Your road rage thoughts

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 09 Jul 2005 15:25

I'll be honest: I hate driving. I hate people. I hate people driving. This all stems from the fact that I live in an area where every 10 seconds you will encounter every stereotypical driver that will set you off and get your blood roiling. When you consider that 36% of the people in the Washington, DC, area spend on average 30+ minutes commuting one way to work, that's a good number of

- people not paying attention because they're on their cell phone, reading the paper or applying make up
- teen drivers who just got their license and want to play Fast and the Furious
- old person who wants to be extra safe so they drive 5 mph under the posted speed limit
- 4 foot tall Asian woman driving a 7 foot tall SUV
- tourists who just can't grab the concept of fast cars on the left, slower cars to the right
- jackasses who, when they miss an exit, will back up against traffic rather than aim for the next exit
- HOV offender

Oh, there are legions more out there. So, what is it that you wish you could do to these people? The instant that someone pisses you off while you're driving what types of thoughts run through your head?

My thoughts:
- Prayers to God that he grants me telekinetic powers so I can make their car explode
- Why, oh why couldn't I have missiles mounted on my car
- I wonder if I could pull off that police manuever where you intentionally cause someone to spin out
- If only I had a shotgun in my car. Nothing lethal, mind you. I would just want to put several holes in the hood, the driver-side door or the wheels

Your thoughts?

lswalker

Post by lswalker » 09 Jul 2005 15:48

I've always wanted a paint ball gun, as to mark bad drivers with bright pink.

inplainview

Post by inplainview » 12 Jul 2005 00:29

My one great dream is to one day just have a beater car, and ram the living piss out of any dumb ass driver who I so please. I'd probably choose the one's driving beamers and mercedes :D

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 12 Jul 2005 05:52

inplainview wrote:...I'd probably choose the one's driving beamers and mercedes...
:omfg: :ph34r:

I've always wanted to take pictures of HOV offenders. And then ram their cars.

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 12 Jul 2005 21:07

I've wondered why camera phones and digital cameras haven't been used more often. Someone should make a website where you submit "offender details" and a picture. Or even crappy video of fuckers doing stupid shit.

I feel your pain, puzzlehead. These drivers around here are so rude. I've jumped out of my car once already because of these assholes.

But what I can't understand, is if they're in such a hurry - why in the Hell does no one get in the intersection on a green light to make a lefthand turn?!? Argh!!! Get in the middle you fucktard, so you can make a run for it when there's a break in traffic. And when it turns yellow - go, go, GO!

And when you make that left turn, and I make a right turn - you go in your lane and I'll go in mine. Is that so difficult?!?

Dere33

Post by Dere33 » 12 Jul 2005 22:06

Generally whiping out a ski mask and following noticably close to them till they get home usually does the trick of slowing these fucktards down! ;)

Sampson

Post by Sampson » 12 Jul 2005 22:54

puzzlehead wrote:- Why, oh why couldn't I have missiles mounted on my car
Ha! I've actually said that I wished I had missles behind my headlights.

The worst I usually do is give them the one finger salute.

Although one time, about two years ago, I was driving toward an intersection where I didn't have to stop, but cross traffic did. Some dumb bitch in a mini-van apparently didn't read the "Cross Traffic Doesn't Stop" sign, and decided she would go. It was icey, too. Well I had to slam on my breaks, and swing my car around just so I wouldn't plow into her.

The whore just kept driving.

It was the second time I had almost gotten in an accident at that intersection because of someone else's stupidity (oddly enough, it was another woman in a fucking mini-van). The first time, I was late for work, so I just kept going.

Not this time. I followed her ass. For about ten minutes. I had no intentions of getting out and confronting her. I just wanted to scare the hell out of her.

Dere33

Post by Dere33 » 13 Jul 2005 01:05

Sampson wrote:Not this time.  I followed her ass.  For about ten minutes.  I had no intentions of getting out and confronting her.  I just wanted to scare the hell out of her.
Exactly what I am talking about! Give em a little of the ole stalking treatment just to scare em a bit!

Semper Phildelis

Post by Semper Phildelis » 13 Jul 2005 06:14

As a fellow DCite yes, traffic blows consistently... but I go monthly to VA Beach... you want to see some retarded drivers? Go down there on a Friday and come back on a Sunday.

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 13 Jul 2005 06:23

I'm originally from Va. Beach. ;)