Salvia

Shoot the shit.
gulliver

Salvia

Post by gulliver » 29 Nov 2008 10:13

Ive taken a lot of class a's in the past. Not so much nowadays. I guess you could say that I've moved on from that stage of my life. I do take drugs every now and again when I feel its a "special occasion" but its not like ive ever needed an excuse in the past.

I had never heard of salvia up until about three days ago. I thought I was "in the loop" and knew it all but Im getting older and dumber and find myself intrigued. Ive just spent the last half hour browsing various youtube clips of people and there first time smoking salvia. Most of the clips are of labotomized halfwits with one or two "older" users who genuinley seem to be having a fucking bellyaching time.

I was just wondering if any of all 5 or 6 of you have ever taken it and what has been your experience/recommendations?

Seriously

Re: Salvia

Post by Seriously » 29 Nov 2008 14:20

I smoked that a couple of times.

It made me laugh for about 5 minutes straight, and colors were a bit more vivid. That is about it.

Not worth the money in my opinion.

psyper

Post by psyper » 29 Nov 2008 17:27

gulliver wrote:I do take drugs every now and again when I feel its a "special occasion"
Like thanks-giving, christmas or any other time when the whole family is under one roof?

I've never taken anything worse than caffeine and even that fucks me up if I take too much!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 30 Nov 2008 00:06

Seriously wrote:I smoked that a couple of times.

It made me laugh for about 5 minutes straight, and colors were a bit more vivid. That is about it.

Not worth the money in my opinion.
Apparently there are varying strengths. Ive read that some people felt like they were dying, others felt like they were in an alternate dimension or some shit. Of all the reactions I observed the immediate effect seems to be a fit of laughter followed by a complete spastic like state.

I think i'll wait for this one to find me.

psyper wrote:
gulliver wrote:I do take drugs every now and again when I feel its a "special occasion"
Like thanks-giving, christmas or any other time when the whole family is under one roof?

I've never taken anything worse than caffeine and even that fucks me up if I take too much!

HA no I meant that in a very broad sense. I like to tell myself its a special occasion as some sort of pathetic self justification.

A special occasion could be:

A stag night, holiday in another country, Big-ass house party, New Years eve, you get the idea..

exelis

Post by exelis » 30 Nov 2008 04:06

I've been considering trying it. One guy I know certainly gets a rush out of it... He's usually a curmudgeon, but he's much more pleasant to be around for quite a while afterward.

I figure it's not illegal, and it only lasts a short time as a high, so it's probably not a bad thing to try, as long as one starts out slow.

smash

Post by smash » 01 Dec 2008 20:22

I've absolutely never heard of it. I could google it, but I'd rather ask someone to explain what it is, where it comes from, all that!

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 01 Dec 2008 21:28

smash wrote:I've absolutely never heard of it. I could google it, but I'd rather ask someone to explain what it is, where it comes from, all that!
Wiki entry