Mac Mini

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Post Reply
Bartman387
Posts: 422
Joined: 30 Oct 2004 13:46
Location: Minneapolis
Contact:

Post by Bartman387 » 13 Jan 2005 02:39

Pottemeat you probably need to shut the fuck up!

In my last post I said I was unfamiliar with flash players, I figured they were all similar to the iShuffle, but Apple was just capitalizing the shuffle function.

After earthtoandys informative post I realized that most other flashes have LCD screens, leading to bulk and increased cost. I've never shopped for or looked at flash players, I love my ipod tremendous 15 gigs, so I was unaware of this. I figured most probably did not have screens.

Thanks earthtoandy!

Fuck off pottemeat!

earthtoandy
Posts: 25
Joined: 20 Jun 2004 03:42

Post by earthtoandy » 13 Jan 2005 02:58

heh no prob...besides it my job, literally.

but sometimes it can be hard to grasp the Apple vision and the reason is sometimes they take something seemingly mainstream but revolutionize it through philosophy and not always something as obvious as hardware. Apple is ALL about innovation.

I cant freakin wait for Tiger! This is gonna blow EVERYTHING away.
Last edited by earthtoandy on 13 Jan 2005 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

JordanSnowSucks
Posts: 1233
Joined: 03 Aug 2004 12:32
Location: 15 00 S, 140 00 W

Post by JordanSnowSucks » 13 Jan 2005 03:08

I think its hot.

hardcore_2031
Posts: 3
Joined: 06 Dec 2004 22:05
Location: wisconsin
Contact:

Post by hardcore_2031 » 13 Jan 2005 03:19

jimthej00 wrote:i already have a supercomputer (trumps any alienware cuz i made it) but it would be cool to have that little mac hooked up to my bigscreen tv. i could mess around with osx and jaguar, itunes, iphoto, imovie, and look at hi res pr0n on my TV! and it's like the size of my dreamcast! too cool! id put a bunch of mp3s and porn on it, starting with my entire collection of hi res celebs, ending with my porn vid clips. oo i can't wait, but maybe i should spend that money on a new monitor, my 17 inch crt is getting dead pixels, and the contrast has gotten darker.
Is anyone else scratching their head after this post? Dead pixels on a CRT? There are no set pixels on a CRT, it's just a cathode ray firing against the back of the screen. CRT = no native pixels, no native resolution. Your monitor may be fucked up but you do not have dead pixels. What a fucking dumbshit.

AngelBaby
Posts: 1075
Joined: 29 Sep 2004 11:36
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Post by AngelBaby » 13 Jan 2005 03:21

hardcore_2031 wrote:
jimthej00 wrote:i already have a supercomputer (trumps any alienware cuz i made it) but it would be cool to have that little mac hooked up to my bigscreen tv. i could mess around with osx and jaguar, itunes, iphoto, imovie, and look at hi res pr0n on my TV! and it's like the size of my dreamcast! too cool! id put a bunch of mp3s and porn on it, starting with my entire collection of hi res celebs, ending with my porn vid clips. oo i can't wait, but maybe i should spend that money on a new monitor, my 17 inch crt is getting dead pixels, and the contrast has gotten darker.
Is anyone else scratching their head after this post? Dead pixels on a CRT? There are no set pixels on a CRT, it's just a cathode ray firing against the back of the screen. CRT = no native pixels, no native resolution. Your monitor may be fucked up but you do not have dead pixels. What a fucking dumbshit.
<span style='color:blue'>omg, that is like, so...HARDCORE!! :veryangry: </span>

Rocket Rion
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 Oct 2004 20:31

Post by Rocket Rion » 14 Jan 2005 08:49

Apple is so incredible. No one makes computers and electronics and software like them now. Suck it, Microsoft and Dell!

Bob Marley
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Nov 2004 09:43

Post by Bob Marley » 14 Jan 2005 11:23

hardcore_2031 wrote:
jimthej00 wrote:i already have a supercomputer (trumps any alienware cuz i made it) but it would be cool to have that little mac hooked up to my bigscreen tv. i could mess around with osx and jaguar, itunes, iphoto, imovie, and look at hi res pr0n on my TV! and it's like the size of my dreamcast! too cool! id put a bunch of mp3s and porn on it, starting with my entire collection of hi res celebs, ending with my porn vid clips. oo i can't wait, but maybe i should spend that money on a new monitor, my 17 inch crt is getting dead pixels, and the contrast has gotten darker.
Is anyone else scratching their head after this post? Dead pixels on a CRT? There are no set pixels on a CRT, it's just a cathode ray firing against the back of the screen. CRT = no native pixels, no native resolution. Your monitor may be fucked up but you do not have dead pixels. What a fucking dumbshit.
Try looking closer at a CRT. Those little rectangles? Pixels. Maybe not like you see in an LCD, but similar none the less.

And for those of you loving the Mac Mini, check the specs on Tiger. Nothing like buying a machine that you know won't run all the features of their next OS...

dueces4life
Posts: 238
Joined: 18 Nov 2004 13:59

Post by dueces4life » 14 Jan 2005 12:57

I love just the looks of all of Apples products, everything is just so clean and well defined. I really hope a G5 is some where in the works though.

ruprechtjones
Posts: 243
Joined: 23 Jul 2004 10:45
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by ruprechtjones » 14 Jan 2005 15:23

Bob Marley wrote:Try looking closer at a CRT.  Those little rectangles?  Pixels.  Maybe not like you see in an LCD, but similar none the less. 

And for those of you loving the Mac Mini, check the specs on Tiger.  Nothing like buying a machine that you know won't run all the features of their next OS...
If you've got dead pixels on a CRT, either your video card is seriously fucked up or, if your mesh within the CRT somehow got corroded or fused, you'd see a blurred black spot. To repeat the other bloke, CRT = no native pixels, no native resolution. Learn your monitor technology.
Last edited by ruprechtjones on 15 Jan 2005 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

earthtoandy
Posts: 25
Joined: 20 Jun 2004 03:42

Post by earthtoandy » 15 Jan 2005 13:01

Bob Marley wrote:And for those of you loving the Mac Mini, check the specs on Tiger.&nbsp; Nothing like buying a machine that you know won't run all the features of their next OS...
have you seem the primlimanary specs for "Longhorn" not many machines now will handle that well... of course thats not coming out for at least a couple years so i guess there is nothing to worry about.

I get a free 1gig iPod Shuffle:D I rule.

onlyamereshadow
Posts: 929
Joined: 05 Jul 2004 15:34
Location: Boynton, FL
Contact:

Post by onlyamereshadow » 15 Jan 2005 13:24

Longhorn? Oh. You mean the next level of microsoft stealing mac ideas. I get you now.

earthtoandy
Posts: 25
Joined: 20 Jun 2004 03:42

Post by earthtoandy » 15 Jan 2005 14:27

and they will simply be trying to catch up but tiger will blow it away. They are attempting some Tiger features but they will blow. This could be the moment things begin to completely change. People are starting to see through the Microsoft bullshit.

Bartman387
Posts: 422
Joined: 30 Oct 2004 13:46
Location: Minneapolis
Contact:

Post by Bartman387 » 15 Jan 2005 17:21

Tiger?? Longhorn?? I'm lost... Help!

ruprechtjones
Posts: 243
Joined: 23 Jul 2004 10:45
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by ruprechtjones » 15 Jan 2005 17:28

Bartman387 wrote:Tiger?? Longhorn?? I'm lost... Help!
Simple:

You have some Longhorn Steer grazing away in the meadow. A Tiger 1/3 it's size leaps out and bites the shit out of it, making it it's bitch. The Longhorn lies bleeding whilst the Tiger struts its stuff. However, the Longhorn blindsides the Tiger by unleashing &#036;6 Billion worth of lawyers and marketing firms; they attack from all sides.

Suddenly your grandmother is telling you how much stronger the Longhorn is than the Tiger. Despite the fact that it chews cud and has no claws. And it's 3 years late. And it's copying all the other animals (penguin now included).

This is your Longhorn, and he chews cud like a motherfucker.

AngelBaby
Posts: 1075
Joined: 29 Sep 2004 11:36
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Post by AngelBaby » 16 Jan 2005 03:55

ruprechtjones wrote:
Bartman387 wrote:Tiger?? Longhorn?? I'm lost... Help!
Simple:

You have some Longhorn Steer grazing away in the meadow. A Tiger 1/3 it's size leaps out and bites the shit out of it, making it it's bitch. The Longhorn lies bleeding whilst the Tiger struts its stuff. However, the Longhorn blindsides the Tiger by unleashing &#036;6 Billion worth of lawyers and marketing firms; they attack from all sides.

Suddenly your grandmother is telling you how much stronger the Longhorn is than the Tiger. Despite the fact that it chews cud and has no claws. And it's 3 years late. And it's copying all the other animals (penguin now included).

This is your Longhorn, and he chews cud like a motherfucker.
<span style='color:blue'>Never heard a better explanation in my life...

Classic! :lol: </span>

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests