Link Dump!

Shoot the shit.
smash

Post by smash » 18 Aug 2007 22:32

I'm surprised that hasn't happened before now!

Seriously

Re: Link Dump!

Post by Seriously » 12 Oct 2007 02:32

The woman in this link is quite obviously turning counter-clockwise, but what I find interesting is that someone felt the need to give it nipples.

Actually for a while I was making it switch between clock and counter-clock but then I started to think I could feel each half of my brain chug-chug-chugging to life and that scared me.

If you're interested in seeing change direction and are having trouble glance down at her reflection a couple of times and see if that helps.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 12 Oct 2007 02:49

Seriously wrote:The woman in this link is quite obviously turning counter-clockwise, but what I find interesting is that someone felt the need to give it nipples.

Actually for a while I was making it switch between clock and counter-clock but then I started to think I could feel each half of my brain chug-chug-chugging to life and that scared me.

If you're interested in seeing change direction and are having trouble glance down at her reflection a couple of times and see if that helps.
AAH Wait no, I meant she is obviously turning clockwise, I was so busy planning out the rest of my excellent post as I was typing I mixed the words up.

I was on like the second sentence when I was writing the first.

EDIT: Ah-ha

This whole editing thing appears to be something time based. There is a 5-minute window in which it is available.

exelis

Post by exelis » 12 Oct 2007 06:20

Yeah, it is time based. I'm pretty edit happy, but only for a short time after I post. I really should use preview and think a bit before I post, but I don't. 5 minutes kills me, because if I make 2 edits, the 2nd will never make it in time. I completely understand the time limit thing (don't want people going back and changing stuff hours later in the middle of a heated debate), but the short limit that is there now is a PITA.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 12 Oct 2007 10:29

No, Seriously...you were right the first time. She's obviously rotating counter-clockwise. In fact, try as I might, I simply cannot get her to spin the other direction. I must have one hell of a strong left cerebral hemisphere. Explains my choice of vocation I guess...

And I'm glad to hear that editing is not completely lost to posters, even if there is now a time limit. Seriously was the first to point this issue out to me in a PM, but I've been unable to figure out how to adjust this feature of the forum's new software (which is still in beta, btw).

to bad yep to bad

exelis

Post by exelis » 12 Oct 2007 20:30

I can switch it at will.

The whole right-brain vs. left brain thing is oversimplified to the point of it being fallacy, anyway. I remember a student saying something about doing a project on it in my Sensation and Perception class and the prof replying quickly with something to the effect of "You know better than that".

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 12 Oct 2007 23:44

AngelBaby wrote:No, Seriously...you were right the first time. She's obviously rotating counter-clockwise. In fact, try as I might, I simply cannot get her to spin the other direction. I must have one hell of a strong left cerebral hemisphere. Explains my choice of vocation I guess...

And I'm glad to hear that editing is not completely lost to posters, even if there is now a time limit. Seriously was the first to point this issue out to me in a PM, but I've been unable to figure out how to adjust this feature of the forum's new software (which is still in beta, btw).

to bad yep to bad
To me, she is rotating clockwise. Like you, as hard as I try, I cannot get her to spin counter-clockwise. I guess this explains what you all knew already. That I'm well and truly away with the fairy's.

Also, her constant ascending and descending movement started to really annoy me.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 13 Oct 2007 00:51

Dex finally got my brain unstuck, and I can now make her spin in either direction. ^_^

In fact, I think I almost got too good at it, as I can now see her extended leg going clockwise for a half-spin, and then counter for the next half-spin.

smash

Post by smash » 13 Oct 2007 07:43

You are all crazy. Whenever it lags it switches direction back and forth. I think it is a loading thing. I think its switching back and forth because like I said everytime it pauses and loads it flips direction.

Furthermore, counterclockwise/clockwise are useless descriptions to explain her turning. From who's vantage point? Hers? Ours? Looking down on her? Doesn't it require us to know which direction she is facing when she is spinning? If we think of her looking away from us and turning from our left to our right but if she is facing us wouldn't it be different?

psyper

Post by psyper » 13 Oct 2007 09:54

okay my brain is doing strange things at the moment - every time I blink she switches direction. I can stare at her for ages then blink and shes going in the opposite direction - I blink and then blink again a couple of seconds later and she switches back and forth!! I guess my brain reboots everytime i blink!! Shit my brain dual-boots. I need to get out more :S
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 08 Feb 2008 18:18

Mike

Post by Mike » 09 Feb 2008 13:44

gulliver wrote:HELLO

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 10 Feb 2008 03:00

People who may be at work or school would definately not appreciate a window such as that, especially when they cannot close it.

Mike

Post by Mike » 12 Feb 2008 00:57

Seriously wrote:The woman in this link is quite obviously turning counter-clockwise, but what I find interesting is that someone felt the need to give it nipples.

I can make her move either way. I just close my eyes and imagine her moving left or right.

8)

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 12 Feb 2008 17:06

Seriously wrote:People who may be at work or school would definately not appreciate a window such as that, especially when they cannot close it.
Task Manager is your friend.