Favourite Individual Dance Track

darkoZiac

Post by darkoZiac » 28 Jun 2005 08:12

'mokay, I'm into ALL sorts a music, but normally try to get a full album, rather than singles or bits and pieces here and there. Recently though (a year or so) I've been getting really into dance music. Again, all types of it, from Aphex Twin to Chemical Brothers, Venetian Snare to Daft Punk. Every now and again, after hearing a good song, I say to myself, "Hmm, I've gotta get that", but I nearly always forget and then, next time I'm on 'tinternet, I've nothing to search for, or to get.

Fairly shitty, I know, I would write it down, but we don't have clipboards or notebooks in Ireland, or any sort of stationary or electricity or running water for that matter, but that's not an issue here.

What I would like the good folks of this board to do, is suggest which tracks I should get and any additional info that you'd like to add. If you've links too, I'd appreciate it (as I'd then be able to listen to and rate them and then delete them from my system within 24 hours, of course), but they're not essential, I can work google pretty good, oh yeah!

I'll start off with my recent fav's (ordered kinda chronologically, but I'm really just guessing), I'll add in tracks, if the list goes, but anywho...

Bang Bang (my baby shot me down) - Audiobullys
Galvanize (push the button) - The Chemical Brothers
Slash Dot Slash - Fatboy Slim
Girls - Prodigy

and some classics

Down, down, down - Pete Heller (I think)
4 - Aphex Twin (Used in his vid - Apparatus)

So from here, it's up to you people, I'm very open minded and WILL give a listen to whatever you suggest, but I would (as suggested in't title ;) ) like to keep to Dance tracks only.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 28 Jun 2005 09:52

<span style='color:blue'>Are we talking about straight-up electronica-based dance music here, like just techno and house, or are you also interested in related stuff like ambient, dub, trance, etc.?

I'm sure you have these classics, right?

Hey Boy Hey Girl - Chemical Brothers
Busy Child - Crystal Method
High Roller - Crystal Method
Atom Bomb - Fluke
Original - Leftfield
Spybreak - Propellerheads
Battleflag - Lo Fidelity Allstars
Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation
Xpander - Sasha
Play With Bootsy - Kelli Ali & Bootsy Collins

That's all I could come up with off the top of my head...</span>

heineken

Post by heineken » 28 Jun 2005 10:30

Even though you don't like albums, the latest Basement Jaxx CD is a collection of singles...all are quite good.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 28 Jun 2005 15:42

Flash Dance - Deep Dish

Dont fight it, Feel it - Primal Scream

I'll be waiting - Clive Griffin

Space Shanty - Leftfield

Break and Enter - Prodigy

Rise from your Grave - Phuture

Wild times - Delite ft. Osca child

Good mix of old and new there..

darkoZiac

Post by darkoZiac » 28 Jun 2005 20:10

Excellent *taps fingers*, I'll check all them out and I will give a listen to the Basement Jaxx album, although I haven't liked much of their new stuff, I used to like 'em 'round the time of Rendezvous, but then started to get, I dunno, bored with some of their stuff.

Cheers people, keep it coming and I'll give you my feedback as I get the music.

<span style='color:red'>edit</span> - on a completely different topic, aren't ares and azureus great ;)
Last edited by darkoZiac on 28 Jun 2005 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

darkoZiac

Post by darkoZiac » 01 Jul 2005 18:48

Just wanna say a huge thanks to all who contributed, I've listened to nearly all that has been suggested and they were pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted, brilliant altogether. And Heineken, I'm listening to Basement Jaxx for about the fourth time in 2 days and enjoying every minute of the album. They wouldn't have been an obvious choice for me to get, but listening to all the tracks makes me realise how much I like their sound.

Good job people and if you've any more thoughts, you know what to do ;)

ifbled

Post by ifbled » 29 Aug 2005 02:49

some happy hardcore
yes its cheesy and a little homosexual
but god damn it i like it

make it better - DJ Faber
love u more - Sunscreem
rainbow islands rmx - Seb
died in your arms - Go Mental
i believe - DJ Stompy
waiting for the night - Rabbit in the Moon