Rome

Grammaton_Cleric

Post by Grammaton_Cleric » 02 Nov 2005 11:12

I have been watching Rome from the beginning but I'm curious to see how many other people have been watching it or downloading it like I do. It is a good show, with some very nice looking women in it that get nude alot. From what my sister, who is an ancient history expert, has told me the show is pretty accurate. But back to the original question, is anyone else watching it? Another reason I ask is because I've heard that if the show is successful HBO will bring it back for a second season.

Nevar

Post by Nevar » 02 Nov 2005 12:52

Watching it all I can. It is pretty accurate far as I can tell....

Smash

Post by Smash » 02 Nov 2005 12:57

Sup pirate. You're going to get popped by HBO as they are heavily policing pirates of this series.

On a side note, the shows ok, but lacks an inner fire that Sopranos or Deadwood possessed. For what has been spent in time and money on production, I expected to be more 'wow'ed and less 'hmm'ed.

Pretty accurate? By what accounts? You really think there was a Legionare named Titus Pullo who, after finding Caesar's Eagle, proceeded to find Pompeii's gold, Pompeii himself AND save Cleopatra from assassins? Oh, is also the likely illegitimate father of her offspring?

Nevar

Post by Nevar » 02 Nov 2005 13:31

I may be completly arse-grabbing here, but I think what was meant was that the 'feel' was historic.......Deadwood had some of their women (if memory serves) unshaven.....Now thats historic! Haven't seen that in a long time.....Back to topic, I feel that the show did not stray too far from the ideals of historic Rome....sure, the characters are fictional for the most part...but really on that point I feel noone can create the real characters.......fiction has to come in somewhere..........unless we get time machines.......

Wulf

Post by Wulf » 02 Nov 2005 15:04

Waited seven weeks for the "big battle" between Caesar and Pompey and we get what? Nothin'.

Oh well. I'll still watch it for the sister fucking. I'm a big fan of incest storylines.

Smash

Post by Smash » 02 Nov 2005 23:28

That part's fairly accurate tho...the houses got fairly depraved. :D

Also, btw, so's the graffiti. They found TONS of ancient Roman graffiti in ruins.