Hi Res Avril Lavigne

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
kvl

Post by kvl » 12 Jul 2004 01:48

It's a bad fake. It has already been proven to be fake in the babes forum.

(B)Beer(B)

Post by (B)Beer(B) » 12 Jul 2004 10:08

How about this <a href='http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_p ... ews1.shtml' target='_blank'>news account</a> from a british tabloid?

Eric

Post by Eric » 12 Jul 2004 11:41

(B )Beer(B ) wrote:How about this <a href='http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_p ... ews1.shtml' target='_blank'>news account</a> from a british tabloid?
This was posted in the link dump forum earlier today

<a href='http:///board/index.php?showtopic=886' target='_blank'>the existing thread</a>
Last edited by Eric on 12 Jul 2004 11:42, edited 1 time in total.

Purge

Post by Purge » 12 Jul 2004 11:48

(B)Beer(B) wrote: How about this <a href='http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_p ... ews1.shtml' target='_blank'>news account</a> from a british tabloid?
We'd married just after 4am and by 7am we knew we had to phone our families. It was horrendous.

"Britney phoned her mum and I heard Lynne screaming back at her. She went nuts.

"Her brother rang and I spoke to him. He talked about annulment. I didn't know what the word meant so I didn't say anything.

I know TONS of guys from deep down south that talk like that.... say Mum, phoned, rang.... or not.

Stupid brits makin shit up. :veryangry:

EvilYeti

Post by EvilYeti » 12 Jul 2004 12:42

Sweet. I'm glad others are into the strung out heroin-addict white-trash look as well, Avril is our queen! :wub:

Thalia

Post by Thalia » 12 Jul 2004 15:44

Purge wrote: I know TONS of guys from deep down south that talk like that.... say Mum, phoned, rang.... or not.

Stupid brits makin shit up.&nbsp; :veryangry:
Or maybe the News of the World has changed his words so the cretins who read their tabloid can understand what he is saying, in case they can't translate American words into British ones.
Funny story though!

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 15 Jul 2004 08:52

jimthej00

Post by jimthej00 » 15 Jul 2004 11:18

posted on the fight club game forums by KingCthulu:

"I'm sure this message will most likely be moderated in the "better interests" of the game company, as this is not really a free forum. If it does, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Nonetheless, this game is nothing short of a complete outrage and absolute atrocity. Not only do the makers of this game have NO clue whatsoever what the point of Fight Club was, they are actually creating the very monstrosity the book warned against. This is corporate greed at its worst--marketing analysts raping fertile creative ground for "previously unmarketable sectors." I'm just floored that Chuck Palahniuk would even let a game like this exist, but at this point I highly doubt he had any choice in the matter, as someone probably bought the rights for it through the film company without consulting him at all. Obviously it's probably too late for this game to get canceled, as now everyone who didn't get the point of the movie is probably licking their lips in anticipation over the game. When an executive smells money, stopping them from finding it is about as difficult as stopping a train. You can't keep a greedy corporate whore away from his stash. I'll make one final plea: For anyone who knows what Fight Club is REALLY about, please BOYCOTT THIS GAME. If there's any human decency left, this will hopefully never hit store shelves. To the makers of this game: since you obviously did not get the point of the book, READ IT AGAIN. Then if you still don't get it, READ IT AGAIN. If you don't get it after that, you'll probably NEVER get it, and the book and movie were obviously not made for you."

there are a bunch of other posts like this one. King's was the best worded though.