I Miss Making Out

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
eve

Post by eve » 30 Jan 2005 11:22

I have to ramble on a bit before I get to the point. The boy and I watched a movie that he picked up (for me). Some crap teen flick, not all bad, some laughing was involved. I was a little disappointed that his version of 'my kind of movie' slash chick flick was so ... teenish. Afterwards I quickly put the DVD away as to avoid having to see any more smiling happy faces. I generally don't enjoy films with a >17 rating.

A video came on while I was surfing - Naked Lunch "God", which is basically, IMHO, a Pink Floyd/Rammstein rip. I was reading <a href='http://monmouth.blogspot.com' target='_blank'>Rentboy Diaries</a> and <a href='http://girlwithaonetrackmind.blogspot.com' target='_blank'>Girl With a One-Track Mind</a> among other things. And as with any sex blog, there has to be a rehashing of the first sexual encounter.

I guess it was the lethal mix of teenie entertainment paired with reminiscent music that brought me back to my teen years and the early dating / sexual experimentation that followed. It dawned on my that I really miss just making out. What happened to getting totally wet, electrified, red-lipped, blanket-tossing making out sessions without sex? I have something that a lot of women would want, I have my sweety the whole day, morning to night. The term 'sweety' in reference to 'morning' and 'night' is used loosely. 24h companionship doesn't make me want to call him or anyone sweety anymore. I never have the chance to miss him. We wake up together, we go to work together, we come home together, we sleep together.

The excitement in missing someone and having to wait for the work day to end to see that special person is over with. There is zero excitement now. I can make a list of possible things he will eat and/or drink in the morning. I know every gesture, every movement. It is a very routine life. When I ask him what he'd like to do on the weekend I already know what places he will suggest. It's only in bed, I worry if he's going to pull one of his new kama sutra inspired freak positions and I'm going to have some kind of nasty muscle ache the next day. That's about as spontaneous as it gets.

That brings me back to the real point - I miss being single. If not single, then not so at-the-hip attached. Just making out, that's what I miss the most.

The Colonel

Post by The Colonel » 30 Jan 2005 11:26

Get used to it or leave now. It will never change. This is why I am newly single after being in a three year relationship. Sucks being single though and not having that person who knows you in and out to talk to. Life is unfair. God is cruel.

michlersoft

Post by michlersoft » 30 Jan 2005 11:29

I make out with my hand.

irlpenske

Post by irlpenske » 30 Jan 2005 11:30

:cry: I agree with you about the being single thing, it sucks :cry:

eve

Post by eve » 30 Jan 2005 11:32

Colonel, just because the excitement is gone doesn't mean the relationship is bad. People usually stay together because they are compatible, they find some security with each other and hope to be able to stand each other until death do them part. Marriage or long-term relationships have little to do with excitement or butterflies in your stomach.

Edit: The point is not that the relationship is boring (just routine). The point is that I miss making out.
Last edited by eve on 30 Jan 2005 11:33, edited 1 time in total.

The Colonel

Post by The Colonel » 30 Jan 2005 11:39

I'm compatible with my dog, doesn't mean I should marry it. I may have an overly idealistic view of marriage but my parents, married for 35 + years still have that excitement. Granted I don't see them making out like teenagers at that mall, but they do on occasion carry on like that. If you want it Eve, why settle for a guy who doesn't?
Last edited by The Colonel on 30 Jan 2005 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

JRSiebz

Post by JRSiebz » 30 Jan 2005 12:02

what's this thing you mention... a girl. What exactly is one of those?
Last edited by JRSiebz on 30 Jan 2005 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Titleist

Post by Titleist » 30 Jan 2005 12:21

If you can honestly say that you don't mind waking up next to this person for the rest of your life, you're luckier than most. I totally know what you're getting at, but the honeymoon phase is just that...a phase. It doesn't last forever. You either have to decide to be okay with that or you can be single and make out with other people. But even that gets old. So basically, you need to decide if you're at a point in life that you'd be okay settling downand if not, move on. Do you have fun with him for the majority of the time? IF the bad outweighs the good, then go find someone else. Hope that helps you out a bit.

davved

Post by davved » 30 Jan 2005 13:11

i miss going to the movies and not remembering what movie i had just watched when i came out..

and holding hands in 7th grade. those were the days.

edit: ooh ooh and dodgeball in gym, especially pegging the girl you liked in the face repeatedly
Last edited by davved on 30 Jan 2005 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

kvl

Post by kvl » 30 Jan 2005 14:06

michlersoft wrote:I make out with my hand.
OMG, so do I!!!!! :omfg:

The Colonel

Post by The Colonel » 30 Jan 2005 15:03

Titleist wrote:...you need to decide if you're at a point in life that you'd be okay settling down and if not, move on...
there is a reason why they call it Settling Down If it were a good thing it would be called settling up. Settle can not be used in a sentence and meant in a good way.

and Samantha...I love to make out :mellow:
Last edited by The Colonel on 30 Jan 2005 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

kwebber

Post by kwebber » 30 Jan 2005 16:27

Being single doesn't really suck. I'm single, and I'm fine with it. If some woman comes around that I connect with then fine, if it doesn't happen any time soon, then that's fine too. I get some action every once it a while, not as often as I would like, but just enough to take the edge off. But at least I'm not in a relationship where I'm cheating, because that's bullshit. Rather than cheat, it's better for all concerned to get out of the relationship first. It may be tough to do, but it's better in the long run. It fucking sucks being the one who's being cheated on.
As for missing the excitement of a new relationship, try spending a little time apart, rather than every second of every day together. Get a hobby, find a pub to go have a drink at, or hang out with friends, whatever, a little time apart, because like the old cliche says, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Just a suggestion, take that for what it's worth.

Woozle

Post by Woozle » 30 Jan 2005 17:04

kwebber wrote:like the old cliche says, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
I thought it was absinthe :huh:

BrainDMG

Post by BrainDMG » 30 Jan 2005 17:19

Thanks Eve, for bringing GirlWithOneTrackMind to my attention, something to while away the time... and see what goes on through some girls mind.

gradyalmond

Post by gradyalmond » 30 Jan 2005 18:44

So why don't you just make out with him? Or tell him to make out with you? Or anything more constructive and emotionally honest than complaining about things on the internet?