Spider-Man 2

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
minombreesjuan

Post by minombreesjuan » 30 Jun 2004 03:30

but yeah actualy i think that is her nipple...or at least her areola or whatever the fuck they are called.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 30 Jun 2004 04:09

Fuckin shit ass UK won't be showing this film til the 15th, bastards I fuckin hate how we get this major delay all the time when it comes to movies.

I wanna see this so badly, the first one was kinda average, nothing special but this time they don't have to deal with the creation, the foundation for the characters is layed now they can concentrate on the story.

Bring it on!

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 30 Jun 2004 04:17

Sam Raimi is great. Spider Man 2 is great. It will break records, then those records will be broken.

My fav Kiera Knightly pic...

Justin

Post by Justin » 30 Jun 2004 04:22

i think the post already implies that the gift was directed by sam raimi.
...you also have him to thank...
him, as in sam raimi.

anyhow, i just got back from best buy and i picked up the spider-man 2 game.

i'm not really sure if i wanna play it yet. i dont wanna spoil the plot of the movie by playing through the game first. i think i'll just play the tutorial and fuck around in the city and then start play the actual 'movie plot' missions tomorrow after i see the movie.

Anonymous Bastard

Post by Anonymous Bastard » 30 Jun 2004 04:32

You saw the first movie. The plot won't be spoiled. ;)

VashtheStampede

Post by VashtheStampede » 30 Jun 2004 04:54

Justin wrote:

anyhow, i just got back from best buy and i picked up the spider-man 2 game.
let us know how the game is, i really enjoyed the first one (despite how easy i felt it was) and would pick it up if it's worth it.

Love and Peace!!

James Earl Jones

Post by James Earl Jones » 30 Jun 2004 05:11

Sam Raimi
Ah, I saw him at a Comic book convention here, nice guy he signed all my Spider Man movie (1st one) crap, (posters, hats, shirts, etc..) Mainly, because the whole convention was promoting the movie. Signed my Army of Darkness DVD too. ^__^

Justin

Post by Justin » 30 Jun 2004 05:19

Anonymous Bastard wrote: You saw the first movie. The plot won't be spoiled. ;)
okayy.... whatever that means.

anyway, the game's pretty good so far. swinging around the city is lots of fun. takes a bit of getting used to though. you cant just shoot your web into the sky and hang from the air. you actually need to aim your web at a building or something.

bruce campbell is hilarious as ever. he doesn't just narrate the tutorial this time. he also does the in game hints. there's like over 200 hint icon thingies to find throughout the city so you'll probably be hearing from bruce a lot more than you did in the first game.

love the rag doll physics.

Tankz

Post by Tankz » 30 Jun 2004 05:23

I just bought Spiderman 2 the game for PS2. I played the first 5 chapters or so just fucking around. The graphics are not as great as I had expected, low detail pedestrians and car quality, and there is a little pop-up when swinging through the city. That is about it for negatives though, the rest of the game kicks ass. I must have spent an hour just swinging around the city and doing cool tricks and shit in the air.

The controls are much improved and web swinging is much better. The combat system owns also. Fucking huge ass juggling combos after you float someone in the air. And you are pretty much just pressing two buttons for punch and kick, but it looks awesome to watch.

Also, if you picked up the game, play at least through the first 4 chapters or so, it will not ruin the plot of the second movie, the game has lots of side missions and shit to do and even the main missions are just busy work to start out to help you learn what the hell you are doing.

The sound effects and music are not bad either. Overall, the game does have that GTA feel and the city is probably slightly larger than Liberty City in GTA3. You can choose when you want to do normal main missions or you can just swing around the city all day. Lots of hidden secrets and bonus shit and tons of side missions. It looks to have high replay value.

Just from the hour and a half or so I have played it, it looks to be a great game. If someone has it for XBOX let me know if you noticed the same low graphical quality (I expect it to be slightly cleaner and clearer, but as for the pedestrians and car models, I would think they would be the same), but let me know.

Justin

Post by Justin » 30 Jun 2004 05:30

yeah i got the xbox version. graphics arent the greatest ever but they do the job. i guess they had to lower the quality so that there's no loading time when you're swinging around the city.

the xbox version probably looks the best out of all three platforms though.

i wish i knew my way around new york. i wanna go visit ground zero and get to the statue of liberty!

i'm gonna find ground zero now.

Johnny Joe Joe

Post by Johnny Joe Joe » 30 Jun 2004 06:11

Tankz Thanks for the picture, I am in love with that young lady, even though I think she can kick my ass!!!

You guys are getting me so excited to go see this movie, I just hope I do not read the wrong post and ruin it for myself. Thanks for making up my mind wheter to wait or not.

reservrdg8

Post by reservrdg8 » 30 Jun 2004 07:25

Yeah that teaser trailer with the car going through the restaurant hooked me from the start. This movie will be the best thing ever. I hope I keep my pants clean until the end, but I probably won't be able to.

Justin

Post by Justin » 30 Jun 2004 07:38

The Xbox version benefits better than the PS2 version. You can speed through the game with no visual problems. It's not perfect, but on the Xbox, the game sports reflective windows up the wazoo, while on the PS2, it's a slightly different story.
<a href='http://xbox.ign.com/articles/527/527076p1.html' target='_blank'>http://xbox.ign.com/articles/527/527076p1.html</a>

w00t. i got the xbox version.

and i'll be seeing the movie tomorrow at 10am.

lswalker

Post by lswalker » 30 Jun 2004 07:38

During lunch today, I bought my ticket for the midnight showing, can't wait for it. It's very rare that I go see a movie in theaters, let alone the premire day, so I'm excited!

Jonstafa

Post by Jonstafa » 30 Jun 2004 08:42

I wanted to see it tonight at midnight, but it was already sold out. Stupid. I'm going to see it tomorrow evening, though. It's going to be so sweet. The best theater on the biggest screen in the city!