Anticipation in a new relationship

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 23 Feb 2006 05:21

Ah, yes...Spring is just around the corner and it is a time a time of rejuvenation, blossoming flowers and young love. We've all been there - you've just started a new relationship with someone and you're at that stage where you know that things are starting to move forward. Maybe it is your first date, maybe it is your second. You just know that the rapid thumping in your chest, the sweaty hands and your shallow breathing means that you are really excited for something to happen.

So which is your favorite 'first' with this new person? The first hand hold and you walked alone in silence? The first kiss and how awkward and thrilling it was when you leaned in for it? In fact, there are probably numerous 'firsts' that happen that either make you excited or that you can look back on fondly. What is your favorite? And if you've got one give an example.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 23 Feb 2006 07:20

Mine is the first laugh we share. A joke her and I find to be equally humorous. My girlfriend and I have the same odd humor so it made me feel comfortable around her. I believe if you can enjoy the same humor, things will fall into place.. thats been a big problem for me in my past relationships is that the girl never enjoys what I find funny.

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » 23 Feb 2006 08:55

Ugh. Flowers. Hand holding.

Bullshit.

I actually like the first time they openly disagree with what I'm saying. If someone I'm dating has the guts to tell me that they think I'm full of shit, it means that they feel comfortable enough to say what they think and the relationship is past the point where stupid little differences are going to tear it apart.

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 23 Feb 2006 09:08

Clarissa wrote:I actually like the first time they openly disagree with what I'm saying. If someone I'm dating has the guts to tell me that they think I'm full of shit, it means that they feel comfortable enough to say what they think and the relationship is past the point where stupid little differences are going to tear it apart.
Clare, shut the hell up. You're full of shit. I just farted near you.

Hold my hand.

I like the awkwardness of stealing glances from one another when you're really not sure of what the hell is going on. I'm staring at you, you're staring at me. How you doin'? Goofy ass smiles, turning away hoping the other person didn't notice - all things that lead up to the moment when you take that first step and say those first words to your prey...uh...

Otherwise, that first kiss is always a doozy. I like how light headed you get and how you feel like you're being mischievous.

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » 23 Feb 2006 09:11

puzzlehead wrote:
Clarissa wrote:I actually like the first time they openly disagree with what I'm saying. If someone I'm dating has the guts to tell me that they think I'm full of shit, it means that they feel comfortable enough to say what they think and the relationship is past the point where stupid little differences are going to tear it apart.
Clare, shut the hell up. You're full of shit. I just farted near you.

Hold my hand.
You are such a sweet man. :wub:

Can I feel up your wife now?

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 23 Feb 2006 09:12

<span style='color:blue'>I concur with Clare.

Except I like more than just mere disagreement...I look forward to that first real fight in a new relationship, after the honeymoon period is over. Tells you a lot about the person you have in your life.

Oh, and mmmmm...make-up sexing. Yumb. :wub: </span>

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 23 Feb 2006 09:13

Clarissa wrote:You are such a sweet man.  :wub:

I know your tricks! First you feel her up and the next thing you know is that you're pimping her out!

Ok.

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » 23 Feb 2006 09:15

puzzlehead wrote:
Clarissa wrote:You are such a sweet man.  :wub:

I know your tricks! First you feel her up and the next thing you know is that you're pimping her out!

Ok.
You know, I only did that one fucking time.

I really thought you would've gotten over it by now.

Way to hold a grudge.

Smash

Post by Smash » 23 Feb 2006 09:31

AngelBaby wrote:
<span style='color:blue'>I concur with Clare.

Except I like more than just mere disagreement...I look forward to that first real fight in a new relationship, after the honeymoon period is over. Tells you a lot about the person you have in your life.

Oh, and mmmmm...make-up sexing. Yumb. :wub: </span>

Product of my very broken home raising... I hate fights btwn significant others. I always expect them to be the 'end' fight.

:S

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 23 Feb 2006 10:05

The first time they give up the butt.

What? WHAT?!? :unsure:

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 23 Feb 2006 10:18

<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>My "favorite first" is the first time a girl I'm involved with lets loose a "private" bodily function when I'm around. Some of you may find that gross, but if you're dating someone, and they burp of fart in front of you without embarrassment... you're so in.

Unless they do it in your face. That's kinda gross.</span></span>

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 23 Feb 2006 10:49

That's a weird first. And by weird I mean disgusting.

The first time you make her laugh really hard. Not a polite courtesy laugh but a laugh followed by "omg I almost peed right there" (something every girl says at one point or another). That's the best. Followed by the first time she makes me laugh that hard.

The first anniversary ain't too bad either.

vhw

Post by vhw » 23 Feb 2006 11:05

JustSumDude wrote:<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>... and they burp of fart in front of you without embarrassment... you're so in.

Unless they do it in your face.  That's kinda gross.</span></span>
I had a girl burp in my face once, it wasn't the first time she burp when i was close to her but it was the first time she did it IN my face. She isn't rude nor anything, she just happened to turn her in order to see me 'cause we were talking and since she's used to it, she just let loose. We both laughed hard for a few minutes.

first "i love you" rocks, as long as it feels honest

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 23 Feb 2006 13:18

Oh, by the way..this is a first...

If things go accordingly (meaning, I've got the money for it..and even then that may not stop it), I'm getting married in June.

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 23 Feb 2006 14:20

JustSumDude wrote:<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>... they burp of fart in front of you without embarrassment... you're so in.</span></span>
One time, during a very, very early part of a relationship, this beautiful, young woman wanted me to teach her how to burp. We were having such a wonderful and fun time at one of those travelling amusement parks. You know how it goes, funnel cakes, corn dogs, popcorn, cotton candy and sodas all day long. And I told her how to burp and she kept trying and trying. When we both thought that she was going to finally let out her first voluntary burp, she performed another first - she accidentally made herself throw up on me.

You know how it went: funnel cakes, corn dogs, popcorn, cotton candy and sodas.

Mage, good luck on the marriage thing!
Last edited by puzzlehead on 23 Feb 2006 14:21, edited 1 time in total.