Do you use torrents?

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 04 Apr 2006 02:18

I've been using bittorent and its affiliated bot programs since the day it was released and I'm wondering how many people have adapted this P2P to their internet usage?

The reason being that mediasentry has suddenly become VERY active in joining torrent swarming, pinging unprotected computers, and recording activities.

Bittorent was quite anonymous but this company, beginning last summer, has made itself an active force in recording file sharerers activities and most people aren't aware of them. I'm in Canada so I'm fine but those in the US and UK can get seriously fucked over thanks to these kinds of companies (and some universities).

I'm thinking that maybe I should ask Justin if I can post on the .net site as a publisher and let people know how to protect themselves as well as offer insight to where the best torrents (ie: quickest availability and fastest DL time) can be found.

Good idea?

Bad idea?

Let me know...
Last edited by Eamon Angelface on 04 Apr 2006 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

~vjay~

Post by ~vjay~ » 04 Apr 2006 09:41

I'd say go for it.

*Uses azureus

vhw

Post by vhw » 11 Apr 2006 12:11

i use bittornado. Back in the day i didn't feel like using bittorrent until i found out i could download buffy episodes, that won me over.

i'm in mexico so chances are i can't get fucked over by the riaa nor mpaa but it couldn't hurt to know this protection you speak of.

no need to post there (unless inactivity is a valid reason), you can start here ^_^

Smash

Post by Smash » 11 Apr 2006 22:42

fuck no you shouldn't post on the .net site. Everything you write ends up being douchery. You start with good ideas, but resonate from an aura of completely deluded self inflated superiority.

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 15 Apr 2006 02:42

My good ideas come from my undeserved ego?

That's a clumsy little thought now isn't it since my ego comes from knowing I have good ideas?

I vote yes for Eamon the Ninja helping with the front page posts and contributing some of my technical knowledge of stealing shit and not getting caught. I might even upload my "How to be a Ninja" handbook.

Smash

Post by Smash » 15 Apr 2006 04:01

Eamon Angelface wrote:My good ideas come from my undeserved ego?

That's a clumsy little thought now isn't it since my ego comes from knowing I have good ideas?

I vote yes for Eamon the Ninja helping with the front page posts and contributing some of my technical knowledge of stealing shit and not getting caught. I might even upload my "How to be a Ninja" handbook.

Perhaps you don't know the meaning of the word resonate?

I'll re-explain myself: your ideas are good, but they echo your colossal ego, which is undeserved.

*sigh*

I have a feeling, I'll have to explain it, yet again.

TheGoodReverend

Post by TheGoodReverend » 15 Apr 2006 04:25

Echoing from auras? Synaesthesia, anyone?

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 17 Apr 2006 08:43

Smash wrote:
Eamon Angelface wrote:My good ideas come from my undeserved ego?

Perhaps you don't know the meaning of the word resonate?

I'll re-explain myself: your ideas are good, but they echo your colossal ego, which is undeserved.

*sigh*

I have a feeling, I'll have to explain it, yet again.

No you just need to work on your grammar.

You meant THEY resonate. You forgot a word.

Np, I hear your pretty old and the mind tends to fade as we all enter our golden years.
Last edited by Eamon Angelface on 17 Apr 2006 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 17 Apr 2006 19:55

Eamon Angelface wrote:No you just need to work on your grammer.
:mellow:

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 17 Apr 2006 22:21

Fixt 2 American spellings.

Smash

Post by Smash » 17 Apr 2006 22:32

Actually, no I don't need to work on my [s]grammer[/s] grammar, Eamon. In the original post I made I intended that YOU (the subject of the sentance and therefore the assumed subject of that phrase) resonate. But I will give you that it's more proper to imply your ideas resonating rather than you. In either event, the effect is the same.

Maybe it's because you have to 'fixt 2 American spellings' that you have trouble understanding American English?

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 18 Apr 2006 00:51

Probably. But since my English is the Queen's English (as in the English English) then who is really wrong in this equation?

Either way...great ideas decompossing and feeding the angry soil of fubar seems like how things go around here. It's not just my own personal fault.

This site was built on an Indian burial ground.

2wenty6ix

Post by 2wenty6ix » 05 May 2006 04:55

Torrenting is where it's at for getting what you need.

I use a site called <a href='http://www.themixingbowl.org' target='_blank'>The Mixing Bowl</a> for posting and downloading breaks and drum and bass sets, and I use <a href='http://www.isohunt.com/' target='_blank'>ISOHunt</a> and <a href='http://www.mininova.org/' target='_blank'>Mininova</a> for movies and other stuff.

The best BT client? <a href='http://www.utorrent.com' target='_blank'>uTorrent</a>, BY A LANDSLIDE!

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 05 May 2006 12:31

<span style='color:maroon'>Off topic, dude.

New site?

Heh. I'm always three months behind.

All text?

Wow, I remember liking text posts.

sigh, when I have time. Although I don't seem to be much for intelligent discourse anymore.</span>