FOX TV

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
troym6

Post by troym6 » 17 Jul 2004 16:55

:mellow: fng here for my first post i totally agree with justin that most of the tv nets have their heads up their asses most of the best stuff is on cable anyway usa,bravo,bbc america,hbo, deadwood was the bomb yo!!! hate to tell you this justin but at comic-con in sunny sd next week thay are showing TWO UNAIRED EPISODES OF WONDERFALLS on sunday plus the producers and the young female star of the show will be on hand to intro and take Q&A from the unwashed masses that are all con attendees (myself included) maybe one of your merry marching madmen can secretly video it an send it to you

pyrates

Post by pyrates » 17 Jul 2004 17:02

dryden wrote:Fox Shows that were Canceled Too Early (and not in any order):

1) Family Guy
2) The Ben Stiller Show
3) The Tick
4) Wonderfalls
5) Undeclared
6) Andy Richter Controls the Universe
7) Greg the Bunny

What the hell is wrong with Fox?  They had some of the best creative and innovative comedy shows on regular television, and they fuck it up with their "Hey, Let's be like ABC / CBS / NBC and do the 'reality show' thing."  Then again, people are watching their crap shows like "The Simple Life", "The Swan",  "Joe Millionaire", and the badly-named "American Idol".   I know someone has already said its corporate television, and I know it's all what people are watching and the trend.  If people weren't watching the shows, they wouldn't be making them.

Thank God for Comedy Central and Cartoon Network.
I've noticed something else about fox. The show The OC, was succesful and is definately coming back for a season 2. Now what fox did was develop another show that was like the OC except in a better like paradise. Now that show will fail. The reason why, The OC had a catchy story to it. This new show, nothing really catchy about it.

dryden

Post by dryden » 17 Jul 2004 17:49

Pyrates, you must be talking about that shit show, North Show, right? Maybe if it had some MILF action and teenagers humping each other's moms and girls who look like 20+ year olds but badly portray teenagers, maybe it'd do better. Hell. What do I know, I really haven't even seen either show (OC or North Show).

And Sunstrider and Sir Loin, Keen Eddie was pretty damn cool. I was glad to see it run on Bravo for awhile, before they replaced a chance to replay it again and again with their own crap shows (I fucking hate their "reality" shows on Bravo). Fucking "reality shows".

Darthbane

Post by Darthbane » 17 Jul 2004 19:07

FOX is dumb. They always cancel great shows before their time, and bring really retarded shows ***COUGH simple life COUGH*** back for another season. With any luck, Arrested Development will win some of the 7 Emmys it's nominated for - maybe that will convince more people to watch it.

Red_Dwarf

Post by Red_Dwarf » 17 Jul 2004 23:06

Wonderfalls was a ok show. Question why can't the main character be a lesbian why must it always be their friend or sister? :angry: anyhoo by the time the third episode haired I was already bored. It got old fast. :mellow:

M&R show cant even watch it it is so damn stupid but I like Quintuplets the show is pretty damn funny. :D

AlphaPrime

Post by AlphaPrime » 18 Jul 2004 03:23

Red_Dwarf wrote: Wonderfalls was a ok show. Question why can't the main character be a lesbian why must it always be their friend or sister?  :angry: anyhoo by the time the third episode haired I was already bored. It got old fast.  :mellow:  

M&R show cant even watch it it is so damn stupid but I like Quintuplets the show is pretty damn funny.  :D
Actually, apparently the rumor was the main character WAS suppose to be a lesbian. Hence making the whole UPS guy and bartender crushes funny fodder. But the execs didn't like that so they spun off the lesbian half into a new sister character. Because think about it...the first episode would be so much more funnier if Jay went out with the UPS guy and ended up with his wife instead...

Plus the REAL 2nd and 3rd episodes were much funnier as opposed to the ones they aired (which were the ones the execs made them reshoot).

heineken

Post by heineken » 18 Jul 2004 03:47

I don't know why the question, "why?" is even being asked. It is a simple matter of ratings and advertising. Shows like the Simple Life, no matter how stupid they are, get good ratings. Shows like Family Guy did get decent ratings, but because of the "offensive" content of the show, companies would not buy advertising space for when it was on, so FOX would not make enough money. All about the green.

kvl

Post by kvl » 18 Jul 2004 04:03

dryden wrote: 2) The Ben Stiller Show
Didn't this show get cancelled, and then a few months later win an emmy or something?

Fox keeps on pumping out really bad sitcoms. I guess for them as long as 1 out of every 15 shows they pump out is a hit, they are happy.

I personally thought Method and Red was going to get cancelled or reformated after one or two episodes, but it's still on. The thing that bothers me about that show the most is the laughtrack. Obviously it is not filmed in frount of an audience, but yet they have a laugh track. They gotta ditch that and get better writers.

Serra

Post by Serra » 18 Jul 2004 04:47

Eamon Angelface wrote: I will never watch the WB again since they canceled Angel which was easily the best written show on TV last year.
I couldn't believe that FOX* cancelled Angel either. That was such a good show and it was really getting into a good stride. The last season was clearly one of it's best. The characters were good and the actors and writing were excellent.

Plus the show was making fairly strong ratings, sure it wasn't Friends, but it was making more money than some of their shows.

Only one of my favorite shows is left....

To make matters worse, what was up with 24??? Elisha Cuthbert is way hot, but in 24 it was like she was butt ugly or something because she never looked hot. What a waste, Elisha Cuthbert in a show and that can't even bother to use her.

*EDIT: I'm not sure if FOX or WB were the ones that ended Angel. I know the WB stopped showing it, but I don't remember if it was FOX that caused it.
Last edited by Serra on 18 Jul 2004 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

Jubba43605

Post by Jubba43605 » 18 Jul 2004 06:40

I was reading some posts, and you guys said Angel was cancelled? Wtf?!?!?!? How is it cancelled? I thought they were gonna make another season, because the last show I saw was where they were in the alley-way and there were like 900 guys coming there way, and like the really smart guy died. So are they just gonna cut it off?
Last edited by Jubba43605 on 18 Jul 2004 07:06, edited 1 time in total.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » 18 Jul 2004 10:29

Jubba43605 wrote: I was reading some posts, and you guys said Angel was cancelled?  Wtf?!?!?!? How is it cancelled?  I thought they were gonna make another season, because the last show I saw was where they were in the alley-way and there were like 900 guys coming there way, and like the really smart guy died.  So are they just gonna cut it off?
Yeah, if you did any online reading during the late winter/early spring period, you'd know that the net was buzzing due to the inexplicable cancellation of Angel. Google it and you'll find a statement from the WB stating a bunch of bullshit about why they decided it'd be best to axe the show.

The ending of Angel was a bit of a symbolic kind of thing; They keep on fighting.

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 18 Jul 2004 12:26

The problem was the now former head of the WB canceled the show in Feb before seeing the May ratings which is what usually happens. He has since publically stated that he fucked up (paraphrase of course). He figured he could have a WB funded show done cheaper and easily replace it. He is a stupid man. The head of Fox is this big fat bitch who would need the help of the hand of God himself to find a clue. Together they managed to cancel the best show on TV and split up the best writing team ever for a one hour drama. Boycott the WB. Joss Whedon's shows made that network what it is and they turned around and fucked him. I'm not pleased with UPN either. They could have picked up Angel the way they did Buffy but instead they chose to focus on producing their ultra racist all black Sunday festival of garbage sitcoms.

The open ended Angel finale was done so because their is a small chance that we may get some Angel TV movies at some point. Don't hold your breath though.

Sunstrider

Post by Sunstrider » 18 Jul 2004 12:54

Eamon Angelface wrote: The open ended Angel finale was done so because their is a small chance that we may get some Angel TV movies at some point. Don't hold your breath though.
From comingsoon.net.

Moviehole reports that James Marsters, formerly from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, mentioned on "Rove Live" that four telefilms might be in the works. He says Joss Whedon, creator of both series, wants him back.

"I said, 'Joss, stop it. Three lines, fifty lines, lead role, whatever you want man, call me", he says. "I'm there for you, because frankly, you're one of the best writers I've worked with. And he said he wanted to do a Spike movie. TV movie. But it's also contingent upon other characters. He wants to do four TV movies and one of them is Spike."

Marsters added he's not aware if any of the other cast members have signed on yet.

Here is the direct link.

<a href='http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5443' target='_blank'>Comingsoon.net</a>

SirLoin

Post by SirLoin » 18 Jul 2004 14:45

The only time I watch the WB is during the Saturday morning cartoons. Does anyone know when Mucha Lucha comes on? I think I sleep past it.
Meatwad- "But I thought you said TV was bad!"
Frylock- "It is... BUT WE FUCKING NEED IT!"

al k holik

Post by al k holik » 21 Jul 2004 00:54

Arrested Development is without a doubt the best comedy on TV right now. David Cross (Mr. Show), Jeffrey Tambor (Larry Sanders), Portia DiRossi (the non-anorexic blonde on Ally McBeal), and the miraculous resurfacing of Jason Bateman, with narration by Ron Howard and subplots involving incest, fear of nudity, and corporate crime? Smart as hell and Goddamn funny. It should win every emmy it's up for, easily.

I only caught the first episode of Wonderfalls, and the sister subplot lost me. Now I understand why. Network suits always fuck up the shows with something new to offer. It kinda reminded me of Dead like Me on Showtime - which is also a pretty good show, but it's still on the air... because it's not on Fox.

And I don't think anyone has mentioned how they fucked up Futurama by moving it all over the schedule for something like 5 years, putting it on hiatus for months at a time, etc. Tools.