Dr Pepper

grey_fox24

Post by grey_fox24 » 28 Jul 2005 07:12

When right before Vanilla Cherry Dr. Pepper came out. They showed up on my campus with two trucks and handed out cans of the stuff.

It wasn't bad in my opinion. Not good enough to buy, but good enough to go back several times and get more free cans.

<a href='http://img15.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img15ℑ=drpepper8zl.jpg' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Last edited by grey_fox24 on 28 Jul 2005 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 28 Jul 2005 07:13

Smash wrote:
puzzlehead wrote:Amen, brother.  I can only find the damn diet.  Hmmm...I wonder what it would taste like with a scoop of ice cream.

I dunno. The fake sugars all get me nautious. For real. :S I've yet to try it beyond one sip.
There is the Dublin Dr. Pepper that is made with Real Cane sugar, not anything else fake. It has a different color to it and a different taste. Pluse it comes in the original bottle. You should try it. Not sure where you'd get it
Phife wrote:Wal-Mart, 7-11, and other places carry the regular Cherry Vanilla DP.  I have had more problems finding the Diet, which I prefer.  Where the hell are you guys shopping?  Especially you Mage?
In general, when you go to a convenient store you're more likely to find the diet version. At least thats how it happens for me.
AngelBaby wrote:<span style='color:blue'>I :wub: Dr. Pepper flavored Jelly Bellys.</span>
There is only one place in Waco that sells that. Incidently, There used to be a Dr. Pepper flavored gum. I still have a pack in my possesion.

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 28 Jul 2005 07:36

Don't the diehard fans say to buy Coke during Channukah or Passover and get the kosher stuff? I think that's when Coke (and I'm assuming Pepsi and 7-Up) uses sugar and not corn syrup.

ruprechtjones

Post by ruprechtjones » 28 Jul 2005 08:31

We used to take road trips down to Ensenada, Mexico and stock up on Coke in the bottle. Real sugar, man it tasted good. We could never find it in Tijuana, but then we tried not to stay long in that town.

I never really liked soft drinks til I tried them outside of this country.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 28 Jul 2005 09:10

Fact, Waco is the Home of Dr. Pepper.

Smash

Post by Smash » 28 Jul 2005 09:28

I got handed a Coke '0' or something weird like that. It was carb and sugar free.

It tasted like ass. But like I said, I get a weird reaction to ANY of the fake sugars in things. If I drank the entire 20oz. I would have felt like passing out all day.

Skarekrow

Post by Skarekrow » 28 Jul 2005 09:34

Thess > dr. pepper in all its incarnations.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 28 Jul 2005 09:51

Smash wrote:I got handed a Coke '0' or something weird like that.  It was carb and sugar free.

It tasted like ass.  But like I said, I get a weird reaction to ANY of the fake sugars in things.  If I drank the entire 20oz. I would have felt like passing out all day.
Coke '0'? Okay, thats the last straw.. First it was Diet Coke, then it was that Coke 1 or something, now its Coke '0'? What else are they going to put out? -Coke? It actually eats your carbs and calories!!

~vjay~

Post by ~vjay~ » 28 Jul 2005 10:19

steampunk wrote:Don't the diehard fans say to buy Coke during Channukah or Passover and get the kosher stuff?  I think that's when Coke (and I'm assuming Pepsi and 7-Up) uses sugar and not corn syrup.
We don't put weird shit like corn syrup in our drinks, it's sugar all the way here.

DMBrules

Post by DMBrules » 28 Jul 2005 13:08

Smash wrote:I got handed a Coke '0' or something weird like that.  It was carb and sugar free.

It tasted like ass.  But like I said, I get a weird reaction to ANY of the fake sugars in things.  If I drank the entire 20oz. I would have felt like passing out all day.
As a rule I hated anything diet, until I tasted Diet Coke with lime. It's truly incredible. I can't get enough.

drtran

Post by drtran » 28 Jul 2005 13:41

BlackMage wrote:

Coke '0'? Okay, thats the last straw.. First it was Diet Coke, then it was that Coke 1 or something, now its Coke '0'? What else are they going to put out? -Coke? It actually eats your carbs and calories!!
actually it is pepsi one and coke zero. also they have C2. coke just had to out do pepsi with a 2 is better than one and 0 is less than one. i dont like any of the diet low carb sodas anyway.

the only place ive seen the vanilla cherry diet dr pepper was at a barbecue and i have no idea who brought it but we ended up taking home the whole 12 pack because nobody drank it. it sat in my apartment for a few weeks and i tried one and it was ok. once the case was gone though, i have never had it again. and ive never seen the non diet version.

Phife

Post by Phife » 28 Jul 2005 14:38

Coke Zero and C2 suck major ass...

Diet Coke Zero (with the silver and black label) is quite good!

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 28 Jul 2005 16:33

No carbs. No sugar. No artificial coloring. Diet. Essentially what I'm drinking then is shitty tasting colored water. With fizz.

I miss Pepsi Clear.

Smash

Post by Smash » 28 Jul 2005 20:35

puzzlehead wrote:No carbs. No sugar. No artificial coloring. Diet.  Essentially what I'm drinking then is shitty tasting colored water. With fizz.

I miss Pepsi Clear.

I actually liked that. A good mix was pepsi clear and Cherry 7-Up. 50/50. Tasted great.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 28 Jul 2005 21:49

<span style='color:blue'>Diet drinks suck ass.

Any man who lets one enter his mouth has prolly had teh pen0r there as well...

Fact.</span>