Google Voice

Geek talk.

Moderators: Dex, smash

Bob

Google Voice

Post by Bob » 10 Jul 2009 23:33

Has anyone been invited to this yet? I heard about it months ago and I just finally read about all the features last night. I wish they would hurry up and send my invite.

Heres some info and demos if you havent heard about it.

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

I cant wait to spook my friends out and pop in on them when they are leaving me their voicemails.

I dont think they are doing the user invites like they did with gmail. Fun fact I got my gmail invite from miss Stacy Austin on the FUBAR of old

psyper

Re: Google Voice

Post by psyper » 11 Jul 2009 03:19

meh. Just read the front page - nothing jumps out at me saying "YOU GOTTA FUCKING GET THIS SHIT".

What part of this sold it to you? Anyone else wanna get hold of it and why?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Bob

Re: Google Voice

Post by Bob » 11 Jul 2009 06:53

the listen in feature because im weird like that.

but the ability to record conversations and to get transcripts of voicemails is also cool. Making someone I dont like talking to automatically get voicemail would be wonderful.

Also if I add my google voice number to my friends and family on verizon then that means I no longer have to worry about minutes. So I can drop to a lower plan and save money.