Bad news?

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Purge

Post by Purge » 15 Jul 2004 15:01

Thats true, and a recording artist has a lot to do with it, mainly the RIAA is who I mean to target though. Celine was just an exaple.

For instance, Ansel Adams. I enjoy his work very much. I might one day look up his work on the net and post a copy in my online journal for all to see how much I appreciate his work. Ansel is still credited for his work, I have not gained anything for posting his work, I may even buy the print. Do I in any way take money away from Ansel Adams? Or by me posting his picture do I perhaps enhance the chance someone may also like the photo and buy a print.

The issue here is as simple as the terms and conditions posted above ( which when I posted I hadn't read but now I see it is very clear. they have every legal right to pursue a cease and desist on thier watermarked photos, I admit that, its thier right.)

Its the internet plain and simple, you will not stop the pictures from getting spread around. If they don't want that to happen, don't put them on the internet, plain and simple ( oh well its thier RIGHT to put it on the internet, yeah well its your RIGHT to sell diamonds on the side of the road with no protection, does that mean your going to do it? The main issue was this guy was selling thier copyrighted material. Thats wrong, but to bust those like justin, well thats just ignorant.

Creepy Bob

Post by Creepy Bob » 15 Jul 2004 15:08

Oh don't get me wrong I love the High Pore pictures, I just agree with them if they want them taken down. I also hate it when people try and argue a point they have no knowledge on by using obscenities to get a point across. They must think no one will argue with them if they say fuck every couple of words. Of course this is only an observation; I am no psychiatrist.

jimthej00

Post by jimthej00 » 15 Jul 2004 19:25

they have a point anking them from the freeloader sites, but this is a major bummer for us fubars.

JoeShmo

Post by JoeShmo » 15 Jul 2004 20:36

removed
Last edited by JoeShmo on 23 Jul 2004 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

BrainDMG

Post by BrainDMG » 16 Jul 2004 01:50

Bob wrote: There is a difference in yahoo and somone taking high res pictures that someone else photographed and has on a paysite and selling them on ebay.
The problem is that they should be going after the guys who are selling the pics, not after everyone. Its going from one extreme to another...

zebra

Post by zebra » 16 Jul 2004 02:38

damn the man!!!

yet another example of corporate america stepping on the people.

if anyone's interested in stopping this type of opression, check out the <a href='http://www.eff.org' target='_blank'>Electronic Frontier Foundation</a> website.

in the mean time, thank god justin is around to provide us w/ tastey images of angelina jolie, et. al!
Last edited by zebra on 16 Jul 2004 02:39, edited 1 time in total.

VashtheStampede

Post by VashtheStampede » 16 Jul 2004 05:35

Does anyone have the user name of the fleabay user who tried to sell the pics? I'd like to send him a hi res picture of the pores on my ass for screwing us all out of some sweet shots. Jackass!

Knomad

Post by Knomad » 16 Jul 2004 13:45

yup, not long now until corporations own the rights to everyones collective asses,, this is getting rediculous now,, there fucking pictures,..... everyone fucking takes them, holy shit.

i blame lars ulrich from metalica for starting all of this shit when he started to bitch about napster, i say we start by stringing that bastard up by his balls(if that fags got any) and beat him like a fucking pinata on cinco de may.... who is with me?
Last edited by Knomad on 16 Jul 2004 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

exactly

Post by exactly » 16 Jul 2004 22:35

Here's what bugs me. I understand why companies get ticked about people making money off their product (like selling their pic on ebay). So I understand why Bob is saying what he's saying. However, most people who download pics (or music for that matter) would never pay for them in the first place. No publication, which normally pay for pics, would risk publishing downloaded pics w/o paying for them. They'd get their pants sued off them. Most of us love the HQ pics of our favorite celebs, but I'd bet none of us are willing to pay for them. So all they're doing is pissing off us (the fans) and our downloading of the pics aren't costing them any profits.

JoeShmo

Post by JoeShmo » 17 Jul 2004 03:51

removed
Last edited by JoeShmo on 23 Jul 2004 03:17, edited 1 time in total.