The Boondock Saints

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
the d

Post by the d » 29 Dec 2004 03:06

sorry guys...but i've gotta say that boondock saints is pretty high up on my list of favorites...who cares if troy duffy is a waste of skin or not...that movie just makes you want to go out and change the world man! i mean come on, who hasn't thought about going out and just getting rid of all the BAD people out here? i mean next you guys are gonna say that fight club, suicide kings and usual suspects are over rated too...

joemizzle

Post by joemizzle » 29 Dec 2004 04:01

Angelbaby, I still love you...

eggy

Post by eggy » 29 Dec 2004 04:36

i have never posted on the front page before, but regardless, i agree, boondock saints is terrible... i knew it was going to be a bad movie when my friend described it to me as "two irish mobsters in boston try to arrange a crime while repressed homosexual willem dafoe tries to solve a series of crimes through interpretive psychic dance".

wait, what?

Dope

Post by Dope » 29 Dec 2004 05:26

eggy wrote:i have never posted on the front page before, but regardless, i agree, boondock saints is terrible...  i knew it was going to be a bad movie when my friend described it to me as "two irish mobsters in boston try to arrange a crime while repressed homosexual willem dafoe tries to solve a series of crimes through interpretive psychic dance".

wait, what?
Bwahhahahha
right on...my friends did the same shit to me. the bartender & the brothers' friend were a funny characters.....in a mediocre movie....i don't care how kick ass the final fight scene was.....blah blah blabity blabity.....

Observant

Post by Observant » 29 Dec 2004 06:36

the d wrote:sorry guys...but i've gotta say that boondock saints is pretty high up on my list of favorites...who cares if troy duffy is a waste of skin or not...that movie just makes you want to go out and change the world man!  i mean come on, who hasn't thought about going out and just getting rid of all the BAD people out here?  i mean next you guys are gonna say that fight club, suicide kings and usual suspects are over rated too...
Oh, you mean like Taxi Driver without decent psychology, depth, acting, direction, and score. "You ever see what a 44 magnum would do to a newbies face? You ever see what a 44 magnum would do to a newbie's pussy? That you should see. That you should see. You should see what a 44 magnum is going to do to a newbie's pussy." (Quote slightly altered.)

Bobjua

Post by Bobjua » 29 Dec 2004 07:26

what the fuck.... its over rated?

i didnt even know people liked it... thats gay.

Magesty

Post by Magesty » 29 Dec 2004 12:28

The movie is a cult classic for a reason...orginality and overall creativity. I appreciated this film. Cmon now how hard is it to make a movie like titanic? High budget, good actors, based on a real event. Its pretty much a given. But still sucked ASS!!

kvl

Post by kvl » 29 Dec 2004 14:19

I concur. Titanic blows monkey balls doesn't it?

Wait....what movie were we talking about?

Bah, i go back to finding pictures for my beard thread.

the d

Post by the d » 29 Dec 2004 21:41

Oh, you mean like Taxi Driver without decent psychology, depth, acting, direction, and score. "You ever see what a 44 magnum would do to a newbies face? You ever see what a 44 magnum would do to a newbie's pussy? That you should see. That you should see. You should see what a 44 magnum is going to do to a newbie's pussy." (Quote slightly altered.)

seriously dude, you need to jerk off or get laid or somethin...its not healthy to have rage issues like that while discussing whether or not you liked a movie...

bunratty

Post by bunratty » 02 Jan 2005 02:33

I actually went to school with Troy Duffy, Exeter High class of '89, and he was an obnoxious dick head back then. I remember his father offered to buy new uniforms for the town little league if Troy could be on the team. The coach told him "No thanks".

Mid-Ocean

Post by Mid-Ocean » 04 Jan 2005 13:24

I got to watch the documentary Overnight at the Hawaii Intl Film Fest and it was really entertaining. The guy acted like a Grade-A asshole during his brief time in Hollywood, which is the reason the film only got released in 3 independent theaters in the US and had a total run of 2 weeks in those. I think the film grossed $48k or something on its $8M budget - That's how much he pissed off the powers that be. It was worth watching Overnight. Ironically, only 6-7 people were in the theater to see Overnight, while every other film at the festial was packed :lol:

Btw, aloha all. First post. I came here because a friend gave me a link to the Dunst pics. I'm a fan of Dunst's body (of work).

geo

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 05 Jan 2005 00:08

Justin wrote:<!--QuoteBegin-the[Hitman+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the[Hitman)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->,Dec 27 2004, 12:15 PM]Stick to looking at underage boobs and stay out of the movie reviewing circuit.
You wouldn't know a good fucking movie if it bit you in the ass.
boondock saints still sucks. sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks. sucks.

[/quote]

<span style='color:maroon'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>THERE WAS

A

FIREFIGHT
</span></span>

will_i_am

Post by will_i_am » 05 Jan 2005 00:54

titanic was emo.

boondock saints > titanic.

Dex

Post by Dex » 05 Jan 2005 01:15

Justin and I agree on 3 things in life.

#1. asians > everyone else
#2. The Boondock Saints was stupid
#3. Titanic is the best movie ever made.

:wub:

JohnnyIrish

Post by JohnnyIrish » 06 Jan 2005 19:28

I thought Boondock Saints was a pretty good movie. I didn't like the cat explosion scene at all though. There's a new Irish Mob movie being shot in Boston this spring called TOWNIES that's suppose to be like mob version of Clockwork Orange I guess. They have a message board and everything. I guess the screenplay really got people in the film industry going nuts to be part of it.

<a href='http://www.towniesmovie.com' target='_blank'>http://www.towniesmovie.com</a>

Peace!

:D