Prototype

Gamer talk.

Moderator: Dex

gulliver

Prototype

Post by gulliver » 29 Apr 2008 23:57

I think this has the potential to be all kinds of win.

On first look it resembles Hulk:Ultimate Destruction on the ps2 except your a moody hooded figure rather than a overgrown roid fuelled pea. There seems to be alot more to it though than just destroying everything on screen.

Lets hope it doesnt get held back by reptitive gameplay of suffer from a poor plot/story.

efilflah

Re: Prototype

Post by efilflah » 30 Apr 2008 04:50

Yeh I've been following this one a bit too.

I know it's pre-alpha but still, every clip I've seen so far has had very disappointing environments in it. I mean, I know games work better if you only go in 4 directions but the grid system cities do my nut in. I want some creativity in the environments, not just some kind of afterthought after they've developed the rest of the engine.

The whole consuming people's identities thing could be cool, if they implement some hitman-esque missions into it then I'll be happy, but I don't want it to just become an instrument in getting close to enemies so I can kill them easier. I want full on infiltration missions as well as the frantic chase/destroy stuff.

I just have this nagging fear that it's gonna be dumbed down something chronic or fail miserably on delivering what it promises.

Oh and it'd be awesome if they end up implementing that euphoria egine (http://www.naturalmotion.com). This is a game that could really benefit from it I reckon.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 04 Apr 2009 19:00

I hope this game doesnt let me down like The Force Unleashed did.

It looks as promising as ever yet there's just something that seems a bit.. off.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 04 Apr 2009 20:47

What seems off is that our hero is wearing a popped collar under a raised hood.

What?

What I really think is wrong is the concept of playing the ultimate badass. While everyone enjoys playing with their food in games like that, it just means that the only way to really threaten you when it comes to enemies is to drown you in them, which I personally find just irritating.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 25 Apr 2009 19:09

Seriously wrote:What seems off is that our hero is wearing a popped collar under a raised hood.

What?

What I really think is wrong is the concept of playing the ultimate badass. While everyone enjoys playing with their food in games like that, it just means that the only way to really threaten you when it comes to enemies is to drown you in them, which I personally find just irritating.

Judging from the gameplay video on xplay I think you could be on the money. How many more of those fucking things have to fall from the ceiling? Id get bored after fighting three of them tops.

Mike

Post by Mike » 26 Apr 2009 21:29

elbow droppin' tanks

in

Justin
zoom zoom

Post by Justin » 31 May 2009 11:05

i dont know about prototype but i can tell you that infamous is pretty fucking AWESOME

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 31 May 2009 18:14

Justin wrote:i dont know about prototype but i can tell you that infamous is pretty fucking AWESOME
Way to swerve off-topic, PS3 fanboy.
I've played a demo of inFAMOUS and it was very fun. I also have a copy of Prototype, and it's probably the same amount of fun. The only thing I like more about Prototype is... you can fucking fly.

Otherwise, I'd say they are both 10/10
Then again, I only played 15 minutes of each...
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 27 Jun 2009 12:31

“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010