Import "Ricers" vs. Old Skool Muscle

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 23 Feb 2006 03:24

<span style='color:blue'>Actually, the G35 coupe has 280hp (298 if you get 6-speed flavor)...my Accord Coupe has a zippy 240. ^_^</span>

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 23 Feb 2006 04:02

I thought the G35 had less than the 350? My mistake. I like the style of the 350 more. It's less functional, the way a sports car should be. :P

I test drove the Crossfire SRT6. I didn't buy it though.

Have you ever heard a car salesman scream? Man that car went fast. 330hp in a tiny little coupe. I took a corner doing 80km (not miles of course) and it didn't even wiggle. Most cars would have spun out.

Maybe I should have bought it. Meh...I have time.
Last edited by Eamon Angelface on 23 Feb 2006 04:04, edited 1 time in total.

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 23 Feb 2006 04:52

I'm happy with our Lincoln LS V-8. No standard option (not anymore) but it's got the same number of ponies as the G-35 automatic, runs zero-to-sixty just three-tenths slower, and, most importantly, provides jobs for Smash's neighbors (although it looks like production is moving to Hotlanta).

If Ford will produce a Focus turbo diesel wagon here in the States, I'll be the first in line.

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 23 Feb 2006 05:03

Eamon Angelface wrote:I know someone with the G35 coupe and he loves it. He says it drives like it has a way bigger engine than it actually does. I believe its a 230hp V6.

I prefer the 350Z. I know I'm alone on that.
The infinity GS35 and the Nissan 350Z are essentially the same car, different shells and a few different options and maybe 1-2 horsepower difference. I own a 350Z and one of the biggest problems with it is that it is absolutely useless in slick conditions. However, getting it to drift is a breeze.

Smash

Post by Smash » 23 Feb 2006 05:22

steampunk wrote:I'm happy with our Lincoln LS V-8.  No standard option (not anymore) but it's got the same number of ponies as the G-35 automatic, runs zero-to-sixty just three-tenths slower, and, most importantly, provides jobs for Smash's neighbors (although it looks like production is moving to Hotlanta).

If Ford will produce a Focus turbo diesel wagon here in the States, I'll be the first in line.

You are an old fart.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 23 Feb 2006 12:46

Style wise, I'm partial to the Challenger.. I like the retro look as well. The G35 and the 350Z are nice, but too big bodied for my liking. Personally, I've always had a thing for the Lancer series or the Eclipse. Thats as far as my import tastes go. The Saleen was looking pretty sweet. Kinda looks like an old RC car I had when I was younger.

I believe the Retro look is here to stay for a while. With that said, I wish Plymouth would re-release the Prowler. Style wise, that is my favorite car of all time.

Smash

Post by Smash » 23 Feb 2006 18:54

BlackMage wrote:Style wise, I'm partial to the Challenger.. I like the retro look as well. The G35 and the 350Z are nice, but too big bodied for my liking.

I believe the Retro look is here to stay for a while. With that said, I wish Plymouth would re-release the Prowler. Style wise, that is my favorite car of all time.

Did you see that ugly ass end on the Spyder? My god, what did they do?!?!?

The Prowler IS an awesome car, in my opinion. That PT Cruiser in embodiment of everything I hate in a car. The Prowler looked great, but completely impractical.

Incidentally, for the Annual Cruise Woodward here, many Prowler owners remove the front bumper. I'm not sure why, but it makes the car look like 4X better.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 24 Feb 2006 03:32

The old phrase, "If its not broke, don't fix it" comes to mind with the Spyder. I suppose they thought it looked snazzy.

The Prowler has limited use.. Great for lookin good, and not a whole lot else. Although the stock 253 HP is nice. ('99-'02 models only). I had a model of that car back a few years ago, and yes, it does look better without the bumper...however, I found that out by accident. Kid brother broke the bumper off. I believe a lot of the aesthetic improvement comes from the fact that it gives it more of a hotrod look. In any case, I'd like to attend that show.

Why Chrysler released the PT Cruiser is beyond me. Its funny because the concept was a sporty look to the car, but it comes off looking "cute." It would seem their original target audience was lost. Same thing happened to the redesigned Thunderbird. I only see old women driving those 2 cars.

It makes me wonder what car/truck will get the retro fitting next.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 24 Feb 2006 04:27

BlackMage wrote:It makes me wonder what car/truck will get the retro fitting next.
<span style='color:blue'>I've heard that Chevy's new HHR is supposedly modeled on some old truck they used to make.

Fact? :unsure: </span>

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 24 Feb 2006 05:51

AngelBaby wrote:
BlackMage wrote:It makes me wonder what car/truck will get the retro fitting next.
<span style='color:blue'>I've heard that Chevy's new HHR is supposedly modeled on some old truck they used to make.

Fact? :unsure: </span>
Yeah I heard that too. My uncle just bought one. The idiot is a millionare and retiring soon and of all the cars to get he picked that ugly ass thing.

Between that and the SSR I think Chevy might have the worst design team of any major car manufacturer.

Setting that aside the new Eclipse Spyder looks pretty decent. If only they'd make it rear wheel drive it would actually be a fairly cool car.

If someone could just make something with the specs of an M3 but at half the price I'd be very happy. The closest I've seen is the SRT4. That sounds insane but if you line up the specs beside one another the SRT4 is very close and in some parts actually better than the BMW. Too bad they kept the Neon shell for it.

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 24 Feb 2006 05:57

Eamon Angelface wrote:Between that and the SSR I think Chevy might have the worst design team of any major car manufacturer.
<span style='color:blue'>GM cancelled production of the SSR a couple months ago.

to bad yep to bad</span>

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 28 Feb 2006 13:52

<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>I don't like the look of the Camaro concept at all. Especially the interior. Hideous. The Challenger concept is more "flashback" than "retro"... I still like it, though. I'd consider buying one.</span></span>

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 01 Mar 2006 04:16

Smash wrote:
steampunk wrote:I'm happy with our Lincoln LS V-8.
You are an old fart.
:P
Motor Trend wrote:Today's Mustang owes much of its DNA to a dumbed-down Lincoln LS with strut front suspension and a live rear axle, but the effect is much the same.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 01 Mar 2006 10:32

And those words plus this <a href='http://www.nicecarsforwomen.com/Lincoln/LS/' target='_blank'>website</a> only confirm that the Mustang is a womans car.

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 01 Mar 2006 22:44

Then maybe I can get AngelBaby to ride in it.

Oh, wait...