The Dark Knight Rises

Film talk.

Moderators: Dex, smash

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

The Dark Knight Rises

Post by AngelBaby » 28 Oct 2010 04:31

Yep, that's the title for the third Batman movie from Chris Nolan. And we also got some news today about who we won't be seeing squaring off against the Caped Crusader in the film...

"It won't be the Riddler," the helmer tells Los Angeles Times, no doubt to the disappointment of fanboys dreaming Johnny Depp might get the call.

Also, the movie will not be filmed in 3D, but will be shot with high definition IMAX cameras.

gulliver

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by gulliver » 28 Oct 2010 04:56

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 28 Oct 2010 04:57

Oh and I don't like that title. Wtf is he getting an erection or something?

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 28 Oct 2010 13:17

Leave it to Gully to ruin a perfectly fine movie thread.

“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 29 Oct 2010 06:20

"Say what are you going to see in the cinema tonight?"

"I'm off to watch Batman get a boner!"

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 29 Oct 2010 06:22

Dex wrote:Leave it to Gully to ruin a perfectly fine movie thread.

This person gets 10/10 for creativity.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 20 Jan 2011 04:44

Anne Hathaway will be your new Catwoman.

And Tom Hardy is playing Bane.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 21 Jan 2011 06:19

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 21 Jan 2011 06:21

AngelBaby wrote:Anne Hathaway will be your new Catwoman.

Hathaway as Catwoman? Not convinced. Hardy is good casting though,especially if he can get back to the size he was in Bronson.

He's also a complete loon.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 21 Jan 2011 19:00

gulliver wrote:

Hathaway as Catwoman? Not convinced. Hardy is good casting though,especially if he can get back to the size he was in Bronson.

Not convinced how? Shes female, brunette & attractive. What are your Catwoman bullet-points that are missing here?

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 21 Jan 2011 22:07

Dex wrote:
gulliver wrote:

Not convinced how? Shes female, brunette & attractive. What are your Catwoman bullet-points that are missing here?
Bullet points? What the fuck are you talking about? I just don't think it would fit. But then I again I was surprised at Ledger getting the Joker role. Hey what the fuck do I know. Maybe Hathaway will overdose on some prescription drugs an this film just might be as successful as The Dark Knight.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 22 Jan 2011 03:04

gulliver wrote:Bullet points? What the fuck are you talking about? I just don't think it would fit. But then I again I was surprised at Ledger getting the Joker role. Hey what the fuck do I know. Maybe Hathaway will overdose on some prescription drugs an this film just might be as successful as The Dark Knight.
Anne's mountain to climb in this role will be very similar to Heath's, as she will be compared to Michelle Pfeiffer with the same scrutiny as he was compared to Jack Nicholson.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 22 Jan 2011 05:21

AngelBaby wrote:
gulliver wrote:Bullet points? What the fuck are you talking about? I just don't think it would fit. But then I again I was surprised at Ledger getting the Joker role. Hey what the fuck do I know. Maybe Hathaway will overdose on some prescription drugs an this film just might be as successful as The Dark Knight.
Anne's mountain to climb in this role will be very similar to Heath's, as she will be compared to Michelle Pfeiffer with the same scrutiny as he was compared to Jack Nicholson.
Maybe she will surprise me like Ledger did. She'll certainly look good in the suit. Incidentally, Pfeiffer's performance was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the story. I've always liked Pfeiffer and I've had more than one sly wank over her as a young lad. I thought she was great in Burton's film. I just don't think Hathaway can convey the sultry, vixen and devious nature associated with a character like Selena Kyle.

I hope she proves me wrong, and gets her tits out.

Again.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 24 Jan 2011 18:18

gulliver wrote: Bullet points? What the fuck are you talking about?
Bullet points are the individual aspects of an item fitting another item that you want to match.

Basically, the things you want in a "catwoman". A, B, C, etc. I think as an actress she embodies almost every quality of catwoman and I'm curious why the fuck you aren't "convinced" that she can do it. If Christopher Nolan can get a washed up , worthless Katie Holmes to provide a decent love interest, why are you "not convinced" that a brunette femme fatale can measure up to whatever BULLET POINTS that you have set for that character. It boggles the mind!

That aside, I watched Bronson tonight to prepare my brain for Tom Hardy as a hardcore ASSFUCKER that Bane is. I was not disappointed. It seriously is a Clockwork Orange for this generation.

As much as I love the goddamn batman. I want Tom Hardy to break him in a billion pieces. ^_^

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 25 Jan 2011 16:44

Dex wrote:
gulliver wrote: Bullet points? What the fuck are you talking about?
Bullet points are the individual aspects of an item fitting another item that you want to match.

Basically, the things you want in a "catwoman". A, B, C, etc. I think as an actress she embodies almost every quality of catwoman and I'm curious why the fuck you aren't "convinced" that she can do it. If Christopher Nolan can get a washed up , worthless Katie Holmes to provide a decent love interest, why are you "not convinced" that a brunette femme fatale can measure up to whatever BULLET POINTS that you have set for that character. It boggles the mind!

That aside, I watched Bronson tonight to prepare my brain for Tom Hardy as a hardcore ASSFUCKER that Bane is. I was not disappointed. It seriously is a Clockwork Orange for this generation.

As much as I love the goddamn batman. I want Tom Hardy to break him in a billion pieces. ^_^
I knew what you meant. I was just being dismissive of your sarcastic jibba jabba. You think she embodies almost every quality of catwoman.

I don't. Not yet anyway.

But like I said I'm willing to be proved wrong because Hathaway is obviously hot and lets be honest, Most of us won't give a flying fuck what she brings to the character because we'll all be too busy looking at her tits and ass in whatever jumpsuit they grease her into.

With regards to Bane and Hardy. Do you think they'll stick to a "natural" muscular look or try and beef him up with cgi?