Bubba Ho-Tep

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 21 Jul 2005 16:34

Just caught this on DVD. I must say as much as I adore Bruce Campbell and the earlier Phantasm series of Don Coscarelli, I found myself not loving BHT as much as I wanted to love it.

Do you agree?

Still the concept had a lot of promise. I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to have the cojones to come up with the definitive Jonah Hex movie to bring the zombie hero genre to a whole new level.

Smash

Post by Smash » 21 Jul 2005 18:15

I have Yellow's copy. I should watch it this weekend. I'm sort of dreading being disappointed by it.

ruprechtjones

Post by ruprechtjones » 22 Jul 2005 02:55

I bought it to show support for Bruce, but I'll probably never watch it again after that first time. The story had great potential, but the pace dragged.

SpankMonkeyV2

Post by SpankMonkeyV2 » 28 Oct 2005 10:31

This movie fucking rocked. Two incredible lead actors, funny situations, action, but probably best of all was the semi-hidden meaning of the movie. That just like Elvis and JFK, people shouldn't lay down and wait to die. They should struggle and fight to remain valid and productive. And the best way to do that is to find something they are passionate about. Although if they are passionate about hunting mummies they probably will be stuck in a home. But better to go out living than to go out dying.