Fahrenheit 9/11

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
Dex

Post by Dex » 28 Jun 2004 08:13

Justin wrote: michael moore for president! hyuk!
As funny as that sounds.. I would vote for him. Really.

FLAME ON!

edotherocket

Post by edotherocket » 28 Jun 2004 08:21

We don't get F9-11 till late July. Can anyone fix me up with a bootleg copy so I can resume bashing this film?

meatwad

Post by meatwad » 28 Jun 2004 09:36

Some people just don't have any sense. First of all, Hollywood is anti-Bush. That should tell you something right there. Those dumbasses have absolutely no clue what reality is-damn scientology believn loonies. Second, the terrorists are as pissed as ever at us. Obviously we are doing something right! You can't reason with them or please them- a world pleasing to terrorism is fucking scary. But I understand how other countries don't get it but every true American should. The USA is the heart of freedom and liberty in the whole world. Yes war is horrible and no one likes it but we have captured or killed 2/3 of al queda's known leaders, along with a killing asshole named Saddam-fucking impressive.
God, I wish every country would be in on it with us. Think about how awesome it would have been if after the Spain Madrid bombings (that scared them out of Iraq), Spain would have said "Fuck you assholes, we are sending more troops now" and all UN countries would actually help. Damn we could wipe out these bastards. NO administration is perfect but at least this one is killing bad guys and spreading freedom.
Yes, spreading freedom with some casualties- But I would rather spread freedom now with few casualties, than risk loosing it later with mass casualties. I am so proud of what our troops are doing and of the fact that I am a citizen of the USA. Some people don't get it. Don't you want to get rid of the people who want you dead just because you want to live?- and protect our future and the future of our children no matter what?
I know I do, and I'm damn sure my President does.
-My 2 cents

floguy55

Post by floguy55 » 28 Jun 2004 10:08

What's the best thing about having sex with 25 year olds?

There's 20 of them.

sick and disturbing yet funny... huh?

al k holik

Post by al k holik » 28 Jun 2004 10:08

Your two cents ain't worth one in my cash box.

Watch the goodamn film, then comment on it. I waited until it was released, and then I watched the film, and then I commented on it.

You can take whatever reviews you all want from Fox News and Drudge and whatever "news" sources you have at your disposal and you can shove them up all yer asses. Unless you see this movie and take all the information for what it's worth, with a fucking SHAKER of salt if need be, YOUR OPINION MEANS SHIT.

nfg05

Post by nfg05 » 28 Jun 2004 11:19

Not that I would know, but you MIGHT find a copy in alt.binaries.pens-pencils or something...

erichmj

Post by erichmj » 28 Jun 2004 12:21

this movie is alot like bowling for columbine. it consists mostly of michael moore making assumptions that he can't prove and never will be able to. the majority of this film is footage everyone has already seen with a michael moore voice-over.

moore had no real direction with this film and at times you wonder if he even knew what the film was supposed to be about. he wants you to believe that the entire 9-11 and iraq war affairs were so that bush and his friends could make money, but he never really shows you anything to back that up other than some pictures of bush with saudi's, shaking their hands.

michael moore, is not a revolutionary film-maker. nothing he says is new. if you watch it and walk away believing everything he says, you are a moron as well.

when i was watching the news there was a piece about moore on it showing him greeting fans. one of them was a little girl that he hugged. i bet if i looked hard enough i could find more shots of him hugging girls and make a documentary about how he likes to molest little girls, because that is basically what he did here.

meatwad

Post by meatwad » 28 Jun 2004 13:15

I'm not commenting on the film. just the basis for it. There is no way I would ever give money to Moore. Go ahead and hate on me but fuck it. If that is the way I believe, why do I want to give money to an asshole who will spend it on John Kerry.

A vote for John Kerry- Is a vote for John Kerry -
- i think

erichmj

Post by erichmj » 28 Jun 2004 13:54

i downloaded it. i won't pay to see biased shite.

it's not that i don't want kerry to be in office, it's that bush scares me less than kerry.

the other

Post by the other » 28 Jun 2004 13:55

ivaj wrote: Nuzman, watch the movie.
Wakeup call time. You can't support the troops without supporting what they do.
uh you can! Bush had no right to go in Iraq! He said that WMD where there, but they weren't. He said Saddam may obtain/has obatined Nuclear/Biological weapons. Yet they have yet to find it! And Bush said at a time that he wanted to talk to Iraq, thats bull! S. Korea which is a threat to the USA, which has WMD, has been in talks with the USA for a while now. They want to go into war with the US. Iraq did nothing, it was just a big cloud of smoke.

Watch the movie then come back here and try to stand up for Bush!

EDIT:
To quote Plato - "Only the dead see the end of war."
Yeah I don't support the war but I did get 55,000 pounds of supplies to the soldiers. They aren't there because they want to. They are there because they were told too...
Last edited by the other on 28 Jun 2004 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

erichmj

Post by erichmj » 28 Jun 2004 14:16

it is true that they are there because they were ordered there. but on the other hand they signed up to do this by joining the armed services, so do us all a favor and shut the fuck up. funny thing about this is, that they aren't the ones doing all the complaining.

the other

Post by the other » 28 Jun 2004 14:32

then you haven't talked to a soldier...

so you shut the fuck up...

they signed up to defend our freedom....
Last edited by the other on 28 Jun 2004 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

al k holik

Post by al k holik » 28 Jun 2004 15:20

erichmj wrote: it is true that they are there because they were ordered there. but on the other hand they signed up to do this by joining the armed services, so do us all a favor and shut the fuck up. funny thing about this is, that they aren't the ones doing all the complaining.
Well, we can chalk the "silence" of our soldiers about this war up to two things:

1. Criticizing the Chain of Command will put you in the brig. Ironic enough, that could be seen as an improvement by many of them.

2. With the now-neverending terms that soldiers serve overseas, you will never talk to one that's been to Iraq. Most of them leave in a bag.

Funny enough, if you (sigh) SAW THE GODDAMN MOVIE you would know several of them do talk about the war.

"I'll never give Moore a dime" is Thick-headed...err, I mean Republican... for "I'll stay in the conversation without earning my place in it." Most of the world has to put up with George Bush without having voted for him... don't you think it would be a decent idea to know what the rest of us think at some point?
Last edited by al k holik on 28 Jun 2004 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

one_eighty

Post by one_eighty » 28 Jun 2004 16:20

meatwad wrote:Some people don't get it.  Don't you want to get rid of the people who want you dead just because you want to live?- and protect our future and the future of our children no matter what?
sounds like you don't get it. do you really think they hate us because we want to live? do you think they hate themselves because they are alive? one thing you or anybody has gotta know before you go into war, is your enemy. And clearly our government(maybe they know but won't tell us) and most Americans do not know why we were attacked or are hated by terrorists. We are fighting terrorism because as our President put it, they are freedom haters... but thats all bull, and i find that hard to believe. now i can't tell you exactly why, because only the terrorists truly know, but something happened in the 80's for them to form Al-Qaeda. if i were a betting man i'd place my bets on unjust military occupations, being treated like 2nd class people, religious reasons, feeling of oppression, just to name a few.

if we just knew why they hate us so much and why they attacked us, maybe war could have been prevented and we could have come to a more peaceful resolution.

Justin

Post by Justin » 28 Jun 2004 18:00

<a href='http://boxofficeguru.com/weekend.htm' target='_blank'>http://boxofficeguru.com/weekend.htm</a>

haha. awesome.
No recount was needed as President George W. Bush won the votes of moviegoers across North America and was elected commander-in-chief of the box office in the scathing Michael Moore documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 which shattered all industry expectations on its way to the number one spot. Never before has a doc hit the top position and in just its first weekend of release, the award-winning feature has already become the top-grossing documentary of all time.

Michael Moore's supporters and detractors showed bi-partisan cooperation and showed up en masse at theaters giving Fahrenheit 9/11 an estimated opening weekend gross of &#036;21.8M. Playing in only 868 theaters (the most ever for a doc, but still just a quarter of what top summer blockbusters play in), the top ten's only R-rated entry averaged a scorching &#036;25,115 per location. To put that into perspective, other movies with similar debut weekend averages this season include Shrek 2 (&#036;25,952), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (&#036;24,303), and The Day After Tomorrow (&#036;20,071). With &#036;22M to date since its Manhattan debut on Wednesday, Fahrenheit has already surpassed the &#036;21.6M that the former top-grossing doc, Moore's Oscar-winning Bowling For Columbine, grossed during its eleven-month theatrical run.

Fahrenheit, which examines various aspects of the Bush presidency, rode into theaters on a tidal wave of media attention which has been building steadily over the past two months. From winning the Palme D'Or at the Cannes Film Festival, to leaving the distribution hands of Disney and Miramax, to the unsuccessful appeal of the MPAA's R rating, controversy has kept 9/11 in the public's eye and translated into robust ticket sales with sold out shows from sea to shining sea. Lions Gate and IFC Films, the distributors in North America, capitalized on the controversy making the Moore vehicle the can't-miss hit of the summer. And while sales from underage teens buying tickets for other movies and sneaking into Fahrenheit can't accurately be measured, it is notable that all other titles in the top ten witnessed declines that were smaller than normal.

All aspects of the distribution and publicity were executed brilliantly. The director, who has now officially gone mainstream, popped up on all the right talk shows to promote his moneymaking venture. The distributors also picked out a key weekend to launch. With Spider-Man 2 swinging into theaters on Wednesday, studios refrained from opening any really big titles on the June 25 frame. That left the field wide open for a &#036;20M+ gross to capture first place. Over the last four months, only once has a film with a weekend gross as small been able to reach number one. Now, with red-hot averages, and a new round of publicity touting its historic top spot debut, Fahrenheit 9/11 will be able to add even more locations hoping to tap into the country's patriotic mood over the upcoming Independence Day holiday frame. This Wednesday, the distributors plan to widen to over 1,000 sites.