The West Memphis Three

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 03 Aug 2005 22:57

rion wrote:Okay maybe that's just a missoura thing. And also here fiesty translates into bitchy.
<span style='color:blue'>Guess it's lucky for me that I don't live in Missouri then...

Interesting sidenote: "feisty" is one of the few words where "e" comes before "i" without following "c". ^_^</span>

rick

Post by rick » 03 Aug 2005 23:12

AngelBaby wrote:
rion wrote:Okay maybe that's just a missoura thing. And also here fiesty translates into bitchy.
<span style='color:blue'>Guess it's lucky for me that I don't live in Missouri then...

Interesting sidenote: "feisty" is one of the few words where "e" comes before "i" without following "c". ^_^</span>
Why, oh why, is this ridiculous "I before E except after C" notion instilled into children learning how to spell??? ... and we wonder why so many high school graduates are near illiterate.... I hate... :huh:

rion

Post by rion » 04 Aug 2005 02:36

Well I hope you feel better about yourself for knowing everything smarty pants.

Smarty smarty pants. You win, I'm pwnt, because I didn't spell a word right at 8 something in the morning.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 04 Aug 2005 03:20

<span style='color:blue'>yay win! :)

seriously though, i thought the infamous rion would have a little better sense of humor than this. can't speak for anyone else in this thread, but i was just kinda pokin atcha. i don't recall ever really attacking you personally in any of my replies. i guess i didn't realize how seriously you were taking the imprisonment of a trio of aging goth kids. you disappoint... :mellow: </span>

rion

Post by rion » 04 Aug 2005 03:59

Well now that I'm accustomed to you unreasonable "feistiness" maybe I wont get offended.

Skarekrow

Post by Skarekrow » 04 Aug 2005 04:11

I remember hearing about this and how the evidence was so shoddy it shouldn't have been let in.

I've seen better frame jobs get people free.

rion

Post by rion » 04 Aug 2005 04:15

Yeah, that's what I read. Plus, there's so many satan worshippers down there that it could have easily been someone else.

bugmenot

Post by bugmenot » 04 Aug 2005 16:46

<a href='http://www.thislife.org/pages/descriptions/02/210.html' target='_blank'>Act II</a> of this about a similar situation where a 14 year old ended up confessing after a lengthy (and perfectly legal) interrogation.

TheGoodReverend

Post by TheGoodReverend » 05 Aug 2005 21:48

I'm not giving money to them, just because I'm cheap, but it's naive to argue that if they were innocent they would have been let free already or they wouldn't need any money to get to the Supreme Court. I'm guessing that West Memphis, Arkansas, like a lot of the United States, doesn't have the greatest DA's office in the world and has even worse criminal defense attorneys. It's not unreasonable to suppose that this wasn't a completely fair trial. So it makes sense that they should move up the ladder to higher courts, where the lawyers on both sides are more professional, the judges more learned, and everything more costly. Whether or not they are the kind of kids I'd like to hang out with, I'm not convinced of either their innocence or their guilt. I just think they, like anybody, should have a fair and just hearing.