumb it down some more?!?!

Ahh well.. it was good while it lasted.. good thing there's still 24... dun worry alias fans, I'm sure J.J. will keep you stringing along by never ending the rambaldi thread...
<span style='color:blue'>24???

Don't make me laugh...it's just as bad as the 3rd season of Alias. :bah:

I quit watching last season as soon as they asked me to believe that Jack Bauer's stupid daughter (while very hot), went from being a nanny to being some crack computer whiz who could hack through high level security at CTU. This is the same bimbette who got chased by a cougar the season before? Puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Jack was addicted to smack. Dumb. <_< </span>

Justin

Post by Justin » 06 Jan 2005 10:29

alphaprime, good going with the spoiler warning. asshole.
JENNIFER GARNER'S EX-LOVE GOES CAR-AZY

And her new love Ben Affleck is to blame

Bad blood's been simmering between "Alias" co-stars Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan since the sudden end of their sizzling romance in June -- which is why Michael EXPLODED when he unexpectedly dropped by the set on a day off and found his private parking space occupied by a car belonging to Jennifer's new real-life leading man . . .

Ben Affleck, the man who'd replaced him in her heart! It was the latest bitter pill Michael's had to swallow since he and Jennifer -- once so hot and heavy they reportedly bought a $1.6 million house together -- underwent their unhappy breakup this summer . . . then, in cruel irony, were forced to endure passionate onscreen kissing scenes as the script plunged them into a red-hot affair!

So when Michael saw an alien car in his space, he stormed into the production office and bellowed, "WHO the hell is in my parking space?" Angered when told it was Ben's car, Michael totally freaked when a not-so-swift security guard asked helpfully, "Do you want me to park your car somewhere else?"

Eyes blazing, the star ordered: MOVE HIS CAR . . . NOW! Moments later, the security guard rushed outside and parked Ben's car in another space. Ben then tried to apologize to Jennifer's ex, explaining he'd been told he wouldn't be working that day.

Michael gave Jen's Ben an icy stare and snarled, "Don't ever park in my space again!"
Last edited by Justin on 06 Jan 2005 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

Tora_Torrance

Post by Tora_Torrance » 06 Jan 2005 11:43

Not Interested.

I don't know why but I don't find her that attractive. Am I the only one?

Burrito

Post by Burrito » 06 Jan 2005 12:09

Yeah, I like a girl that can kick ass. And, her body is smokin'. But....

MAN FACE!!!!!!