G4techTV

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
lilguy8000

Post by lilguy8000 » 23 Dec 2004 04:35

Well justin, hate no longer, as of Jan. 1 2005 the network is going back to G4, and its most likely, not going to last till Feb. i hate everything about G4, thay have messed up all the tech, seriously, where is the tech? its all aout games, and i pretty shure if your a gamer, you allready know about all this stuff.

I myself am very dissapointed at Tech Tv, and i just plan hate G4.

P.S, Justin, you speak for every person that watches G4 Tech.

southend517

Post by southend517 » 23 Dec 2004 04:43

Kevin Pereira is a tool

texasteenlover

Post by texasteenlover » 23 Dec 2004 04:51

i never liked that channel it was always booooooooooring!!

Justin

Post by Justin » 23 Dec 2004 04:52

here's a press release for their 05 lineup
G4TechTV Press Opportunities for 2005
by Maria Perez at 05:28PM (EST) on December 15, 2004 | Permanent Link

G4TechTV is re-launching in late spring/early summer 2005, and branding our daily, live show “The Screen Savers” as the place to see and be seen if you want to reach the 17- to 34-year-old guy.

Below are several ongoing PR opportunities we have on all network shows in early 2005:

Live Band Fridays on “The Screen Savers”: If you rep a band that is scheduled to be in Los Angeles on a Friday in 2005 with a new album coming out or a concert tour starting, drop me a line and a CD if you would like to book them in-studio to perform. There are only 3-4 band performances per month, so they will fill up fast.

“The Screen Savers” has daily live guests, up to two guests a day, in the realm of celebrities, pop culture, sports, musicians, inventors.

“Behind the Scenes”: Sarah Lane has gone behind the scenes to the sets of “Enterprise,” “NCIS” and “House.” If you are dong PR for a television or movie currently in production that will appeal to the younger male demo, we would love to shoot exclusive behind the scenes to air in conjunction with the movie and/or show premiere.

“Backstage”: “The Screen Savers” host, Chi-Lan Lieu, will be doing field pieces pertaining to music. If you have a music event or concert our viewers would want to see, Lieu wants to be there.

“G-Phoria”: Our flagship awards show at the end of July will contain several live band performances. We would like to book bands associated with 2005 video games and important album releases in late July/early August. We are also interested in any talent associated with video games or celebrities that are enthusiastic gamers.

The LAN party Thursdays: On “The Screen Savers” every Thursday we have a LAN Party, where our celebrity guests would play fans across the country in our game of the week. Doing this segment would include an interview and showing clips packages. There are up to four seats, so we could have several people from the same project in studio to promote.

G4TV.com Tour Bus/Dressing Room/Home Visits: G4tv.com is our weekly news magazine show hosted by two cool gamer girls, Laura Foy and Tina Wood. Foy will be coming to dressing rooms, celebrity homes and tour buses near you. This segment is going to take the place of “Players,” which was cancelled due to the limited release schedule and the show’s inability to cover stuff with any type of immediacy.

G4TV.com Celebrity Game Review: Talent would need to be available to come in studio for a G4tv.com tape day to praise or pan a current game of their choice and play it with Foy or Wood.

“Filter”: After our highly successful Filter Holiday Hit List specials, G4 has decided to launch “Filter” as our weekly countdown show, premiering Jan. 31. It will cover an array of topics from superheroes to extreme sports to Japanese pop culture. We are interviewing daily at our studios. The interviews will be used a la Vh-1’s “I Love the ’80s” interstitials. This is great for comedians who have Web sites they would like us to promote, as we list the Web site whenever the celebrity answer is used.

“Sweat”: The first show to exclusively report the highly competitive world of sports video games. The host, Rossi Morreale, goes inside with the athletes that make the games. If you have an athlete making a game, we want to be there.

“Icons”: Icons will be the “Biography” show for the G4 viewer. The goal is to release the biographies in conjunction with major movies in 2005. The show is interested in producing shows on: Frank Miller, George Lucas, Pixar, James Bond, Stan Lee and Peter Jackson. Once the icons are set, we will be setting up interviews with their friends and associates.

DVD and movie reviews: Lane is producing the DVD round-up on Tuesdays, highlighting the three best for our demographic every week. On Fridays, she is reviewing up to three movies, depending on what junkets we attended and if we have anything special going on in conjunction with a particular movie.

G4, a 24/7 network branded for today’s gamer, is a lifestyle and variety network for the 17- to 34-year-old male. The network is available in 60 million cable and satellite homes nationwide and airs 24 original series.

To learn more, log onto www.g4techtv.com
again, where is the tech? gone! and ever more goner in 2005!

Justin

Post by Justin » 23 Dec 2004 04:57

oh and listen to this if you're not up to speed on the whole G4/techtv debacle.

<a href='http://www.joeytheintern.com/media/leos_thoughts.mp3' target='_blank'>http://www.joeytheintern.com/media/leos_thoughts.mp3</a>

Mr. Buttfister

Post by Mr. Buttfister » 23 Dec 2004 04:58

im going to shoot myself in the face now...

peacec

Post by peacec » 23 Dec 2004 05:01

I miss Leo Laporte and Kate Botello when they hosted the orginal Screen Savers. Hell, even when Leo and Pat Norton hosted.

What I'm trying to say is I miss ZDTV.
Last edited by peacec on 23 Dec 2004 05:06, edited 1 time in total.

yeah-whatevah

Post by yeah-whatevah » 23 Dec 2004 05:04

That fucking sucks. TechTV is like gone permanently now. I saw it coming though.

That whole channel is lame, I mean, on paper it sounded like a good idea at the time. Like "whoa, hey," oh wait... I just remembered, it never sounded like a good idea.
And there was no reason to fuck up the Old ScreenSavers with that old guy. (did they take him off? That pisses me off)

Where's that old guy? Replaced by some douche that's just plain annoying.

Thank you Justin, for putting into words what so many of us could not. I mean, I'm sure we all feel this, but whenever I start to talk about how much this pisses me off, I just start speaking in demonic tongues.

I say, it's time we take them out, with force and we start our own channel in their building. I think it'd be more interesting.

I can see it now: fubarTV. channel 354.

Teddy KGB

Post by Teddy KGB » 23 Dec 2004 05:09

I used to pirate satellite signals for Tech TV... now with G4 I couldn't be bothered.

dogolopee

Post by dogolopee » 23 Dec 2004 05:13

Justin full of hate is such a wonderful Christmas gift.

lyk.omgz

Post by lyk.omgz » 23 Dec 2004 05:14

About a month ago they took it from my cable plan- and now I'd have to pay extra (so fuck that)

Elder Young

Post by Elder Young » 23 Dec 2004 05:24

I've only watched G4TechTv briefly while I was channel surfing and it pissed me off in a matter of a couple minutes. Justin, every post you make should be this entertaining. Maybe you can start a weekly thing like Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage, from Conan O'Brian, where you just rant about all kinds of random things. That would be super.

heineken

Post by heineken » 23 Dec 2004 05:36

Never seen any of the shows, or channel, whatever this is.

TV sucks.

MindTricked

Post by MindTricked » 23 Dec 2004 05:39

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Gotta agre with most of that rant. It just ain't the same. Tech TV was a lot more entertaining than G4TV, but the both of them together sounded like a great idea at the time. If anything, it would mean less airings of Robot Wars, Arena, and that one arcade game show that was painful for me to watch back when it was brand new (yeah, I'm that old). Then... Screen Savers (which I rarely watched, but when I did, I was informed and learned things) was screwed up and over. Unscrewed became even more painful to watch. Slowly but surely, everything I really enjoyed about Tech Tv was eliminated (aside from X-Play, I guess, which has maintained its... ummmm... quality).

Gotta also agree with about those damned G-Spot pop-up ads. Geez, the pop-up, loudly, in the middle of a verbal review of a video game... you know, where sounds tend to be important? Bastards.

Still, Morgan Webb has gotten hotter in recent episodes of X-Play. Damn, I'd hit that until I passed out from exhaustion, then start over again after a good steak dinner and a Lakers game.

*returns to Lurk mode*</span></span>

nioxin

Post by nioxin » 23 Dec 2004 05:46

damn justin your right i miss the old techtv where i learned hacks and and how to fix stuff. thank god they still have morgan webb or i would not watch that channle anymore. what happen to leo and patrick and cat schwartz. fuckers give me back my old techtv. ne ways justin rules!!!